Chebchoub

Chebchoub

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
I think the best thing to do to learn or master the game of poker is to use an online poker school because it is free and full of valuable information, and also to share your experience with them. And practice the game with a lot of participation in any available opportunity, such as free tournaments, satellite, take advantage of your mistakes and correct them, and most importantly if you love poker, you should continue to play and prepare for joy and sadness and not give in to frustration.

INISHTE

INISHTE

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BO
Chips
Hi Friend.

Some might fall into the trap of lying poker coaches, but hey, no one is going to hire a coach without having the slightest idea of ​​how this game works and knowing the variation.

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi.
Of course not all, but scammers do happen. Nevertheless, I believe that new opportunities open up for every member of our community and therefore there is simply no need for coaches. All a beginner needs is to become a member of the CardsChat community.
Good luck.

MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Like with any service provided, you will have some not reputable. It is another way to get to the next level. Always ask those who went that route if it was worth it.

franken222

franken222

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
All you really need to do, is take a look at the stats at the % of how many money winning players there are on the internet, versus how many players there are on the internet.

It's something like 85% lose money...10-15% break even, and the rest (5%) do well.

Keep watching the pros, and do reading by the pros.

Some of the best to watch, and read, are:

Dan Harrington
Daniel Negraneau
Doyle Brunson
Phil Ivey

Dan Harrington, especially, is the one to read. He used to be a chess master, so if you want strategy, that's where to go.

Phil Ivey, and Doyle Brunson, are the best to watch for actual play, but Brunson has retired, so you'd be looking at old clips of him, but in poker, era doesn't matter.

N

nutself

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Put it in another way, poker is not only difficult to learn, it is also not easy to teach.

77ecos

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I do not have experience in this matter either, but as already mentioned in all areas there are scammers, there is a lot of free information to learn and raise your game to a great level, another thing that helps me a lot is to watch the transmissions of The pro on twitch, in particular matt staples is my favorite and I learn a lot about his game and in the same way I have improved a lot watching him and everything totally free, I think that kind of transmissions is a luxury:jd4::jd4::jd4::jd4:

Piligrin66

Piligrin66

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker trainers are people who have been playing poker for many years and have a lot to teach newbies.

H

Hsac

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
This is my personal opinion. I think there are some poker coaches out there that are scammers and there are some that actually want you to improve your game to the next level. But here's my problem with them, majority and a whole lot of poker coaches talk as if there game is guaranteed that you'll win and always be successful if you play and follow what they did which is just not always the case. I feel like poker coaches prey on beginners or bad players to exploit and take your money on selling you this dream that can or cannot come true and make extra money outside of the poker world and sucker people.

I never had a personal poker coach but I did read from poker magazines and watched the pros play on YouTube and learned certain things. I learned more about the game of poker from trial and error from fake money apps for practicing and even real money gambling. The one thing I learned is that nobody can teach you how to be yourself in this game but yourself.

You have to utilize and do what works for you. What works for top pro players like the Negreanu, Ivey, Holz, Hansen, Koon, Esfiandiari, Dwan, and all those pros I just listed might not work for you or vice versa. What works for you might not work for the pros I just listed. There will always be winners and losers in this game.

In conclusion I think you can learn from poker coaching but I'm fully aware that these poker coaches are BS'ing around and make it seem like if you play like this poker player you will win all the time. But what people fail to realize is that these poker coaches don't talk about is every situation is different. From players, variance, the cards, the positions, just because something worked for one player is not guaranteed to work for you. Your situation might be the same but the outcome can become different and you fail.

So what do y'all think? Are poker coaches scammers just trying to sell you a dream and make more money?
I believe the majority of them are trying to bestow the wisdom of their experiences. That doesn't necessarily make them scam artists, though I'm sure there are scam artists out there. My online game for a long time now has been triple up SNGs. I've worked hard to build my expertise in the game and have made a lot of money. Tried teaching everything I know about the game to a friend, and he failed miserably. I sat down with him, sort of an unofficial coach, to watch him play. Turned out whenever he had to wait a long time for a count down while waiting for someone to make a move he went berserk. He just didn't have the level of patience needed for the game. I suggested he switch to Turbo or even Hyper-Turbo games where the countdown goes much faster. He's been doing much better.

A2020

A2020

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This is my personal opinion. I think there are some poker coaches out there that are scammers and there are some that actually want you to improve your game to the next level. But here's my problem with them, majority and a whole lot of poker coaches talk as if there game is guaranteed that you'll win and always be successful if you play and follow what they did which is just not always the case. I feel like poker coaches prey on beginners or bad players to exploit and take your money on selling you this dream that can or cannot come true and make extra money outside of the poker world and sucker people.

I never had a personal poker coach but I did read from poker magazines and watched the pros play on YouTube and learned certain things. I learned more about the game of poker from trial and error from fake money apps for practicing and even real money gambling. The one thing I learned is that nobody can teach you how to be yourself in this game but yourself.

You have to utilize and do what works for you. What works for top pro players like the Negreanu, Ivey, Holz, Hansen, Koon, Esfiandiari, Dwan, and all those pros I just listed might not work for you or vice versa. What works for you might not work for the pros I just listed. There will always be winners and losers in this game.

In conclusion I think you can learn from poker coaching but I'm fully aware that these poker coaches are BS'ing around and make it seem like if you play like this poker player you will win all the time. But what people fail to realize is that these poker coaches don't talk about is every situation is different. From players, variance, the cards, the positions, just because something worked for one player is not guaranteed to work for you. Your situation might be the same but the outcome can become different and you fail.

So what do y'all think? Are poker coaches scammers just trying to sell you a dream and make more money?
I have seen some Lex Veldhuis streams where he receives live coaching and hands reviews.
I understand that talking about hands and the way you played them and why you did so helps to soak things up.
But I guess it's probably because I never did any study of poker that I don't get much from that. I'm now watching and reading the Become a winning player in 30 days course that CC offers. Don't think I would go as far as having some coaching as I mainly play for fun and low stakes. But if talking with someone about your game and analyzing hands helps you, I guess a coach is fine.

Lipki3

Lipki3

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I think there are good coaches out there. But as a rule, a good coach costs a lot of money. But even here there are exceptions. I know cases when coaches simply retell textbooks for unrealistic money

DiegoRamos

DiegoRamos

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I don't believe it, but we can't believe everyone either.

So nothing that a deep search won't help.

L

legend309

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
There's scammers in every industry. It's up to you as the consumer to choose the right product or service for you. Maybe one coach meshes better with your preferred playstyle . The funny thing about poker is no situation has the perfect move every time.. every decision made has variables to consider, so I don't believe there is a one move fits all in any situation. So to copy and paste a training seminar will only go so far anyways. You gotta play the game yourself and learn. Poker is always changing too so what worked yesterday might not work well tommorow

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Everywhere there are scammers , people who have less skills or no skills at all , yet they try to take your money . You see incapable doctors , other unskilled professionals pretending to be good , trying to cheat poor people . So some poker players with no good results or knowledge also will try to cheat new players , take their money , write fake books that repeat things others have already said and written about before , so many do this everywhere , trying to exploit most profit , no matter if they are actually good and skilled trained or not

MattRyder

MattRyder

🍏 Tech That Works!
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Short answer - most are sincere, some are not. Just like US presidents.

IKE390

IKE390

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
unfortunately it is something that exists. :(

Only_player

Only_player

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I know only about russian project Academy Poker. Ofcourse this project can teach u play poker better if u beginner amateur. But for this u can always use youtube videos for free. I think pay him its bad investment. Too much negative responses about this academy so dont loose ur money

KrazyKoo

KrazyKoo

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
FI
Chips
Lot of poker coaches online seem to be pushing affliate links, book deals and try to push their own" deals" through every platform they can. Comes off as desperate and weird but I think even through that they have some value in them.

veltins

veltins

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
JP
Chips
Right now anyone hiring poker coaches really need to think about it 10 times before doing it , now so many free stuffs are available online . no need to hire a coach to teach those same things

recerveau

recerveau

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think most do, but there are good ones too.

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
Someone in the process of learning develops himself, improves his poker soft-skill. Coaching develops your own skill, in addition to the good one that was. Because I have to regularly work on the game with students, in the process you always learn something new for yourself. So coaching is a very profitable occupation. Why do people who make money with poker eventually also become poker coaches. After all, they only make things worse for themselves, at least in the long run.

IRINA70

IRINA70

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
As you rightly pointed out, no one can teach you to be yourself in general and poker, as a part of life for many of us, is no exception to this rule. You can teach someone the basics and rules of this game, but only the player himself can make a successful professional out of a beginner, investing in the game, in addition to skills and time, his personality and uniqueness. This is why Negrianu and other poker superstars are unique and cannot be taught. Otherwise, there would be much more top players, and the coaches themselves (if they are so smart) would occupy the first lines of any tournament table.

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
I think you need to choose a media personality as a trainer, they definitely won't be scammers, since reputation is above all

manzanillo53

manzanillo53

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

I think 90% are a scam, maybe not intentional, but still a scam. What irks me is after spending an hour telling you what to do or not to do they close with just to cover there asses. This will not work if the other player is trying to trap you.

jordanbillie

jordanbillie

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

If someone is telling you that they have all the answers, they are probably wrong. ;)

Poker is adaptive, therefore a dogma cannot exist. What I mean is that once a specific formula for how to play is written down, it is immediately outdated.

A true poker coach would teach her/his student how to tap into their own intuition/problem solving skills. They would also teach them that poker is a practice of constant/continuous improvement.

There is no magic formula for how to play (it always changes).

This is why I strongly dislike the term "solver." ;)

Good luck finding your practice, and if I can help in any way I will try. :)