Poker- Dependency or Hobby?

L

Lilbrown92

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me it is a hobby. I only play in my spare time.

Bagmet

Bagmet

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
gambling hobby . but suddenly a million drop out in spin & go and will work on the same day and a more enjoyable hobby . they say that the best job is a hobby

ezgift

ezgift

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
well, not the dependence that's for sure. but sometimes you really want to play, care for the tournaments. just to play)

besplatnee

besplatnee

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
(Addiction - I say no)
(Hobbies - I say yes)

igroksash

igroksash

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For me, poker is a hobby. I like to play poker in the evening after work when I have free time.

cwdignus

cwdignus

Carpe diem
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
poker has brought many benefits to my life, i am learning english, making friends, improving my mind in many ways, i can say that it is more than a hobby or simple card game ... poker is a way of life

INISHTE

INISHTE

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BO
Chips
Hi friend.

I would love to depend on this, but for now it is my hobby and I am doing very well. :D

SillentHunterZ

SillentHunterZ

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hobby, just playing video games.

Lenka65

Lenka65

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Opinion

Of course, poker is addiction. A hobby is collecting stamps and herbariums.

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Poker for me is a hobby, Because I read about Poker, I watch Videos of past games and I can play for free using money I have won in past games, I find it entertaining, and enjoyable and some of the book's I read are not always about strategy or game play, At the moment I am reading Doyle Brusons Biography "Living Legend" which is more about his life playing Poker, not anything to do with Strategy.
Another book I read recently was called "Ghost's at the Table" again has nothing to do with strategy or game play, but it follows the History of Poker from the Wild West day's up to present day, I found it really interesting.
Hobbies are not only Stamp collecting or Coin collecting, a true Hobbyist will try and find almost anything to do with the subject, no matter what it might be, Imagine how much the original deck of cards would be worth, if you had the deck Wild Bill Hickcock was playing with when he was shot dead with the famous Ace's and Eight's hand?
A Hobby is something that interest's you and you spend time enjoying. It doesn't have to be Stamp's, Coin,s or Model Train's. It is a Hobby when the subject matter interest's you and like minded people.
I am lucky enough to make money from my Hobby.

When the fun Stops, STOP!

C

CallmeFloppy

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Certainly a hobby for me.

L

Lucky_Shark

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker is my job. Once there was a hobby, but I always wanted to make money with it and strive for it. Poker has never been an addiction for me.

Garfield52

Garfield52

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For me I have to say that playing poker is just a way to pass time and have a bit of fun. There is no way I would be dependent on poker. If I feel that happening is the day I close my computer but not before delete my poker site

NightStalker

NightStalker

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Since the beginning it was always a hobby for me.

diego farfan

diego farfan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BO
Chips
a bit of both since I would not classify it as dependency since sometimes I cannot play and I do not despair or in bad spells since a dependent person gets very desperate when a bad spell goes through, on the other hand, I take it easy and I I give a break

19aleks57

19aleks57

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I think that poker is not an addiction, but an interesting card game.

flail1

flail1

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Just a hobby, but if I don't play for a few days then I get the mental shakes (thinking poker, poker, poker) and just have to get into a game for my fix lol

K

kobra80

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
poker is my favorite hobby and a lot of fun. I play recreationally

ASMautoneJr

ASMautoneJr

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's fun and addictive, it's needing to play to have fun, but fun is guaranteed !! :D

H

HRVATSKIBOGMARS

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
HR
Chips
Poker is hobby for me. No chance that is addiction. I like to play poker but only for free and talk with my friends without any pressure. That is reason why I enjoy here in our forum.

nimburkx

nimburkx

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i cant say that its hobby cause now im playing to much)))