A

alabos

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
for sure but in my case dont be carreer on poker......but i just want to play with pro one tournament in my life

T

tourpro99

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you are a math genius you can make a living at this game. If not, extremely unlikely. You'd have to just get lucky in a huge field event and make a big score.

Zorba

Zorba

Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AQ
Chips
OP should become a freeroll pro, that way his $200/month can go to food, rent, and other essentials items that are more important than poker.

:top:

Pimp 007 x

Pimp 007 x

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Definitely not an online career though. Maybe in real life poker you may find success. But online poker is rigged so that your winnings on the long run will be about as much as the money you invested in the first place... So in other words, if you invest a total of 1000 dollars. pokerstars (supposing you play very well) will keep you around that amount... If you do too good your opponent will get help outs fron PS and donk bad beat you until you're back where you're supposed to be.

fang215874

fang215874

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
It is quite possible, but if you are not a super successful player. It is necessary to engage in near-poker affairs, like streaming on twitch, maintaining your columns on poker sites. Ideally, then become an ambassador of the poker room, if you are lucky.

M

mclay

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
I just love poker, and I have no particular ambition about it, I'm just glad that I have the opportunity to play my favorite game and the chance to win some money.

E

easy play

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker can be a career if you are making enough money for yourself.

E

easy play

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes. If you can make enough money from Poker.

LMB

LMB

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
All members

In no way could poker be a career, unless you are a millionaire and can cover all expenses without inconvenience, which if so, happy is the owner.

T

Tidu84

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You can do anything you like. But first you must assure you have enough money for living. Or you must do something for living fist.

P

padman400

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I could not imagine anything worse - those bad beats will play on your mind a lot harder, its NOW your living and NOT a hobby anymore.

V

valanddon

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Yes a lot of pros make a living at it.

S

suitedsadness

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker can absolutely be a career, but you need the ability to back the ambition up, and you need to be able to play unaffected by metagame effects like bankroll decreasing until it approaches liferoll, as if you change this, your winrate changes and you might not even be profitable anymore.

E

EvanX26

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
must be possible but not for everyone. I think i read that only about 15% of players are winners overall and most of them only make very small amounts so it must be tough to make a living playing.

D

DAVID KEHRER

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Can be if you have the time and money to put forth all the lows and highs of poker.

Nathan Williams

Nathan Williams

Poker Pro
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes, for sure you can. Especially if you live in a low cost country. Most places on earth are much cheaper to live in than the USA, canada, UK etc.

Dimission

Dimission

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that is only possible if you first make a good smasher and win a lot in one go. Then you could make a career out of it. but I wonder if it makes you happy if you only play online.

19aleks57

19aleks57

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I think that poker can be a career if you have a bankroll of $ 100,000, desire and skill

R

RDHartsoe

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, poker can be a career. You need to be prepared to have down turns. Be patient and start with smaller buy-ins. Build up your bankroll. Study, study, study. Best of luck.

willjosp

willjosp

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No, you can't have a career in poker unless you have full money and you see it as a hobby. Currently, you have to be very good at finding sponsors and playing big tournaments. :D

TirariAchref

TirariAchref

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
TN
Chips
Yes, it can be but you need to be sponsored by a company that invest on you.

elchonga

elchonga

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
definitely and absolutely hope so!:D