Is poker a hobby or passion for you?

blef121

blef121

Rock Star
Hello everyone, I recently created a topic about what a hobby or a way to make money, many answered that it was a hobby and now I want to ask, HOBBY OR PASSION?;):)

Last edited by a moderator:
J

jumboscampi

Enthusiast
Awards
Good question

i believe a hobby fills in your time so you don't have to feel or think when doing it and a passion is what you can't wait to do and stirs your senses.
It is totally possible to have a passion be a hobby as well, at the same time, and vice versa

POKER is one of my passions! (that goes for all of us huh?)

Leslie

Maxmustdie

Maxmustdie

Legend
i really want to make money with poker, but so far it doesn’t work out, i need to work on the game

Luan

Luan

Visionary
Awards
and love for Poker what I feel I play because I really like it, it's obvious that the money in the game is also good but the game is very good exciting I'm at a poker table and being able to talk, interact and everything else, I love poker !

G

GoodMoon90

Enthusiast
Poker is a hobby for me, but from time to time it really annoys me, after the next series of bad beats

Akuana

Akuana

Rock Star
Since I'm new, poker is just a hobby for me. I'm not a gambler, so I don't think it will become a passion. And I don't think I'll ever get to the point where I can make a living playing poker. Therefore, poker is a great pastime for me after a working day. :)

However, I am learning and growing. I try to control my games, keep statistics - that's why it's not just entertainment. It's a hobby.

Skot_Gy

Skot_Gy

Rock Star
Awards
It is entertainment for now, but as i advance, it becomes more of a hobby. Who knows, might develop into passion later? :)

Alex70793

Alex70793

Visionary
Awards
For me poker is neither a hobby nor a passion, for me poker is an opportunity to get money.
Probably there are people for whom poker is both a hobby and a passion, and the money received from playing poker is just a side effect.
And if you think about it, then probably if you want to succeed in any of your business, you need a passion for this business, make mistakes a thousand times and still continue to do it until it turns out.

Success is not final, failures are not fatal, only the courage to continue matters. @ Winston Churchill.
Probably this is the passion, to continue no matter what.

JordanH

JordanH

Visionary
It's a game I like to play so I'd call it a "hobby". I don't spend a lot of time at it and certainly don't obsess over it so not a "passion".

Lipki3

Lipki3

Rock Star
Awards
BY
Today poker is nothing more than a hobby for me. But I do not rule out that in the future I will study the game more seriously.

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Awards
For me, poker is a hobby, but this hobby always brings me joy and pleasure. :)

D

DiegoRamos

Legend
Awards
Hello everyone, I recently created a topic about what a hobby or a way to make money, many answered that it was a hobby and now I want to ask, HOBBY OR PASSION?;):)

Poker became my main income for some time, so the passion barrier has passed.

C

Cooking

Legend
Awards
I would say hobby because I can think of a couple of other things that I like to do more than play poker.

S

skeptix

Rock Star
gambling is fun, but I prefer winning to losing. When I play poker I tend to win. When I bet other things I tend to lose...

Whoops

F

FlushKings311

Rock Star
Poker

Both. I am very serious and committed to the game. I take bad beats personal, and I am taking names and righting them down.

StomatologT

StomatologT

Enthusiast
I believe that poker should be your passion so that you can win, just like any other business, to be the best at it. So I can easily say that for me poker is a passion. I wish you to realize this and of course good hands :D

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Awards
For me, poker is a hobby and a passion. I play for fun, I have good results, so my hobby is my passion.