J

JTaichou

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
do you guys using or used ChatGPT on poker? how it was? it worked for you?

JeLeuMic

JeLeuMic

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What do you mean by using ChatGPT? How can you use it?
You can ask him questions....but that's about it.

GrEbZ2021

GrEbZ2021

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I think that this will not make any sense, it is difficult to combine artificial intelligence and online or offline poker, or only I do not understand how to do it

B

bananovsky1999

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I think that the time you would take to formulate the right question about the hands (so chatGPT can give you the right answer) makes it not really attractive

For general questions, i think it is Just better to ask people over here in CC

MK_

MK_

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
US
Chips
I have not even considered that but I guess you never know...

surfer696

surfer696

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
EC
Chips
The integration of artificial intelligence (AI) into poker gameplay has had a significant impact on the game, offering new possibilities for players and raising important ethical questions. While some worry that the use of AI-powered software could give certain players an unfair advantage, others see it as a valuable asset to the poker industry, making the game more accessible to new players and improving overall gameplay.

What do you think about the impact of AI on the game of poker

M

MakTrue

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good afternoon!
I'm all for "pure" poker without the use of any additional software that can affect the gameplay.
It's one thing to learn outside of the game, it's another to use the software while playing.
Of course, it is difficult to compete with those who use it, as this gives certain advantages to the players. Therefore, I prefer to play where any software that affects the gameplay is prohibited.

balo

balo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
NO
Chips
If you use an AI bot it's illegal and your account could get closed so it's a big gamble to use them.
Simple mathematics works for me , but I play mainly tournaments.

ninpo

ninpo

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
it is like football the more technologie is the bad is for the game

surfer696

surfer696

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
EC
Chips
cualquieraI think the same, the advancement of technology in poker is not good, many advantages over others is not good, and it will be very difficult for poker rooms to control that

rhoudini

rhoudini

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Hey surfer696, how are you doing?
Well, I work with I.T. and I am a bit familiar with A.I., so let me try to add some key concepts to have in mind.

First, the tradicional approach of computer analysis for any game was brute force: computers are far more powerful than humans in brute force calculation. However, this can be quite expensive, both in terms of resources and time. The human mind, in other hand, is quite powerful in directing attention to most important subjects. Humans evaluate new aspects by previous experience, something that a computer does not do using brute force. While this was a great advance, at some point the results will be limited.

The premise of an AI is try to achieve the best of both worlds, trying to make a machine "learn" new concepts by somehow training it to use previous results, trying to simulate human mind and intelligence. This can increase our comprehension in so many subjects, because now we don't need to many hours of processing to evaluate complex things. But this "AI revolution" is quite similar to the computer revolution many years ago.

Why am I pointing all that stuff? In the same way that computers changed our comprehension of poker, AIs will probably have a huge impact in game theory. But, the same way computers did not kill the game, AIs will not kill the game too: we have to learn how to use it to benefit us in terms of learning and training and better understanding the game. Maybe 90% of the game will still be the same; concepts like position, psychology and many others will always be fundamental.

Of course, this will also raise security and ethics issues, but it is part of the process. I encourage everyone to embrace and use these tools to improve.

cracker

cracker

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Unlike some poker players at least Chat GPT acknowledged it's mistake.

Huntre

Huntre

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
Hard to wait some genius strategy from the chat bot ;).

EmptyHouse

EmptyHouse

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
I don't really know how much that would help. ChatGPT often replies with some nonsense.

idhemmy

idhemmy

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
I haven't had a positive experience using ChatGPT for poker. I found that the responses were often too general or not relevant to my specific questions. I prefer to rely on other resources for poker-related information and strategies , maybe gpt 4 will be more specific and accurate :unsure:

Last edited:
Igor G

Igor G

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
The integration of artificial intelligence (AI) into poker gameplay has had a significant impact on the game, offering new possibilities for players and raising important ethical questions. While some worry that the use of AI-powered software could give certain players an unfair advantage, others see it as a valuable asset to the poker industry, making the game more accessible to new players and improving overall gameplay.

What do you think about the impact of AI on the game of poker
For me, the impact of artificial intelligence on my bankroll is more important :)
So far, it is growing, so overall I am positive about the situation and continue to work towards my goals.

Skot_Gy

Skot_Gy

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
I am not thrilled about it but nomatter our oppinion, it is coming and it's more and more integrated in poker so we must get used to it

Skot_Gy

Skot_Gy

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
it's the first time ive heard about this, but from the examples above, it is rubbish

Joe

Joe

99.98% Kiln dried
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
do you guys using or used ChatGPT on poker? how it was? it worked for you?
Have seen a few people making threads about, and replies with, ChatGPT excerpts - often Andyreas… :giggle: