Poker- Dependency or Hobby?

PatriceM915

PatriceM915

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello friend to me a way to earn some extra money but this month I only profited
50 dollars but it helped a lot. Thanks to CC.:)

JuicerBro

JuicerBro

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Not sure whats meant by "dependency? But poker has been both a hobby as well as main source of income over the years.

fullclock

fullclock

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
poker for me is a hobby that sometimes makes me profit. I still can't dedicate myself full time as a professional player. But I hope that one day yes

navicula

navicula

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Poker, for me, is just a hobby, a hobby that earns a little money. :D

C

Carlloss

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For me it's a hobby, but it makes me addicted like a drug. I'm usually more annoyed than happy when I finish a session, yet I'm always looking forward to the next break to play again. Haha ha

J

JOHNNYROD143

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Probably a bit of both. If I find myself playing a lot I feel like I get addicted. However, when I take breaks I'm able to lean off of it a bit more. But, the second I play again I am likely to go on a poker stretch all over again. Definitely, not great because I still need to improve my play

N

neptun1914

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Definitely hobby. Sometimes i don't play at all for weeks as i have other hobbies also.

A2020

A2020

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Not a hobby really, just play it here and there. I could not play it for a while, but then come back just for fun.
I would require to be more consistent to even consider it a hobby.
Doing some more learning would be good also.
Recently started the CardsChat 30 Day Learning so that will help improve my game quiet a lot for sure.
But yes, mainly for fun playing from time to time.

C

coolbrees 9

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me it's def a hobby but with a passion and love for the game!

psy0nyd3

psy0nyd3

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have a fairly addictive personality so my hobbies easily can turn into dependencies if I am not careful. Knowing how it affects me and being successful at managing my compulsive behavior are two very different tasks. SO I would like to say its a great hobby for me but the stress is tough to deal with and sometimes I may go on month long benders where in the end I have to take a step back and leave the game alone for a while to reset myself. Addiction is a bitch!

CullinanPoker

CullinanPoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I’d definitely have to side with a hobby too. I don’t have the mental capacity to grind all day long, especially online

GRIN281289

GRIN281289

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For me, poker is more than just a game, there is no addiction at all, but more than a hobby

T

tladake

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
new hobby, that would be nice if become source of income. I thing in long term all hobbies should be beneficial for us. We will see, for now I have a fun.

fernandofcp

fernandofcp

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For me, poker is a hobby, but if I'm not careful with it it becomes addictive.

Angel v rai

Angel v rai

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Very good question). It's more of a dependent hobby). Poker is a drug)

mattiebumpo

mattiebumpo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Poker is a hobby for me. I would not want the pressure of being dependent on poker for my living expenses. I enjoy the competition and constant learning.

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Poker is a hobby for me but there are times i think its a dependent hobby. I love this game and miss it when I can play.

kucu2014

kucu2014

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think both. You play as a hobby first and then you become addicted. That's all it's hard to admit. :D

M

mtmigmike

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Poker is a hobby for me, but sometimes I can't stop to play.:(:)

telespf

telespf

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play for hobby

I would like grow my bankroll for play other tournaments that have more hight tip of enter.

I think that have to do this with the help of Card chat.

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I have not registered my bank details with pokerstars, so all my winnings are still with them since the day I started playing on their site, I am not looking to make a living from Poker so I do not need the money I have won, and I treat it as Virtual money and can play for free all the time.
There is an old phrase that say's " What you never had, You cannot miss" and that is how I feel about my winnings on-line, Live games have always been a different story because having to travel and sometimes stay in a Hotel over night, I need my winnings to pay for the trip and if I couldn't do that, I wouldn't play Live tournament's.
.So as I do not depend on my On-line winnings I treat it more as a hobby, and a training tool for when I play Live games, It has helped me over the Pandemic to stay focused on the game and feel, if and when I return to the Live games, I will be a better player and win even more, but I am not holding my breath.

When the fun Stops, STOP!

INISHTE

INISHTE

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BO
Chips
Hi Friend.

I wish it was dependency, but for now it's just a hobby.

C

Cute Octopussy

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me it’s a good hobby for now, but I try to play better every time so it can change into a cool work. When I told about this to my parents they were shocked, as for them poker and all gambling games associated with dependency and debts. They know this game as destructive dependency, however I want to play it everyday, every week it’s another type of dependency, it’s not destructive. I’m just dedicated

sincos

sincos

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There is a kind of dependence on poker, but I like poker as a game)