Pocket Aces options

Sulfuros001

Sulfuros001

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey Guys, what's your most of the time strategy when you have pocket Aces pre-flop.
Do you go all in? Do you 3-Bet?, Raise? Or just make a normal call?

Most of the times i just call 😅

WickedFRoST

WickedFRoST

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In a cash game, I play AA agressively 95% of the time. If I'm the first one to enter the pot, I raise, if there was a raise before me, then I 3-bet, and if there were multiple actions I will most probably shove with aces, especially when there is more than 15bb already in the pot. taking down dead money with a chance to stack a loose opponent that decides to call me off, is always good.

Slow playing with AA is just a waste of value in my opinion, I can only slow play them from early position, and only when the dynamics at the table is quite aggro at the moment.

In tournament however, slowplaying AA is more common, especially in SB to BB spots or when I want to provide a good opportunity for my opponent to squeeze, I will call a raise from LP sometimes to induce an aggressive player in the BB to try and resteal the pot.

But in general, since AA is the strongest hand in NL Holdem preflop, it is natural that you want to invest more money with this hand at this stage. Because on different boards, the equity of AA can change drastically.

Entrik

Entrik

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Honestly, I play pocket aces or immediately push before the flop or play like a fish :) Well, or like a shark :) Well, sometimes they let me down on the flop (

Jay R

Jay R

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think preflop go All-in with AA.
If you play cute some dummy who would have folded can suck out.
Eventually your opponents if they have anything are going to put you all in.
Sometimes everybody may fold & you want to draw action. But most of time somebody will go all in with you. I think it’s better not to show them cards.

B

BIGAUS

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
Always dependent on position and the types of players I'm playing with. But usually I find myself doing a medium raise or 3-bet in hopes of getting 4-bet and then getting all my money in preflop. The sickest feeling is not playing AA aggressive enough preflop and then the flop comes and it's something where people could easily outdraw you like a pair on the board or two Broadway cards where two-pair and straight possibilities are present.

S

Scroooob

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey Guys, what's your most of the time strategy when you have pocket Aces pre-flop.

I can't answer this. Don't wanna give away my play, and there are many different situations. Poker does not have a basic strategy like blackjack or video poker.

dzsire

dzsire

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
HU
Chips
In a freeroll all solutions are bad. Yesterday I took part in a 4-person all in hand preflop and of course the donkey with 8 6 won with a runner-runner on river. But I guess he could win just because he had over 30k chips while we had under 10k.

Sirkiba

Sirkiba

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I always raise aggresively preflop or yolo if there's already been a raise and if there's all-ins I always call. Postflop really varies. I'd probably fold them if it's a bad flop for me and it looks like someone's made a straight or flush.

K

kobra80

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
in a tournament I would have played allin preflop. In a cash game I would have raised the pots

skalibur

skalibur

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
depends on the time

It depends on the amount of chips I have if I have 2x more chips than the other players I go allin if I have half the chips of all players I go allin but if it's the beginning of the game with everyone in the same amount of chips I just raise .

Phoenix Wright

Phoenix Wright

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It varies on so many factors, but generally I'm raising and re-raising with AA preflop. There are rare cases to simply call and trap an opponent, but this shouldn't be the default move. With literally the best hand possible pre-flop, we want to build the pot when we are ahead.

AQA272

AQA272

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No matter how I played the Aces, it never works out for me.
So the tell on my face is if I get the aces I will not have a happy face. I can count all the times I lost with Aces.

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
It all depends on the situation. I usually play aggressively and I think this is the best option with such a hand. Call, in my opinion, is wrong and dangerous.

milka1605

milka1605

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Big mistake to call normally without raising or 3bet.

PatriceM915

PatriceM915

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I vary the actions between everything preflop and limp to hide the game but mostly I wait for the opponent's action to see what better action fits but everyone on the first action I think it depends on the amount of blinds if I'm below 20 bb oh yeah it's all preflop for sure

danoscar

danoscar

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello. 4bet to start. Depending on the style player and the flop, cbet flop, if all looks good payment comes on the turn with a push.

TheNutz4You

TheNutz4You

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I guess that's going to depend on the situation you are in when you get dealt pocket rockets, as well as the opponent/player type you are facing during the hand.

I don't think you should pigeon whole yourself into playing pocket aces only one way and that's it. Use the best hand in no limit holdem to your advantage, and try to extract the most value you can with them. Whether that means going all in, slow playing, 3betting, flatting a raise, or heck even limping first in or behind a previous limper, do what you think will make you the most chips/money in that exact situation. :)

R

RDHartsoe

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I three bet or if I am under the gun I go all in because I have had my aces cracked so many times I don't want to give anyone an equitable play to crack them.

fernandofcp

fernandofcp

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Before I used to raise, but as I always lost to the curious on the river, I currently go all-in against my opponents.

T

Tomek416

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Before I used to raise, but as I always lost to the curious on the river, I currently go all-in against my opponents.

I usually do the same for the same reason. Earlier I tried limping it and I almost always lost to some guy with a two pair (once the guy had 72 and another time 82).

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips

Hello.
Just a call is a bad idea. This is time-tested.
I usually play aggressively, depending on the position and my opponents at the table.

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
If I am 1st to act I raises them every single time.

If players are limping in front, I will raise them every time.

If someone has raised, I will 3 bet them every time.

Basically, If i have them I am raising them.

Zvezda kz

Zvezda kz

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In tournament poker, a lot depends on the opponents at the table. But in most cases, AA is played aggressively by raising, or 3betting if there has already been a raise. A slowplaying with AA can have a negative impact on the further play of the hand.

GARCIA PABLO DANIEL

GARCIA PABLO DANIEL

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
hello

I usually do try bet play sloy play is risky !! you give your opponents the possibility to give value to their hand !!

M

mara2259

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

If you play the same premium hands every time, you will be quickly figured out. Nobody will call your raises and will raise if you try to call with marginal hands. The game should be varied. But if you decide to slow play, be prepared for surprises.