Polytarp

Polytarp

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I thought I should write this since I'm not the only one who gets in this situation.
Last night I played some small stakes games to qualify for games worth at least 100X more. I qualified for the games I wanted but lost my original stake because I really didn't care if I won these qualifying matches..(BIG MISTAKE...you should always care!)
I also played some late registration (last 10 minutes or so) MTT's that had smallish fields where the chip leaders were still within reach. In one game I became an overall chip leader and would have easily coasted into some money but I was tired and made one too many raises and finished with nothing. Again, I had no fear in making these bets because they were good but there is a point where you need to stop and let the smaller stacks take each other out.
So, as long as you can eat your losses and sleep soundly afterward then the above mistakes are inconsequential...but there is no way this is acceptable when being in the money is at least a four figure payout. For example, fighting your way through a sub-satellite, satellite then getting into the destination game is a time-consuming endeavor so be prepared...especially if you multi-table.

Last edited:
akmost

akmost

Rising Star
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Been there too a couple of times , so I stopped doing it and I play only whenever I really want. When you are tired you lack patience , one of the key factors of poker.
Hope the next massive chip lead will find you relaxed and ready to fight for a big score!

korneel

korneel

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That's one of the hardest things in online poker.
All the good tournaments start around 9pm, so when you are doing well you play well into the night. So the tiredness gets you eventually.

yosjenis55

yosjenis55

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
good afternoon friends ... It is a very common mistake to play all day and keep playing until dawn. At that time, decision making is very complicated and those mistakes pay very high. the most advisable thing is to finish the tournaments that you have open and play again the next day. regards

vov4ik

vov4ik

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, I agree with you that the game of satellite is laborious work especially when you need to play and win twice and then just get into a good tournament and also need to play and try to get into the prize zone and then win, I play very often in satellites but plainly, I did not win!

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
If I feel that I am tired I will never play poker. Obviously, such a game has no meaning. It is better to have a good rest and start the game. Usually when I was tired I always lost and it badly affected me.

whiskers77

whiskers77

The art of purring
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
It happened to me as well recently, when I thought I play a satellite, but it was still a sub-satellite. I think, better double-check to what satellite you want to register. Are you able still at all to play the next satellite or the target tourney?
Easily you are involved in something, that is not really good for your sleep rythm.

Ragequit

Ragequit

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You could set yourself a stopwatch to let you know when you need to go for a break. I take a 30 minute break every 90 minutes. So my sessions run in two hour blocks with a built in break. Good luck.