nerobs9

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
Hi, friend!
I often see such messages on the forum, and have already written my opinion under the posts many times)
You should not think that poker can give you a salary, as it happens in a regular job.
For example, I consider poker only as a hobby, nothing more)

Stanley Aguiar

Stanley Aguiar

Enthusiast
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Certainly! But when you see this as work, strive as such. It requires a lot of dedication, commitment and study. And when making money with poker, don't look at it as “lucky” or something “easy”, but rather as a reward for the work.

jonaselloco

jonaselloco

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
you can hope that it will materialize the way you think.
First you must know very well how much money you want to pocket per month, and month by month keep statistics of your earnings.
I think you must be infallible in discipline. If you think about winning a big MTT and then end up losing everything at a cash game, I'd say just don't try it.
I remember that many of the players you see live or online who have won a lot of money in MTT have already made many investments in companies or assets, and it could be said that they hardly need to have large poker winnings to pay for tournament tickets anymore, since their standard of living depends on the investments they made and poker becomes a kind of hobby. Although logically they never relax and want to continue being successful in the game.
The beginning is very difficult, especially if you intend to start with small deposits or making a bankroll with freerolls. Here again the discipline plays. Normally if you make a $100 bankroll this will lead you to start playing $1 MTTs and so on as you build up your bankroll.
As my peers say, remember it's a game. As much as you are an excellent player, a badbeat or several in a row you can have them in any circumstance, and that usually demoralizes you.
It is not as easy and simple as we think, rather many times it is very cruel.
Most of the players except very few, all the money they had won in major MTTs they lost in cash tables. Exception for example Doyle Brundson and some other.
I am an independent worker. I'm honest, when I don't have a job I play poker not only as a hobby but to see if I can increase my bankroll, which I am doing slowly.
If you plan to do it, do not play too many MTTs in the day, keep in mind that if you enter an MTT for example of US $ 1 with rebuy or late registration, if you enter cash positions, that is, ITM, the MTT lasts 2 hours and a half , and if you get to the final table it's a minimum of 4 hours.
It's more of a good Cardschat freeroll our site lasts no less than 3 hours. MTTs are strenuous tournaments but they can bring you good profits, moreover, several of the colleagues here formed good Bankroll thanks to Cardschat.
You don't only need to play on PS, you can also play on 888, GG, Uniber, partypoker are good sites. Also for my PS is the best.
SNGs are also a good alternative, short tournaments with good payouts and not as strenuous.
Well mate, that's my point of view. I hope it helps you.
Greetings Carlos:):):):giggle::giggle::giggle:

F

FrizzaoR

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
For me, not yet. Maybe one day. But it can be a job 4 those who plays well and have the support for it.

ToNy70929

ToNy70929

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UZ
Chips
You can, of course, if you don't work anywhere else, then this will allow you to fully dedicate your working time to poker. When playing at pokerstars, go to the cash games, there are always almost always the same people who are waiting for newbies to try to rob him:LOL::ROFLMAO:

Uncle Tears

Uncle Tears

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Think of it as fishing. It's more about where you fish than how you fish. Online there's just too many places to snag good lures.

ipagan

ipagan

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Don't recomend to start building bankroll on PS or GG, due to average field size) If you have serious intetions, will be learning a lot of knowledges bout game and have a lot of time to play to - then your choice to start are room with low average field size, such as PartyPoker, 888 for example) PS and GG almost always have 1000+ people in tourneys, especially on low limits, so it will be very hard to handle it)
I don't think that it is a real difference on microlimits from room to room. The level is pretty identical and the number of people playing might be considered as an advantage (more players = more not very good players?)

C

Comboss599

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I wouldn't called that a job. The job is when you have to awake at 7 o'clock everyday and work 8 or 10 hours. This is a job. You can play poker whenever you want so this is a game for the players.

PauPau

PauPau

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
PH
Chips
Anything is possible as long as you work hard for it and with some luck it will happen.

navicula

navicula

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes, it's possible, especially if you become a streamer, like gamers. If you have many followers, you may get sponsors, like influencers.

pavel1111111

pavel1111111

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
a dream for me:), maybe I will wake up someday and it will be true:))

D0nk3y Hunt3r

D0nk3y Hunt3r

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
My take on this.
Poker, when one starts, like most things in the beginning, requires much more creativity, then after some time of doing this, when one memorizes more and more patterns. Same case for patience and discipline. And andrenaline rush. It's still there, but goes into unconscious layer, automatic mode. This is my take on this after 2 years :sneaky:. What will be in next two, ten, fifty?

As a job? Sure, typical 9-5 grinding with less or more predictable results. Salary structure similar to sales job, sometimes you get big bonus when scoring on something.

The question is what are you planning to do after hours?

D

danydidi

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's too hard as a beginner ,maybe if your pro you can ,but it's not stable .if you have a family it's too risky

SL-247

SL-247

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Yes, but it's just like becoming a professional actor or athlete. The odds are stacked against you, and the perception of being a pro is more glamorous than a real lifestyle!

I think staying an amateur is more fun and potentially more rewarding (why not work at FT for a GTD salary and playing poker for extra money).

I read a great book called “The Flow” by Mihai Csikszentmihalyi, which states that staying an amateur is ideal in ALL AREAS! Amateurs are the ones with the most vitality, and they are the ones who make great discoveries. In poker, amateurs have more fun than pros, and I do it for fun (the paradox is that money will come with this mindset!)

:)
Hallo.
And what is FT and GTD salary?

IRINA70

IRINA70

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
For me, poker is not only a pleasure, but also a job for several hours a day, because I put my time, my knowledge and effort into this exciting activity and expect some return in the form of monetary rewards. It is not stable, but when it turns out to win - it's doubly fun. :cool:

jordanbillie

jordanbillie

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hallo.
And what is FT and GTD salary?
I was just abbreviating Full Time and Guaranteed Salary.

I was trying to advise being an amateur poker player while keeping a full time job with your hourly pay/salary guaranteed (versus being a professional poker player, where your "pay" is not guaranteed).

K

KING1805

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
HU
Chips
I thinks it is possible but it can take years to get to this level of playing poker.

SL-247

SL-247

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I just cut “Full Time” and “Guaranteed Salary”.

I tried to advise you to be an amateur poker player while maintaining a full-time job with a guaranteed hourly wage/salary (unlike a professional poker player, where yours “salary” is not guaranteed).
That's right. That's my opinion too. I just couldn't decipher the abbreviation.:)

M

M13A13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When someone starts in poker, this is the idea to make the game a job, but the possibilities are not good, because there are still many doubts in online poker. The doubts are, is the other still a human or a robot, or the bank itself, as in video games, you play against the game itself, hence the mistrust increases when you end up losing winning hands by losing hands, and that playing right.
Now in the live game, yes it is possible, because you will play against humans live.

S

successlaw

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think if you play low variance games is ok to be a job
If you play tournaments and spins you can make some big money once in half year lets say

Sicamous

Sicamous

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
CA
Chips
I think it is possible but it will be tough! As everyone here is saying. You gotta really love the game and yourself to get through it. That's also my opinion.

It's a goal for me too but I need more time so waiting for life to allow it. Also, would mostly be on party poker rather than PS.

A

Avangart1

Enthusiast
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
poker as a job is a bad idea because no matter how professional a player is, he won't always win

Rubycon

Rubycon

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
DK
Chips
Everything changes If you aspire to be a pro. Leisure is now a job. A Lonely job. Is it possible? Sure. But you need to be solid funded, otherwise you might go broke. We’re talking a substantial bankroll.
And, off corse, would you really quit your job to go pro?