Poker Books

shinmenkami

shinmenkami

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What books would you guys recommend for agressive players?
I recently read "Let It Be Range" - cole, nguyen. And even tho is a relativelly old book i liked alot.
The way poker has changed in the past decade makes me think of books as sketchy because they can be missleading.
And the most recent ones in my impression are written by players that had success for a short while, so i dont know wich ones to pick.
I researched the forum for posts at the same topic and i realized the topic had always changed.
Yes, im aware video format is predominant and theres alot to learn on twitch and youtube, but i would like to keep the topic on books for two reasons
You can read a short book in one sitting that would take days of video classes.
Also you cab afford to choose your words and topics more carefully on a book

Last edited:
Austria7

Austria7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In my opinion, all poker books should be read. Humans tend to take short cuts - the newest is the best and yesterday's best is completely out of date. That is not always true. Old poker books by, for example, David Sklansky, Phil Helmuth, Doyle Brunson, Dan Harrington etc. are also valuable. And the tight game style has its justification and is not unprofitable. Bring poker to perfection is a lifetime project anyway.

shinmenkami

shinmenkami

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In my opinion, all poker books should be read. Humans tend to take short cuts - the newest is the best and yesterday's best is completely out of date. That is not always true. Old poker books by, for example, David Sklansky, Phil Helmuth, Doyle Brunson, Dan Harrington etc. are also valuable. And the tight game style has its justification and is not unprofitable.

I agree with you, specially because most of the players you quoted studied over the years and managed to stay relevant even with the game changes. That process is more valuable imo than a guy that is very good at micro stakes during 8 months