Has poker become boring and mathy?..

1KrazyMofo

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No but the game itself does get tedious, as do most games similar to poker its not like call of duty where you're running and gunning people down and involved in action all the time, you can be waiting hours for hands at times or you can be dealt well pre-flop and be in situations post flop where your hands never going to be good. so its boring like that for me, Its a game of patience and if money wasn't involved I probably wouldn't play at all.

GRIN281289

GRIN281289

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Everything changes over time, new players come to poker from different countries, that's why I love poker

Rost

Rost

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I only started playing poker three years ago, and for me poker has never been boring or purely mathematical. For me, poker is a great pastime that always requires maximum concentration and patience.

L

Laynester

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Boring ? Mathy ?

Yes and Yes.

But WE LOVE playing !!!!

Thanks CardsChat and your fearless admins. Lots of work and we ALL really appreciate your hard efforts!!!

And all through the epidimic too....

Take care of our (Healthcare) I'm mean Our POKER ADMINS!!!!!!!!!

Thank you !!!!!!

We love Tammy!!!!
:angel:

VITOS

VITOS

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
It's no secret that constant activity in one direction can lead to boredom, even if this activity brings a good income or allows you to live most comfortably. Poker is no exception in this regard, and over time there are fewer and fewer "new" moments that arouse your genuine interest. However, the appearance of boredom is not a reason to stop playing, but only an indication that it is necessary to revive the former love of the game and learn to see poker itself in a different way. The moral of this is that poker will be as good as the life around you is good. Focus on the good things in your life, and only then on poker. And then the passion will manifest itself.

rdwr33

rdwr33

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I also agree that poker has evolved into probability, I particularly prefer to play just for the pleasure and joy of sharing this moment with friends.

T

tourpro99

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Variety is the spice of life they say. I think it's always wise to mix things up, find other activities, other games etc to limit the boredom or staleness you get doing the same thing over and over. I always found it more fun to mix up playing styles and games played when getting bored.

sergui72

sergui72

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sometimes you need to take a break from poker. Reload yourself)

mushthebush

mushthebush

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Hi

I started playing online poker in 2006, won a few $$$ and stopped as I was 12 and had other aspirations. For me, it has always been a maths game, just like trading stocks and I personally enjoy it. What I dislike are the "home bots" and the gamblers as that's where the missed opportunities/coolers come from and I find myself having a lot more coolers than in 2006. Some nearly impossible as in quads over quads, quads over full or straight/royal flush over quads, repeatedly in quite a short period of time. Even tournaments are sometimes dubious. So I imagine the profitable way to play it is indeed multiple platforms, multiple games, all at the same time so your brain gets numb and you don't care about the coolers and then you can play calmly. It's more of a job now than it has ever been if you want to make a profit/living. As a recreational playing 1-2 tables for a few hours a day (as I restarted) turned out to be disastrous.

10gerka

10gerka

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
On the contrary my friend, poker is becoming more fun and profitable, I personally have fun playing poker, there is no game in the world that makes you feel the same adrenaline that makes you feel poker while you play, it is unique, the more you climb levels the more fun it gets, it is a game that is evolving like any other, but its essence does not change.

Plut41

Plut41

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes if feels that way, I remember people were playing so aggressive and loose :) now it's all the same.

E

Edzha07

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker cant get boring, if you find the right way to play it online. I tried many different ways during my active time playing poker daily and found the best suited for me - playing one tour of a time, to focus on every opponent on the table and slowly winning chips by waiting the best hands or the hands, that gut tells to play. That way I can feel the online tour as close to live poker as it can be, because live poker is a different and much better experience than playing online.

jj77jwj

jj77jwj

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
No when you play for so long you dont need to do the math you just know when it's time to fold it's just instinct after couple of years or so it's all about feeling your players out and reading the board

franken222

franken222

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I still love the game, and enjoy playing. I've played for many years, but I find, now, that some of the sites, like pokerstars, have lost much of their focus, and have become very gimmicky.

PokerStars is a great example: Instead of rewards, they now use the "Rewards" as a way to get you to spend more money, not for rewarding how well you play, or your results.

I don't see much point, now, in giving them money, just so that you can open a chest, that tells you to bet on sports, so that you can get a free bet.

What's that got to do with poker? The same applies to their challenge windows. They're now connecting poker "challenges" with sports betting.

It's also much the same at party poker
It's very distracting, and if you're really into poker, it's a real non motivator.

T

theStarfish

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
I do not think that Poker has become more mathly because it always was. Nowadays more and more people have known the math but this does not mean that the game has become more boring. It is still exciting, online or live :)

P

pierceisgod

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't think poker is boring if it is then you probably should take a break, I would say there has always been math involved in making decisions on every single hand, I would say the math part is just seeing whats optimal to call and raise in every scenario but I don't think the game has been solved by any means or ever will be.

JordanH

JordanH

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Mathy? Absolutely for the pro grinders.

For the rest of us it's totally different - lots of "educated" guesswork, weighing different outcomes, assessing your opponents and above all - LUCK!

B

bidearm

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i think its always been mathy but boring i dont think so

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think online poker is a lot more about math than live poker and this is one of the reasons that I prefer live poker. Live poker is more fun for sure because read your opponents still is very important, but I don't think online poker boring.

S

Scorpyon235

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
Dimpotrivă,pokerul devine din ce în ce mai distractiv și mai profitabil, eu personal mă distrez jucând poker, nu există nici un joc în lume care te face să te simți aceeași adrenalină care te face să te simți poker în timp ce joci, cât your joc care evoluează ca oricare altul, dar esența lui nu se schimbă.

D

damnthatkings

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
in large tournaments or at a live table, there may be one of the decisive factors, but at a regular table on the site, I think there is enough banal knowledge and good intuition

razarach_xD

razarach_xD

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Math

I enjoy the math part of poker. I like the intricacies of “poker math”. However math is not the only skill/tool that a given person utilizes. I feel it helps keep my mind sharp and adds to my personal enjoyment!! My opinion.

Stay Safe

Z
Hey m8, I enjoy it too.... honestly, everybody who is using math is enjoying poker 100%. I really like the feeling when I play, nobody's around me and all I see is the table... and numbers and when I ake the equation and win ?.. Woaw !

fang215874

fang215874

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
it is clear that everything goes into a bare calculation and figures. But if you don't bother much with the financial side. You can still enjoy the game.

A

alien666dj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I personally never get bored of poker.

YenRodriguez

YenRodriguez

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
new times, and this is the new standard, all based on probability and from there great results have come out.