Is poker a hobby or passion for you?

blef121

blef121

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello everyone, I recently created a topic about what a hobby or a way to make money, many answered that it was a hobby and now I want to ask, HOBBY OR PASSION?;):)

Last edited by a moderator:
J

jumboscampi

Enthusiast
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Good question

i believe a hobby fills in your time so you don't have to feel or think when doing it and a passion is what you can't wait to do and stirs your senses.
It is totally possible to have a passion be a hobby as well, at the same time, and vice versa

POKER is one of my passions! (that goes for all of us huh?)

Leslie

Maxmustdie

Maxmustdie

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i really want to make money with poker, but so far it doesn’t work out, i need to work on the game

Luan

Luan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
and love for Poker what I feel I play because I really like it, it's obvious that the money in the game is also good but the game is very good exciting I'm at a poker table and being able to talk, interact and everything else, I love poker !

G

GoodMoon90

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Poker is a hobby for me, but from time to time it really annoys me, after the next series of bad beats

Akuana

Akuana

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Since I'm new, poker is just a hobby for me. I'm not a gambler, so I don't think it will become a passion. And I don't think I'll ever get to the point where I can make a living playing poker. Therefore, poker is a great pastime for me after a working day. :)

However, I am learning and growing. I try to control my games, keep statistics - that's why it's not just entertainment. It's a hobby.

Skot_Gy

Skot_Gy

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
It is entertainment for now, but as i advance, it becomes more of a hobby. Who knows, might develop into passion later? :)

Alex70793

Alex70793

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For me poker is neither a hobby nor a passion, for me poker is an opportunity to get money.
Probably there are people for whom poker is both a hobby and a passion, and the money received from playing poker is just a side effect.
And if you think about it, then probably if you want to succeed in any of your business, you need a passion for this business, make mistakes a thousand times and still continue to do it until it turns out.

Success is not final, failures are not fatal, only the courage to continue matters. @ Winston Churchill.
Probably this is the passion, to continue no matter what.

R

Redman1902

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
For me it is a passionate hobby, where I have huge motivation to perform.

JordanH

JordanH

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's a game I like to play so I'd call it a "hobby". I don't spend a lot of time at it and certainly don't obsess over it so not a "passion".

sincos

sincos

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would like poker to become money making for me..

ChubbySin

ChubbySin

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is a hobby to me, I like to pass the time with it.

Lipki3

Lipki3

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Today poker is nothing more than a hobby for me. But I do not rule out that in the future I will study the game more seriously.

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
For me, poker is a hobby, but this hobby always brings me joy and pleasure. :)

DiegoRamos

DiegoRamos

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Hello everyone, I recently created a topic about what a hobby or a way to make money, many answered that it was a hobby and now I want to ask, HOBBY OR PASSION?;):)

Poker became my main income for some time, so the passion barrier has passed.

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would say hobby because I can think of a couple of other things that I like to do more than play poker.

S

skeptix

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
gambling is fun, but I prefer winning to losing. When I play poker I tend to win. When I bet other things I tend to lose...

Whoops

F

FlushKings311

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker

Both. I am very serious and committed to the game. I take bad beats personal, and I am taking names and righting them down.

Syltan

Syltan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For me, poker is a tool to achieve a goal.

StomatologT

StomatologT

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I believe that poker should be your passion so that you can win, just like any other business, to be the best at it. So I can easily say that for me poker is a passion. I wish you to realize this and of course good hands :D

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
For me, poker is a hobby and a passion. I play for fun, I have good results, so my hobby is my passion.