Chips
Is both combined. But much more like math and science I'd say

PatValShark

PatValShark

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
To say Both is easy, but more important, to accept that both are reacted upon by one unifying force is Wisdom.

That force is:

LUCK

CheezeWiz

CheezeWiz

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I Like It...

To say Both is easy, but more important, to accept that both are reacted upon by one unifying force is Wisdom.

That force is:

LUCK

Very profound. I agree, but much more so for anyone given hand. If it happens multiple times or at the Final Table... BONUS!

Best of Luck At the Tables All,

CheezeWiz

kidkarioka

kidkarioka

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
attachment.php

M

mclaughlinph

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Id say online is statistics or math and in person poker is an art as well as math.

MoCoSolo

MoCoSolo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
We can call it "StArt" = Statistics + Art.

theRaven68

theRaven68

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
statistical art and artistic statistics of acting and behavior

S

suitedsadness

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Fundamentally, I think poker comes mainly down to statistics. This is especially true online, but I also think the older style of poker is more of an art, and is equally valid as a playstyle, even if it would get dominated by modern poker theory.

masik6

masik6

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As for me, 50-50 has both art and statistics.:cool:

A

ataraxyan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think its 90% of stats and 10% of art. But, you know that "art" part is beaten by AI. That means it's 100% stats. But we human being express it "art" because it's uncanny for human brain.

Maxmustdie

Maxmustdie

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
statistics and work on the game play a very important role in poker

M

MichaelTyler

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker is a game. Strategy is varied and can be either creative (art) or math based or a mix of both. You can also just click buttons but I don't recommend. The thing is though, even when we are trying to employ a math based strategy, unless we are cheating then it's all our interpretation in the end, and that's pretty creative-- being able to run your yourname.exe at the tables with your own brain and understanding of the game. So... art?

danoscar

danoscar

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello. For me, it is a statistical art.
Dan'O

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Never though of poker as in art but to be honest, I could see it being a art to the game. While there is a lot to being statistically sound player under many circumstances putting your own spin into the game is an art form.

T

thefly1973

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well for online poker it s 80 to 90% statistics/maths

1 chosing your starting hand is driven by stats
2. postflop play is driven by stats/odds

If you call is determined by the fact that you chance you win the pot + the amount you can win versus the amount you have to pay

Even if you have notes on players .... it s also a statistic how they mostly play.....

smirnoff1914

smirnoff1914

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
probably statistics are going to be more profitable in the long run

Z

zerosalex

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Both, you have to have an understanding about statistics/probabilities/outs. but also how to play the game (art) bluffing, maintain chip lead, steal blinds, hero calls, good folds, patience, discipline, control the tempo and table.

A

Alexio

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Online poker in my opinion is a statistic mixed with art. In order to win, it is important to know your opponents and apply clear strategies, the choice of actions is an art. Unpredictability of actions will also put your opponent in an awkward position, and by showing such creativity you can become less readable to him.

oarroyo

oarroyo

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
PY
Chips
It is a mixture of both, but online poker is more statistical and mathematical calculation !!

kidkarioka

kidkarioka

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is a mixture of both, but online poker is more statistical and mathematical calculation !!

I agree with you. So, many people play at several tables at the same time, regardless of how their opponents play.;););)

Goku55

Goku55

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I would say both

Although poker over the years has basically been broken down into a mathematical algorithm what makes the game great and in a sence an art is the players. There’s nothing like the poker community people are great sports you make good friends and there’s never any discrimination people only see green when they get on that felt.