PLO is my new favorite game

NUGGEETTEE

NUGGEETTEE

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've started to play PLO on ingnition poker and I love it. The game is difficult as there are way too many outs and sometimes I may lose a whole buy in before I see a second hand but the cash is much more looser. Kind of hard to play NLH after playing PLO

NUGGEETTEE

NUGGEETTEE

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am also Russian, but I cant read or write. Skills get better with play.

A

AlbieTross

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I always have a PLO phase. My typical game is Hold'em but every now and then I'll get into a big PLO phase, also on ignition, where I play the PLO Hyper Turbo Sit & Gos. I also prefer PLO ring games to Hold'em.

frank174

frank174

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
love PLO best game ever so much action if you think theres bad beats in holdem wait to you see whats in store for ya in Omaha:bike:

honorwar

honorwar

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I got confused sometimes but this variation of poker is really cool.

12345djon

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I also like this game, I recently played it in CWOOP for $ 11, I thought that I could not do it, and I played badly, but I was able to go far in prizes and took 60th place.

Micro Maven

Micro Maven

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
another convert. welcome to the club :)

D

dlam

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I’m playing more PLO than HE. Standard play I’m seeing is a shove with AAxx preflop. Shove of the flop with wrap plus flush draw/blocker. Or shove with top set with flush draw/blocker
Turn is where either players fold with no outs or hang on to the river with nuts draws or made hands that hope to stay nut

Edu1

Edu1

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
True, PLO is more dynamic, is more easy to willing for bet, see what will happen, always have some kind of move to do, i like PLO but don't have much tournaments, has more cash game

H

Heresthecooler

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm happy to hear about a new Omaha player! Stick with it! Yes, it is looser. You have to remember the board will most likely pair, and a full house basically wins the money.

W

williamsc99

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
well I like them both. But no limit holdem has less variance than omaha so I play

P

Pokerblitz

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well, I personally think that NL Holdem can get boring at times, especially in cash games I tend to feel like a robot. PLO is more fun, dynamics and surprises and also, the chance tosometimes be on the good end of a bad beat hand is bigger ;)

Another big advantage that PLO has compared to NL Holdem is that in tournaments the standard structure has no antes, so you can even play it really tight, wait for a decent hand to play with without losing money folding marginal hands! :driver:

ANATOLII1981

ANATOLII1981

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
which poker is harder?

So tell us more about the main differences between these games, what you like and dislike in these disciplines:confused::confused::confused:

P

Pokerblitz

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So tell us more about the main differences between these games, what you like and dislike in these disciplines:confused::confused::confused:

Well, since you are holding 4 cards instead of 2, having the nuts is far more common, top pair top kicker is not a made hand. In general this means, everybody flops something, some hand or draw, which results in a lot more action. This also means, ranges are closer and so is your edge, having 60%/40% favor odds in Omaha is really great and shove-able in some cases, while you're not going broke with those odds when playing holdem. Also the 4 cards combinations are far greater than in holdem, which makes the game a lot more complicated. Difference between nutty hands and not is small, which enables you to make profit on players who make that mistake.

Top 10 Games