playing too long affects your performance.

jfofla

jfofla

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I confess that I like quick poker games and that very long games affect my performance, when the game is too long I usually get tired and sometimes stop paying attention to the game which makes my opponents easier.

akmost

akmost

Rising Star
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I don't have such problems , my concentration and my attention span can last for hours but I can't do that everyday , I can't play everyday because it's exhausting.

I like fast games too -turbos and hypers - but let's be honest here if you have skill you prove it in the regular speed games :) . There is so much variance involved in the fast paced ones , there is plenty of strategy in them too but you need to win way more flips in order to win them.

schtiuky

schtiuky

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if iplay more then 4 hours i affects it for sure.

47Belarus

47Belarus

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeap. 3-4 hours and then my concentration and attention goes away)

Alex70793

Alex70793

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes, I have the same thing, I can't play poker for a long time, I play well for a maximum of 3-4 hours, then I start making a lot of mistakes.
I start playing too many hands, I start calling bets where I need to fold, for some reason it often seems to me that the opponent is bluffing and I call with a weak hand and naturally lose, in general, a typical game with a loss of concentration.

P

pwalker4201977

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My mistake is playing too many tournaments at a time n not being able to pay attention at all the tables.

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
How long you can play with maximum concentration directly depends on your physical health !!! It is also important to plan your day so that you have a good rest before starting a long gaming session !!!

C

Cinhos_2000

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
That happens to me if I'm playing a very low buy-in after busting a long "expensive" tournament.

AlexStar1981

AlexStar1981

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play MMT at micro stakes, purely as a student. I play with long breaks, but here I was sick for several days and I had enough time to play for several hours a day. I have enough for a maximum of 3 hours of the tournament, then mistakes start, stack drain. Although I almost always enter the prizes, they are still too small due to the fact that I still lack sufficient concentration and energy.

DPo320

DPo320

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I dont like playing long aswell since I value my time and hate to waste it, but especially for turnaments there doesn't seem to be any other way.

thwenth1983

thwenth1983

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Too many hours playing, I get impatient at the end.

Good morning everybody. Playing poker for many hours affects my performance, especially patience at the end of the grinde, I usually play hands that I shouldn't, I take more chances in Mtts or I gain chips very fast or I eliminate and most of the time I use this strategy I get eliminated .
I have noticed that the more I play, the longer it takes for me to get tired, I remember when I started at the end of 2018, I played 4 or 5 hours and I got tired, today for me to get tired I have to play for 10 hours, you will getting used to it and getting tougher.
I saw a live on twitch the guy played for 35 hours and on his last table he was at the final table of a Mtt K.O, that's patience, I want to get to that level.

gambit1983

gambit1983

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Same. If I’m playing too long I start calling a lot. Not sure why this is.

weralomos

weralomos

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yeap. 3-4 hours and then my concentration and attention goes away)
It turns out to be optimal to play zoom poker than regular tournaments, although as an option hyper turbo tournaments

A

angelamsmith05

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it depends on what time of day I start playing. Later in the evening much harder to play longer.

COMIRRR

COMIRRR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
That's right, this is what I suffer at a tournament, it becomes tiring and boring but I revive myself along the way if it's a good bet anyway ...

C

CTPA3

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
in order not to get bored and not to get tired, I play several tournaments at the same time, and I also open chess. Helps to switch attention, and not get annoyed because of idiots)

frnandoh

frnandoh

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
of course! Our brain is an organ that may be stressed. Because that it is important to rest, to sleep, to eat , to drink water, to practice physical activities. To keep our organ "playing" well.

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I totally agree with you. On the weekends I have more time to play and there are days that I play more than 10-12 hours per day and in the end I'm very tired and not playing my best poker.

jj77jwj

jj77jwj

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes I get same way when you play for to long start playing like a donkey I can only play a couple of hours a day unless playing in tournaments takes a while before game done

lcid86

lcid86

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I agree. After 3 hours, I get easily distracted.

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi.
I never play poker for more than 6-7 hours. I believe that the game should be fun and not tiring. If I feel tired, I don't even start playing because I don't see the point in such a game.
Good luck.

Sergei 9417

Sergei 9417

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey!
After 4 o'clock, I'm not that tired, I'm losing patience.

D

Daen27

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes, I still don't want to play long tournaments. Although even if the prizes are huge there, but there is not so much time to sit and wait

tihomir_kula

tihomir_kula

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
Long tournaments are difficult for me.I can`t play them every day.

vnnby

vnnby

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
In this regard, I'm trying to find a desire to play long tournaments, although in today's poker there are no problems with tournaments.