Poker Books

W

w.cawar

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi guys, just wondering if there are any poker books to recommend, In looking at the Moorman one and this one on amazon called Ryan Harrington

Poker books: Three of the best poker books written. Master game theory optimal and and mathematic formula to win small or big stakes tournament!

My level of knowledge is basic to middle. I understand poker and the rules etc but where I struggle is with percentages and when I should be raising and folding and when I bet how much to bet etc.

Or do you have any other recommendations?

pr0serbian

pr0serbian

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You mean Dan Harrington? He has awesome book about poker...Also try Doyle Brunson Super/System...

BuzzKillington

BuzzKillington

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I liked Annie Duke's Decide To Play Great Poker book a lot. It's very down to earth, as she takes a pure no-nonsense approach. She also has a way with words... which is just appealing.

E.g.,

Small Draw, Heads-Up, Out of Position, Without the Lead
Let’s say you don’t have position or the lead. I guess this happened when someone raised on the button and you called in the big blind after
aliens temporarily possessed you. (If you thought the button was so weak, why didn’t you re-raise pre-flop to avoid this truly ugly situation entirely?)
:p

MoeJurphy

MoeJurphy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker books are good for getting a general grasp on poker, but you'll find a lot more in depth up to date stuff on coaching sites/youtube

W

w.cawar

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker books are good for getting a general grasp on poker, but you'll find a lot more in depth up to date stuff on coaching sites/youtube
Thank you do you know any good poker training sites?

W

w.cawar

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Thank you do you know any good poker training sites?
I have found some of the books talk about players limping in but I don't find that in today's game it feels a lot more aggressive, I could be wrong though

BuzzKillington

BuzzKillington

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have found some of the books talk about players limping in but I don't find that in today's game it feels a lot more aggressive, I could be wrong though
What stakes are you playing at? I see lots of limping every day at NL2.

SydTheCat

SydTheCat

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My personal favorites are the 'Winning poker tournaments one hand at a time" series, by Rizen,Apestyles,Pearljammer. They takes hands from real tournaments and give you their thought process. Each have their own play style, so you can pick which works best for you.

rfbh54

rfbh54

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Super/System, Elements of Poker, The psychology of poker.