Poker and Exercise

G

Gangsta1394

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've found that when i play multiple days of poker in a row, i dedicate most, if not all, of my day to it. I like to be an active person, as it helps my mentality, and have been involved in sports all my life. how do you balance out staying in shape and the long grind of poker?

grinya774

grinya774

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
And I'm lazy, I like to do nothing and only play poker.

miric007

miric007

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I recommend to all five Tibetans.
You can practice in your home, do not need any reconciliation.
Exercising five Tibetan helps maintain stamina and improves concentration.

cwdignus

cwdignus

Carpe diem
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Physical exercises are unpredictable to any athlete. Even mental athletes like poker players need physical exercise regularly,

Andrei Korolev

Andrei Korolev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
everything should be in moderation and sports and poker, it's good that it was there and there

iriska

iriska

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you are too lazy to do sports, you need at least half an hour, walking a day! That evening before the tournament and walk!

S

SweatPea

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i keep a planner of the things I'm going to accomplish and do for the day, so i play poker in moderation so my brain doesn't get fried.

partz

partz

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Push ups and jogging after each run that rskes more than 4hours

vadimknyshov

vadimknyshov

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I go to the gym 3-4 times a week, it helps me to be in shape. In poker, I usually play at night before going to bed, and it does not prevent me to live actively

eulukaas1

eulukaas1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
WHEN IS THE BALANCE IN POKER WIN. When you're not wasting money for nothing.

What balance always find when you lose? You win at poker east lively really feel you're living, you're much better.

Last edited by a moderator:
T

Two6JJ

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I work out when I first wake up then play for the rest of the day.

C

Comesons

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yea i work out but in my really lazy days or if im feeling like i have been inactive, everytime i get pockets ill just do 10 pushups. i know its stupid but just something to do

vitalicharniak

vitalicharniak

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In general, when a game of cards appears terrible laziness to do something else, but sooner or later get tired of poker and want to do something else, such as sports. The brain gets tired

Svyat66556

Svyat66556

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I love sports and exercise in moderation, but for the poker reality, need to be trained more productive than others, then you will play better than others,

Marcwantstowin

Marcwantstowin

Member of the T.S.T
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Yea i work out but in my really lazy days or if im feeling like i have been inactive, everytime i get pockets ill just do 10 pushups. i know its stupid but just something to do

Interesting, I hope you do your push-ups after the hand is over, cos that would be a very noticeable tell!!! :rofl:

Alex Sentsov

Alex Sentsov

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes, poker takes a lot of time. Nothing can be done.

C

CardDead711

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
To prevent myself from not exercising on the days I play, I make a rule that I can not sit down and play until I have exercised. Since I really want to play it makes me get the exercising out of the way. If I don't exercise before I start playing I soon realize its to late and the opportunity has been wasted.
Good luck!

SAVag

SAVag

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If poker starts to take up all day long, it has become like a disease. Be sure to get distracted and do something else. Since poker for most people is still a hobby that can bring extra income. rather than the main means of income. Therefore, refers to it should be, respectively - as a hobby rather than play cards all day long. And the quality of the game, and thus the profitability of this not getting any better. It is necessary to switch to another activity.
My poker is a few hours a day after returning from work. Over the weekend, the time spent at the poker anymore, but definitely not all day, and time and enough for a walk, and household chores.

S

sekcapilniqt

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hi

apparently there is someone to give you money so lazy
if you have no money and no one will give you your job and coming home to you then would play

P

plyto777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Poker is good, but should not be forgotten for exercise!

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Something I used to do back in the day (which I should probably start doing again) was to assign an exercise to a suit and then whatever the highest card was when my hand was dealt and I folded, I'd do that exercise until the start of the next hand.

So for example, I might have something like:

Clubs = push-ups
Hearts = Squats
Diamonds = Burpees
Spades = Crunches

So, if I was dealt something like Ac7d, I'd fold then do push-ups until the next hand was dealt. Then I'd rest 1-2 hands, 3 if I needed it, then repeat.

I'd mix in different exercises each time. Sometimes focusing more on cardio, other times on strength.

What I liked about it was it was unpredictable. Sometimes the hand ended quickly and I only did 5-6 push-ups. Other times, it took a while I had really push myself to get more after squeezing out 20 or 30. Sometimes, I had to do 4 sets of squats in a row for various amounts of times.

I think I did this for 2-3 rounds or ~20-30 minutes, which isn't a lot of time, but really intense at times.

What I do now is, since I play on SB and join the freerolls, I sit out for the 1st hour of the game. So, in that time, I have plenty of time go for a nice walk around a lake by my apartment. I can walk and play Pokemon GO, then make it back in time to take the add-on. Sometimes, I'll got a spot that has ~40 steps and do 3 or 4 rotations.

grinya774

grinya774

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
apparently there is someone to give you money so lazy
if you have no money and no one will give you your job and coming home to you then would play
Apparently it is you give me money, give me work and play for me in poker.

Anki_KB

Anki_KB

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
you need stamina for poker and you need to moove your as a bit... if its walking or any other sport doesn´t matter. I love a game of Bowling for an example... and that needs a sharp mind too, just like poker. A psychological game both of them. I allso take walks with walking sticks to reduce tension in my shoulders and neck.

K

KALUGAJ

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
SK
Chips
I'm more of an athlete, as a poker player, so if I had to choose between sports and poker, won by sport

D

DrakeM

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You should try to keep regular hours for sports and poker. This way you make sure to have time for both and neglect none of them.