caracaski220

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
caracaski220

I find that much more than statistics, is your instinct and ability to read other players and FEEL the right right play. I guess that that would be more like an art.

CheezeWiz

CheezeWiz

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think there is a plenty of room for both in the game. Actually it is almost a requirement to incorporate both into your game for the best results.

Thought of another way, I can almost envision a poker game as one of those Paint-By-The-Numbers kits. If you are patient, attentive and follow the numbers, your result will probably be pretty solid (not a Picasso, but not bad). If you stray from following the recommended numbers your result with have a higher degree of variance. Whether the outcome is better or worse depends on how good an artist you were.

For example, if I had to compare my performance in tonight's freeroll to a painting, I would say it resembled a finger painting done by a kindergartner. And not one that was done by a talented kindergartner, either, more like the one done by the kid in the back row who can usually be seen eating his paste!

Best of Luck At the Tables All,

CheezeWiz

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think that poker is all about statistics, specially when you play online poker.

perrypip

perrypip

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Playing with a HUD is all statistics. But playing live or playing without a HUD you have to take notes instead. Then it becomes more like an art. And reading live tells is definitely an art.

black and

black and

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Poker is not an art or a statistic.
Poker is a card game of skilled and experienced players. Poker statistics are also important, but they are only important for skilled players.

Swat1197

Swat1197

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When players know each other and have some base mental overthinking and winning your opp more important and can be more than 50%

EmiTou

EmiTou

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it is not one or the other but both and more too ...

Juan Oro

Juan Oro

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Tell me what you think of this. :cool::cool:[/QUOTE. Art and statistics both, we must collect numbers and probabilities to make a play with calculated risk, the size of our piles of chips and that of the opponents we must analyze which is the appropriate bet on each street to know how to extract value at one hand now poker becomes art when we read our opponents and we know how a hand is going to end before the cards are revealed, because we already know what cards or what the opponents have and we guess their cards by the way they play it or For the board, they also call poker art to players who play without seeing their cards and only focus on the hand of their opponents and guess the cards.

K

korbal29

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
little bit of both,sure you need the math to figure out if you call or fold but maths will not help you to make a great laydown when you feel he has a monster

Z

zerosalex

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Is everything, art, statistics, luck, patience. It's about reading what your opponents have using your chips and betting.

barba332

barba332

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

poker has a bit of both,statistics for study and art when we win;).

D

dianasamu245

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The truth is, I think I have both, although the main thing is discipline

M

Mahdi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Used to be art
now more science, not stats

VVi10

VVi10

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
In my opinion, it's technical together with luck, those two are the key to getting good results in poker

FoxMS

FoxMS

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I believe that poker is a combination of strategy and tactics, with the experience and skill of the player. I do not think poker is an art or a statistic.

Matt_Burns88

Matt_Burns88

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Tell me what do think about this.:cool::cool:

Without a doubt a mixture of the two. Online and live. I don't buy that live is all art and online is all stats. Poker is still a game of odds, position and an individuals play. If you have no art or craft, playing the statistics will not make you an online crusher and equally, trying to play of live "tells" will not make you a champion. You have to have both skills to play whatever version you play.

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CR
Chips
Well I think that in poker you need both ... statistics are very important mainly when playing online ... and it also takes skill and art to have a good reading of your opponents ... and this is taken advantage of best in live tournaments ...!

R

redmast

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Novice players think that this is an art and pros start using statistics more.

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Poker is an art in which it is better to play with statistics !!!