Is poker a game of aggression or strategy

E

Elfina777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker is a game of reason and intuition, it is also desirable to have strong nerves and cold blood during the game, and aggression is sometimes needed if you want to take a big stack, but you need to do it wisely.

Andymac37

Andymac37

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker is a game of multiple things - intuition , skill , luck , timing . I'm a tournament player and to win a MTT all those things must be firing . I say timing because coz the timing has got to be jusy right for some 1 2 have the second best hand wen u have the best 1 to get paid

Rockyfour

Rockyfour

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Being the aggressor is very important in all strategy games, from Chess, to Starcraft, too Poker.

GARCIA PABLO DANIEL

GARCIA PABLO DANIEL

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
hello

It is a game of strategy and skill and obviously the luck factor takes its credit too.

H

hcuervo

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
For me, poker with a lot of strategy and a lot of aggression, and giving a lot to study is always good reading and learning:D

N

Nismo

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think this game is more strategy than aggression, your strategy should have something in it to control aggression. I find blind aggression sometimes works but in the long run it costs more than it makes you if you're not selective about when to apply pressure.

wolfik1950

wolfik1950

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I know from experience that aggressive play brings benefits when playing live poker, while online poker is different

kkuk

kkuk

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
hello.poker is a game in which an aggressive strategist has the advantage.)

L

luketta7

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
strategy

in fact, poker needs strategy and aggression, as one complements the other. for example: you have aa, and the flop comes: k 2 7. and if the opponent has ka. he will think he has the best hand. so you need strategy and aggression in this case, aggression to bet before the flop and strategy to make the most of your opponent's chips

Mohamed48

Mohamed48

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
The strategy, of course, varies from player to player

German629

German629

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello, Everybody! By my opinion, in Poker necessary counts the all factors...by possibility, including aggression and strategy also!

T

TheDealer

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
for me it's a game you have to adapt to, it's not always the same so some times you have to be more aggressive and some times you don't😁

Mati532

Mati532

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
I think it is a mixture of these two elements. Poker seems to reward those who are aggressive. I think you need to have a good strategy when you start playing poker. I'm still trying to find the right strategy for me.;)

Academico

Academico

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
It is a strategy game and within the various strategies that one can choose, we will find being aggressive as one of them.

wolfik1950

wolfik1950

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Aggressive play can be a strategy, so one does not preclude the other

Bnobob

Bnobob

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
in the beginning where everyone is wanting to win is a good time to attack and during the bubble your aggressions will be more played in calmer ways

kitchy65

kitchy65

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
It's a game of Bingo for the most part..

Colbefc

Colbefc

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It certainly is not a game of bingo, if you really think it is then maybe you should stop playing poker and play bingo :)
Poker is a mixture of strategy and aggression, one without the other is pointless, the art of playing good poker is knowing
which one to play with in the hand you are playing.

Sschafell

Sschafell

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I believe it's a mixture of the two, along with a few more factors, poker is much more complex than we think.

jonaselloco

jonaselloco

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
For me it is a more strategic game.
I think there are aggressive players, but in general they fall if your strategy in the choice of the play and the luck that good combinations of cards fall on you. Regards:):):);););)

R

Rmi

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Aggression is fundamental, but as long as you know how to do it, when and how much of how to do it. If you overdo it or fall short it's wrong. In one you lose most tournaments and in the other you fall very short of winning many tournaments.

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Is poker a game of aggression or strategy?
Hi :)
Poker is a tactically strategic game. Poker is strategy. Aggression can be an element of your strategy, but aggression cannot be the essence of your game. Aggressive play can be quite effective if you have thorough experience and the appropriate skills.
Good luck.

Top 10 Games