Is poker a game of aggression or strategy

D

dgroes

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Mix. The faster the modus ofcourse the more u are forced to aggresively play to earn chips

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
It is a strategy game and aggression is a tool, a weapon! Or it is a kind of strategy for those who are always aggressive!

N

nellorossi83

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You need Strategy to win, sometimes the strategy is be an agressive player!!

COMIRRR

COMIRRR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
Poker is a complex game that depends on many factors, only you as a player must discover the style that suits you best and in which you have the best results. In vain you have a strategy that does not give results, in vain you are aggressive if you do not do it when you have to do it ...

eniseysmail

eniseysmail

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think there are many factors at play here. First, the type of game is tournament or cash games. Also, a lot depends on the current situation in the game, who is at the table, what is at the table, how many players are at the table. And, if you constantly play aggressively, or if you constantly play according to any one strategy, sooner or later it will burst.

perrypip

perrypip

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's a game of strategic aggression.

Zvezda kz

Zvezda kz

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Poker is so multifaceted that you need to be able to combine both aggression and strategy and many more factors.

FoxMS

FoxMS

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think poker is a combination of different options. I personally don't like aggressive play, but still, depending on the format of the tournament, aggressive play can also bring good results. I think everything is based only on the experience and skill of the player.

B

Belgiumburnley

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Both ! It depends on how your opponents play.

A

alabos

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
strategy but sometime we have to be aggressive for saving his hand

57noona

57noona

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I think it is a mixture of both these elements. Poker seems to reward those that are aggressive. I think you need to have a good strategy in place when you start to play poker. I'm still trying to find the right strategy for me.

D

ddsnoops

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Its all about strategy, with a sprinkle of aggression

AizenFalck

AizenFalck

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Welcome to CC :D I think Poker it is a game of innumerable emotions, many cannot be described sometimes, it tends to be aggressive at times, but at the same time it can also be fun, strategic, passionate, sad, you want to pull your hair out lol. Anyway, at the end of all this is enjoyed.

marvinsytan

marvinsytan

I'm going to win The PokerStars Sunday Million
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
PH
Chips
both are needed

7thseal

7thseal

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think using aggression strategically can boost your winnings exponentially. Winning the pots you don't deserve to win by using aggression can boost your bottom line. Learning to combine other strategy's like traps and playing draws with high odds make a complete game in the long run. Find your comfort zone and play the cards dealt. Just remember every hand can't be a winner, but every hand can win!

D

daniel888

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think Poker is a game of strategy. Aggressive play is just a part of the game, and players use aggressive play correctly will make more profit than passive players.

Juan Oro

Juan Oro

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Of both combinations, but if it is for tournaments, more strategies are needed, but when we play at cash tables we should expand our range of hands more and play with aggression, be aggressive so as not to let us see many free or cheap hands and try to extract more value to the hands we play.

Syltan

Syltan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you want to make money in poker, then aggression and strategy are two sides of the same coin.

akmost

akmost

Rising Star
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I have seen many players apply so much aggression without understanding the reasoning behind those plays. I have seen it doing it even with air but eventually all those types of players will donate their chips/money sooner or later to a better player.

Aggression is a situational weapon especially in a MTT , you should understand why/when and against who(stack or if the player is super tight) you should apply this pressure. So IMO all come down again to strategy.

wagon596

wagon596

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think it's both. Knowing when to be aggressive is a very big part of the game.

W

woodeng

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In the past, prior to pokers popularity it was a game of strategy. However, today with it's popularity, particularly online popularity, it has become a game of aggression with little strategy.

Z

zerosalex

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
strategy for sure but you also have to know how to be aggressive and use it when appropriate. strategy always in use. Aggressive sometimes.

Top 10 Games