Poker a Hobby, Job or a Lifestyle?

1sunchin

1sunchin

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
How were their beginnings in poker, since they started playing it what was their first impression how they saw it based on these 3 options hobie, hobby, work or as a lifestyle.

How long did they take to understand the game and how long did they start taking advantage of this passionate game?

On my mind poker for anyone is that, what every player want to recrive from it - for pro it is work, for other players it may be hobby or rest or something else.

voljare1234

voljare1234

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sure, you can make a living from poker too, but I don't want to just play on a hobby level. And this year I'm perfectly satisfied

spectralwave

spectralwave

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For me it's a job and a lifestyle.:deal:

Artur22277

Artur22277

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me, poker is a hobby and sometimes I manage to win money, but the longer I play, I understand that I can make money playing

Aldorabe

Aldorabe

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
for me it is not a hobby or a job it is a passion I like poker because if it were for work I would look for something that does not have variance or chance and if it was a hobby I would watch football hahaha

L

louis627

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For myself it's a hobby. I'm not a pro and can't see myself spending that much time for it to be a lifestyle.

PatValShark

PatValShark

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My oldest friend, age wise, gave me a piece of advice once, he said find out if you are a smoker and be it, otherwise you are just torturing yourself.

Poker is not that simple. Its a passionate hobby that if a "successful" Job would be the perfect Lifestyle

P

Panda19977

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For me it’s just a hobby, other things are more important for me

L

lesson

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
for me poker is a hobby, a strong hobby that constantly attracts, even when sometimes the result is not very happy

M

maroca06

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me I consider it a hobby, but it gives a lot of people income.

Flower2211

Flower2211

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Waiting for me is, first of all, a hobby that helps to relax in the evening after a hard day at work, I sit down to play online at 8 pm and can play for several hours to unload my brain and thoughts.