Poker- Dependency or Hobby?

Alex Sentsov

Alex Sentsov

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For me poker is a hobby. Fortunately, not dependence.

E

earthling11

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker is a long term game

There will be wins and losses always with everything in life. but if you play poker for a living you need to understand its a long term game and have a proper bank roll...as your job! ( job dependancy).! hopefully going up. but if not your just playing of fun! A:deal: fun hobby!

M

Matosko

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Since I play the poker during my journey to work, it is more-less hobby to kill the time :)

P

parks124

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's a hobby for me. Especially during the winter months when there isn't many exciting things to do. I like the excitement of playing, but I can go 6 months or more without playing and barely miss it.

Vlad symrak

Vlad symrak

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
And a hobby and pleasant entertainment, with a small chance of earning !!!

SlimHeperpokerstars

SlimHeperpokerstars

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What is poker for you? Dependency or hobby?

First of all, it's a chance to break into a better life! Although nothing prevents poker from being both addictive and hobby and earnings at the same time! To some extent, all the options are correct! I would compare poker with my girlfriend: she is also a hobby and passion and dependence for me))

V

veruska A1

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker for me a hobby, is a hobby, is something I like to do when I have nothing to do to Distract me and have fun for a while, I think I would never see it as a dependence because in poker sometimes it is lost or Wins and If you do not produce the necessary weekly or monthly to cover your expenses as you would do? You have to be careful with that, you have to know how to differentiate between dependence or hobby and when you as a person is clear which of the two is your situation then you can enjoy what you do.

Awrpze

Awrpze

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hobby. However, there's certainly a thinly veiled line dividing hobby and dependency. It's highly stimulating, so it could certainly turn into an addiction for me. At this point, it hasn't consumed my life.

D

Dan Perkins

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play poker for laughs and enjoyment. Not anywhere near a good enough player to do it for a living.

imnoobpoker

imnoobpoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For me is it a hobby. Coming back from work and then play some poker!

andreigabor

andreigabor

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker has become my new hobby, I hope to have good results in the future and I certainly will not give up this hobby. Goof luck to all :)

N

noname2

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I am playing poker on and off for 7 years. When i start to play more than five hours a day its time for break. When i am playing its a job for me so i try to be the best i can. In a period of playing i live from playing poker. In my country you can make living from playing small stake tournaments and mikro stake.

n3rv

n3rv

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Starts as a hobby, can turn into something else.

robertocoelho

robertocoelho

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me a hobby, but I would dedicate myself in studies to become profitable

froggeedogs

froggeedogs

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hobby?

i play for a hobby, but my hobby is necessary everyday....haha

A

atila1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
atm is hobby but i like poker become my job

acidburnfx

acidburnfx

Senior apprentice
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
If the hobby becomes work, then it becomes addiction.

eberetta1

eberetta1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Some people watch a lot of TV, or go out to eat frequently. I prefer to play poker, if my family responsibilities are done and I have gotten in my exercise for the day.