mushthebush

mushthebush

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Definitely not a hobby and passion is a rather broad term. As a general rule, everything that I do, I do it passionately and as close to a professional standard as possible or at least I target perfection. However, poker in my case, is work, hard work and looking forward to turning it into a full time job. And it's the first kind of work that I enjoy doing. I'm nowhere near a professional in this field, but I strive to become one.

F

FlushKings311

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker

I would say a passionate entertaining challenge., Because it is never the same results, you may be an early out in a tourney, or play into the money much later in a tourney. You really don't know how the cards will fall, which is intriguing and the reason I play.

B

Beetech

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
It's an interesting distinction. I suppose the difference is in the degree to which your interest overrides other competing priorities. I love and respect the skill of the game, but I can't say it inspires passion, or at least passion should be reserved for more virtuous ambitions.

maestro121920

maestro121920

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I will say it's a passion I want to improve my game and to be profitable long term

milka1605

milka1605

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
At first it was a hobby, but then it turned into an additional income.

lukovnikofff

lukovnikofff

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello everyone, I recently created a topic about what a hobby or a way to make money, many answered that it was a hobby and now I want to ask, HOBBY OR PASSION?;):)
For me, poker is a hobby, because it is not the main income and I am very far from the level where I will make a living playing poker! I like to play poker very much, but I can't call it a passion! Good luck at the tables!

partz

partz

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play from time to time, not that much like before but still I find poker an exciting game.

F

Foxie12340

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would love for it to help me make money but it’s just for fun for me since I’m not good at it lol

testing826

testing826

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
poker is most time s my hobby as im getting older

Edgerik

Edgerik

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
For me poker is a passion, because every day and with each new hand played, new strategies are learned.

hilary antonik filho

hilary antonik filho

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
It's a hobby loaded with love, dedication, companionship and concentration, it's very difficult to translate what I feel about poker lately, I play 4 to 6 hours a day, it's not an addiction

gustavofuentes2

gustavofuentes2

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I see it as a hobby but making a little cash is always nice.

MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is more a low on the list hobby. Passion is gone and there many more things I'd rather do than poker.

pavel1111111

pavel1111111

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
a little more of both :), I like play a lot of poker, especially in CardsChat games :)

R

rachelle2291

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Definitely a hobby. I still wish online backgammon hadn't went the way of the dodo bird. Much better game than poker but so much more stressful.

venycyos

venycyos

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For me it's passion, well spiced.

hsimonyan

hsimonyan

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Poker is more of a hobby for me, playing poker you get pleasure, and if you're lucky you can even raise some money;)

rdwr33

rdwr33

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
for me it is a hobby with emotion and pleasure.

DiegoRamos

DiegoRamos

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Hello everyone, I recently created a topic about what a hobby or a way to make money, many answered that it was a hobby and now I want to ask, HOBBY OR PASSION?;):)

Poker is one of my income these days.

In search of retirement!

T

theStarfish

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
For me it is both! It is a hobby I am so passionate about. It is not a profession but I like to play and to learn about poker.

K

Kicsike10

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
i believe a hobby fills in your time so you don't have to feel or think when doing it and a passion is what you can't wait to do and stirs your senses.
It is totally possible to have a passion be a hobby as well, at the same time, and vice versa

roberto51

roberto51

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A hobby that has become a passion.

ebazynski

ebazynski

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Mostly a hobby, but visiting CC every day implies a degree of passion I guess.