Can Poker Be A Career ?

H

Hemified

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Its not easy or every1... I think its possible if you try, im no pro but I definitely know it can be done, and seen my friends go big and go broke too. I think its about seeing more cards whether its live or online. Good luck.

H

Hsac

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Can i persue it as a career mind you my monthly income is 200$
If your goal is a consistent $200 a month or more income, then it might take some time but is definitely possible. Read some of my earlier posts to see how I did it and am still doing it. I'm pretty much making that much or more a week.

ATL2000

ATL2000

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I guess it depends on your goals, but anything is possible. The upper echelon of players have put a tremendous amount of time into the game to achieve their status.

lilypond

lilypond

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
GB
Chips
I think you can make poker a career if you are dedicated. But, to begin with, whilst you are building up your bankroll and poker knowledge, I would have it as a side income. An income of $200/month is a great start and shows you are a winning player, but it depends where you live and may be low to sustain yourself long-term.

gravii2011

gravii2011

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
why not. If you are not standing still, but are constantly learning and doing well, then you don't need to stop.

Mihail Grinvich

Mihail Grinvich

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
A career in poker is the same as walking on a “minefield”. On freerolls, you can not make a career. Additional cash bonuses -yes, career - no. Just read the statistics - almost 96% of poker lose. Poker is a fun hobby.

N

Narinka

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
AM
Chips
And about 96% of the statistics, I do not really believe.

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
very little for a career I think you should earn more