Pleasant Deck Of Cards

T

TishTash

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello to all the card trolls :smile:

Can anyone recommend a preferred deck of cards?
The highest quality the better with me.
My teammates best recommendation is COPAG cards.
If you have any other recommendation I would be happy to hear it.

I hope I am not breaking the rules of the forum, I just saw this category as the most legitimate one to ask that. If there is a problem, Please, One of the forum moderators, move the post to the relevant place.

Beyond that I would love to share with you my last week highlight.

We all know that It was a difficult last year, But now the situation here in Israel allows us to meet again, and of course to see flops.
Last week I came to a live tournament of 70 entries,
Entered in 3rd stage, First hand I picked up pair of Aces :p, And almost doubled the stack.
I finished the evening in 11th place. Did not entered the prizes.
I would love to expand bout the hand that dismissed me later here in the forum,
I will go in to read a bit and post an extended post about it :D

Please help me know the best Deck you know, And keep it poker! :jd4:

black and

black and

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I use the most ordinary, classic deck and never change anything. I believe that the classic deck is the best for perception.

V

vittopio

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think the classic deck will always be in demand and in priority! And while this is important , it is still more important to be able to play poker!

mtl mile end

mtl mile end

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I think any high quality plastic card is going to be a viable option. I've only ever been disappointed by plastic cards from Walmart. I found some of these same cards later at a Dollar Store, so I wasn't the only one who was disappointed.

Copag, Gemaco, and Modiano are probably the best known brands. But Bicycle sells a line of high end plastic cards that are great too. It all comes down to personal preference. Texture seems to be important, but texture can vary within the same brand. Every time I've seen plastic cards in a cardroom, they seem to be the same version of Copag, but I have a setup of Copags that feel nothing like those cards.

These are used in every Montreal cardroom I've ever played in:

74b053764950094e1a679136b0ecd8ec.png

They are finished with a fine woven-like texture. My only setup of Copags are matte as matte can be, they don't have the same texture.

Back design is important to me and I like Full Bleed cards, so I tend toward Gemaco since they seem to have the widest selection of Full Bleed. Some people are more card front particular, so they pick their cards based on index size or orientation, style of the pips and faces, or four colour avalibility, etc.

The only way to be sure is to try a bunch of different decks.