Poker books - that aren’t poker books.

Pokerstudy

Pokerstudy

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
What are some of your favorite non-poker books that have helped your poker game?
I have quite a few, but I will name three :) What are yours?
Sorry for the Amazon links..it’s just easy to post and has all info there..I am not getting any kind of money from sales or clicks etc, I personally wish amazon didn’t rule the world! They are just darn efficient, lol ok back to topic.

1. Work Clean: The life-changing power of mise-en-place to organize your life, work, and mind,
https://www.amazon.com/Work-Clean-life-changing-mise-en-place-organize/dp/1623365929

I posted about this in a separate topic. It breaks down to life organization and prioritizing.

2. Influence: The power of persuasion
https://www.audible.com/pd/Influenc...MI_cqRgMDa6wIVf-bjBx3xFgyxEAAYASAAEgJVe_D_BwE

3. Sun Tzu: The art of war
https://www.audible.com/ep/title/?asin=B00URXOQ1E&source_code=GO1GBSH08141790G9&device=d&gclsrc=aw.ds&ds_rl=1262685&ds_rl=1263561&ds_rl=1260658&cvosrc=ppc.google.sun%20tzu%20art%20of%20war%20audiobook&cvo_campaign=250471689&cvo_crid=272864019790&Matchtype=e&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI0rncvsDa6wIVZv_jBx2_4QSfEAAYASAAEgKBmPD_BwE

F

Freepokerfree

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A beautiful book that has helped me for every situation in life, it is a book of reflection and learning about nutrition, comprehensive awareness applicable to everything including Poker. Regards
"Sugar Blues is a book by William Dufty that was released in 1975 and has become a dietary classic. According to the publishers, over 1.6 million copies have been printed" "Dufty uses the narrative form to delve into the history of sugar and history of medicine "

N

nellorossi83

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I need read the last two.. I didnt know that it could help in poker, now I wanna read them much more

Pokerstudy

Pokerstudy

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I need read the last two.. I didnt know that it could help in poker, now I wanna read them much more
These help in theory, for me they help tremendously but may not work for every single person, the idea is to explore what has helped each that they have read:)

Pokerstudy

Pokerstudy

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Ok, I should of also added songs, no I am not joking, these songs are on point:) Bill Withers - Lovely Day

1nsomn1a

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It doesn't matter what books you read, it matters what you take from them for yourself. You can read a children's fairy tale and get more value from it than from a scientific treatise.:)

Stasey

Stasey

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Nathan Williams Crushing the Microstakes is pretty good book for beginners.It helped me.

FoxMS

FoxMS

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't read poker books, but I prefer watching videos. Unfortunately, I just don't have enough time to read such books.

S

sn0112

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sticking to the OP's criteria of non-poker books that help your game...:)

Thinking, Fast and Slow by Daniel Kahneman
The Art of Thinking Clearly by Rolf Dobelli

For a hybrid book that is as much about pyschology, luck and life as it is about poker, I would recommend The Biggest Bluff by Maria Konnikova

:jd4:

S

sn0112

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What are some of your favorite non-poker books that have helped your poker game?
I have quite a few, but I will name three :) What are yours?

Thanks for the first two tips, which I hadn't heard of. I'll take a look :)

GARCIA PABLO DANIEL

GARCIA PABLO DANIEL

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
hello

I have not read poker books if many videos