Poker buddies

B

BamaDoug

Rising Star
Total posts
also looking for people to talk poker with

I use yahoo messenger as my primary IM program. countryclubdoug@yahoo.com.

I don't play much on pokerstars but I like to play anywhere really. I am new to the game (less than 60 days) and I'm trying to get ready to take the plunge into real money play.

I intend to deposit (small amount) at the first of november. I would be glad to have a friend to chat with.

Please feel free to add me as a contact. I spend a lot of hours playing this game.

I found that carbon poker has been the best site to learn with play money. I feel this way because you can't get money everytime you want it. They make you wait 4 hours before you can get more play money. At the higher level tables, there isn't too many donkey moves as seen on most sites (and i have tried quite a few).

They also offer 6 player tables and I can find some really competitive games on this site for play money.

Please feel free to contact me.

BamaDoug

T

TheGhost9657

Total posts
well first of all, G/L when u start to play for real cash, make sure you do not put too much at risk in one game. use teh mulitple of 20 rule. have a t least 20 buyin to cahs games ebofre sitting down, so if you play .50/1 game you should have ideally a 2k bankroll.

IM affarid I am not on Yahoo. but feel free to email me at psdomain@hotmail.co.uk I would be ahppy to answear any question you have

Kenzie 96

Kenzie 96

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
I use yahoo messenger as my primary IM program. countryclubdoug@yahoo.com.

I don't play much on pokerstars but I like to play anywhere really. I am new to the game (less than 60 days) and I'm trying to get ready to take the plunge into real money play.

I intend to deposit (small amount) at the first of november. I would be glad to have a friend to chat with.

Please feel free to add me as a contact. I spend a lot of hours playing this game.

I found that carbon poker has been the best site to learn with play money. I feel this way because you can't get money everytime you want it. They make you wait 4 hours before you can get more play money. At the higher level tables, there isn't too many donkey moves as seen on most sites (and i have tried quite a few).

They also offer 6 player tables and I can find some really competitive games on this site for play money.

Please feel free to contact me.

BamaDoug

Don't know how you feel about SNGs but to build from a limited bankroll you might consider Bodogs $2 Beginners 10 seat Tourneys, they pay 5 places & are a safe steady way to build a bankroll. Hope you spend some time reviewing the articles section here before depositing as there is much good information on playing & bankroll management. Real & play money poker are different games & you need to pay careful attention when starting out as the competition is quite different. Good luck & enjoy.

T

TheGhost9657

Total posts
I would agree with that. SnG are a great way to build a bankroll. although the variance is high when only playing SnG, so be prepared to deal with big swings of not cashing. I would recomend you have alook at my blog. I will be posting some articles on poker sites in realation to SnG and MTT play. so keep an eye out.

My blog is TheGhost9657 Poker Blog

peace out and take care
TheGhost9657

B

BamaDoug

Rising Star
Total posts
thanks for your replies

I actually got my interest in poker from the bodog sit$ go's .. play money of course..

I found that i can beat almost anyone most of the time there .. i'm sure the real money competition is good but i can almost guarantee to make the top 5 more times than i don't.

I will be keeping up with this forum and your blogs.

thanks again.. doug

C

chink44

Enthusiast
Total posts
Play as chink44 on Pokerstars. My aol S/n is ChinkMaster7 and my skype name is Craig Walters

B

BamaDoug

Rising Star
Total posts
cool, can u help me xfer $50 back over there.. i like that site ok

i can xfer to you on absolute..

B

BamaDoug

Rising Star
Total posts
why? it's for a private room.. it's a blast with everyone in the room on chat. kinda like a live game

it's kinda hard to collude when everyone at the table hears your comments if that's what you are getting at.