"Poker atracts the worst type of people"

Moonchild

Moonchild

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Completely agree with OP. I have lots of friends who are poker players but I find the majority of poker players to be types of people I would never associate with away from the tables.
Isn't there a contradiction in your quote? On the one hand you say you have alot of friends who play poker. On the other hand you wouldn't assiociate with the majority of players? Doesn't it just say that it has nothing to do with poker itself, but with life in general. You fall for some people and don't with others. The causes lay somewhere else then with poker? It's also possible that you see the players you don't know as opponents and therefore keep a mental distance. But again, I don't think it says anything about the 'friendlyness' or 'character' of poker players in general. Just my opinion. I think it's just psychology in general.

Erpherk

Erpherk

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not so true, i used to be a part of a poker community and everyone was friendly and awesome. we all wanted to bust each other in tourneys and it was a lot of fun. Poker attracts everyone! not just selfish greedy ppl, playing for fun is still a thing.

BigJamo

BigJamo

Aussie Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thats fair enough.

I dont like the attitude of many players, but then again i dont care about them either. I play poker. The nature of any one individual also puts them into a tell category that makes it easier to read them. Use their personality against them.

Moonchild

Moonchild

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thats fair enough.

I dont like the attitude of many players, but then again i dont care about them either. I play poker. The nature of any one individual also puts them into a tell category that makes it easier to read them. Use their personality against them.
:icon_thum