Poker and exercise?

123cards321

123cards321

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Lately since I have been playing more poker I have decided to exercise while I do it sometimes. I usually do pushups and abdominal workouts to be able to stay focused while I am doing them.

I think it has not affected negatively my game and it clearly is a benefit to use your poker time and also be getting in shape :D. I even play more tight since I do not play hands just because im bored of waiting for some great cards since when I fold I have something to distract myself with meanwhile, but clearly you do not have the same focus on to know how your opponents play by reading how they play the other hands.

What are your opinions on this, anyone here also does exercise while playing poker?

AMTTT

AMTTT

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
without exercise difficult to sit for hours on the game , my opinion is that many players use exercise during a game

Paya_31

Paya_31

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I do not exercise now when I play poker, but I will try to see how it goes, very good advice yours friend. Many people look for different ways to spend time in the game. regards

muse713

muse713

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Lately since I have been playing more poker I have decided to exercise while I do it sometimes. I usually do pushups and abdominal workouts to be able to stay focused while I am doing them.

I think it has not affected negatively my game and it clearly is a benefit to use your poker time and also be getting in shape :D. I even play more tight since I do not play hands just because im bored of waiting for some great cards since when I fold I have something to distract myself with meanwhile, but clearly you do not have the same focus on to know how your opponents play by reading how they play the other hands.

What are your opinions on this, anyone here also does exercise while playing poker?

I do lunges sometimes. I am going to try to do push ups and some crunches. Thanks

MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Could always play on a stationary bike or a tread mill.

M

Millie232

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't exercise while I play, other than getting up to have a quick walk around and stretch. I have noticed positive correlation between exercising in general and my poker performance, however. In general, the more active minutes I have logged on my Fitbit, the better I'll do in a tournament that day. This is actually the primary reason I started walking more and going to the gym 4-5 days a week - I'd say the 60-90 minutes of exercise I do per day boosts me up at least one, and possibly two pay levels in an average tournament. At the level I play at, that equates to about an extra $20 per hour of exercise I do. I'm sure there's a cap and diminishing returns, but I'm comfortable with what I'm doing now.

MattRyder

MattRyder

🍏 Tech That Works!
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think it's a good idea. Not something that I actually do though since I have a separate workout most days.

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I think that sport is very influential on the performance of any poker player. I am regularly swimming and, as a result, I am more rugged, focused, disciplined, and mostly I have a good mood. :)

david1bear

david1bear

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it is a awesome and a smart idea. I also do a little myself, could always do more though:0) good luck to you and keep grinding

mitroff

mitroff

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If the game session is more than eight hours every three hours I pull up on the bar or stretch. Although during prolonged sitting, you need to do exercises to improve blood circulation in the legs and pelvis. The simplest stretching and squats. Previously, when I played a lot, I thought of buying a table for work while standing up, but I began to play less often and abandoned this idea.

Serkish

Serkish

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
exercise is good for the blood to get flowing and the brain sharper. I usually do a few active exercises as well as keep a 25 lbs dumbell by my seat so I can lift while waiting for hands. The days I don't exercise I feel like i'm making more mistakes and i'm not as alert.

ANATOLII1981

ANATOLII1981

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
sport and poker

It seems to me that this is the best combination of poker and sports exercises. I personally go to the gym and most of all I like to play poker after the hall. At this moment I am completely relaxed, focused, pleasantly tired and calmly needed. It has a great effect on my future game and significantly improves my poker statistics. Best of all removes excessive negative energy, excess explosive emotionality and frequent aggressive play. I make fewer mistakes It is after training in the gym. Yes, and a small game before training will give the necessary energy and adrenaline rush. In general, play sports and play poker !!!:cool::cool::cool:

finaltable1

finaltable1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Hey, I don't even do pushups and lift heavy things but I also work during poker sessions. Sometimes I draw things, but frequently have to operate machines and I use voice control, cause wireless mouse isn't helpful when you're replacing machine gears or other machine parts and both of your hands are busy. It's quite easy, just turn on keyboard shortcuts in poker software like F = fold, C=Call and so on. and assign voice commands for each keyboard key. "PRESS.. B.. 2.." means bet 50% of pot in my case. Works well for 1 table. Can't use it in 12 table sessions or with 2-6 different poker clients.

W

williamsc99

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
well for me there are two times in which I can do exercises. Before entering a session and in the interval of one tournament and another. I usually do a walking, bodybuilding exercises. I always take a time in the day to do this. The walk for me works great because I can reason about how the session is and the day and where I should focus and improve besides being great for preventing stress

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
exercise improves blood circulation and blood flow to the brain. I think this is good for playing poker, especially since sometimes a poker game has to sit for a very long time !!! Sometimes I also do physical exercises during breaks !!!

Alex70793

Alex70793

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When the tournament break, do 30 sit-UPS, helps to cheer up and the blood to disperse, and then from sitting too long legs numb

masik6

masik6

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Exercise and play poker what could be better and there and there + music.)):p

L

lablelarry

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play on the treadmill at they gym, I find it makes me stay on longer since I can only drive back home on a break. Also good distraction if you hate working out! I just wish the card sizes were a bit larger on some mobile programs. Some programs can't handle it if you go from one wifi to another and just say "game is ended' good god! have to log off and back on again and lose a hand in the meantime.

cleder7

cleder7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I already tried to do this but it did not work well with me. I can not focus on either, one hinders the other.
And for each one to be practiced in the best way it is necessary to dedicate a unique time individually for better results.
Now, if you are joking, then yes it is possible to perform the two together.

Clowntown

Clowntown

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
That's not a bad idea, Especially if you just run 1 table.

I

izpanol

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Right in that I was thinking. Lately I'm dedicating myself more to online poker, so I do not have much to do and play MTT of 16 tables seems crazy to me, so I decided to buy some handgrips to train my hands and maybe some small weights for my arm

I

izpanol

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Exercise and play poker what could be better and there and there + music.)):p
Exactly, the music is also a great stimulant, I love to leave it at random and meet new bands with the automatic youtube player

vov4ik

vov4ik

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Yes, I also do physical exercises or exercises during the breaks in the game when I play long tournaments for a very long time, I don’t know how it works to concentrate in the game, but the body needs to be charged so as to linger and periodically so that the joints on the arms or legs get a warm-up , in some cases, players who have exercise machines at home do warm-ups, or can go to the gym after the game and knead the body, and you can get a warm-up and do exercises at home!

B

blata8ruga

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I do not exercise while playing poker, I just find it distracting and I feel like I am able to stay focused without it. Though I do exercise after I play to release stress.