PLO or NLH?

C

changacat

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello sharks, which type of poker between PLO and NLH do you like the most and why?
Omaha is my favorite because its the game I crush the most and because the extra hole cards make the game more complex and i love it.

tihomir_kula

tihomir_kula

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
I played omaha every day an year ago,but up to date I don t have enough time to practice it.Vary bad!

odranorkan

odranorkan

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's a matter of taste, there are people who are better at PLO and another at NLH, but I prefer NLH because it's easier to learn and put an opponent in a hand, and I get the impression that bad beats occur more in PLO that NLH.

honorwar

honorwar

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I´m a Holdem Lover

I prefer to play NLH than PLO because I think NLH ismore easy to understand than PLO.

AlexDriver

AlexDriver

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play both (PLO very rarely). But I like holdem. Hold'em is less dispersive than Omaha, and hold'em easier to learn.

tauri103

tauri103

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I always prefer to play texas Hold'em.It is much easier than the homaha.in addition it is the variant of poker that meets the greatest success.

Danoncebay

Danoncebay

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The omaha has too much variance! I have always been badbet. That's why my preference for the NLH

FerSilva8100

FerSilva8100

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like holdem, but every now and then I also play Omaha and now at poker stars they have taken on the fusion which is a mixture of the two. But with a huge variance since most of the time two or more players are already all in on the turn.

fernandovr

fernandovr

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I always played NHL, I still have not had an interest in learning PLO but I intend to.

Joco413

Joco413

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Why not both?

I like playing both of these great games. Most players avoid trying out new things other than the NLH they are used to, so I think that's why PLO is less popular. In PLO it's easier to make decent hands so less people will try to make bluffs. NLH is more limited in that sense. Most of the time the flop will determine how strong your hand is. But of course it's not limited to pot.

All in all they are two very different games even though they are paid with the same set of cards and similar set of rules.