AzdajaD

AzdajaD

Meat Pounder
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
RS
Chips
In most things in life dedication reaps rewards.
Take for example medical student, studyng years and years to become great doctor!
Same thing with professional athlete, music players...
Then there is poker! :)
You could learn the correct way to play and spend a lifetime playing but unless your lucky you don't have a cat in hells chance of making money. Some people are much luckier than others. There is no explanation for this it's just a fact.

What's you're thoughts about this? :)

roger perkins

roger perkins

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
if it was just luck then there would be no multi bracelet winners. it takes an amount of luck to make it but skill, knowledge and correct play gives you the chance to get lucky. statistically no one person is luckier than the other.

Brandlad

Brandlad

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You are talking about guaranteed success in a game where probability plays a huge role. It is not possible to get 100% success rate in a game where probability has its own part.

K

kapobar

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You need to have lucky but without skill means nothing,little things that skill players make difference than ordinary players.

12345djon

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Successful playing skills are necessary, but the decisive hand is all about luck, you play, and you have AK, you have bet, you bet, and the big blind calls your bet with AQ, Q comes on the turn and you leave the tournament, you bad luck.

GRIN281289

GRIN281289

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I believe that skill comes with time and if you have a lot of luck then everything will be fine in poker

weezy1312

weezy1312

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
TN
Chips
poker is all about making less mistakes and inducing your ennemy to make ones to exploit it.

vov4ik

vov4ik

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that if I had the opportunity to play constantly in expensive tournaments of 500-1000 dollars and more, I would also be able to become the champion of a tournament and win big money in tournaments, but I don’t have such an opportunity and I play Only in low-cost tournaments of 0.50 cents - for 1-2 dollars and sometimes I win small amounts of 100-200-300 dollars!

G

Gr34tWh1t3

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It takes luck indeed but knowledge and skill are needed to as someone else said
if it was just about luck Daniel Negreanu or Phil Ivey would have not won that many wsop bracelets and others like them to .

R

redmast

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In life, human luck plays a big role. Just to this luck you need to add knowledge and then success is guaranteed.

Poker_Mike

Poker_Mike

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Take for example medical student, studyng years and years to become great doctor!
You could learn the correct way to play and spend a lifetime playing but unless your lucky you don't have a cat in hells chance of making money. Some people are much luckier than others. There is no explanation for this it's just a fact.

Lots of luck is required in business, football, golf, etc.

Yes, there is a logical explanation.....

The only people that are "luckier" in life are the people that TRY more.

Good luck !

M

M13A13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Luck is a reflection of the actions taken during life, lucky people have obviously had a bad luck past.
In poker there is beyond the concept of luck, the concepts of discipline and skills. I'm still not confident in how I play poker because in certain situations I've made big mistakes.

pirateglenn

pirateglenn

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I agree with some of the points made - as textbook poker is only as good as the textbook but what books do not guage is the level of individual variance between players and games, it changes all the time and its one of the reasons why people keep playing the game, chasing that dream that one day, it will be themselves who scoop a big one.
It took me 3 years to win a big tourney and then it happened again 11 months later and then a gap of 6 years (all online). Playing live has brought me more success but going back to the thread here - i think anyone who has a strong knowledge mathematically is at an advantage in the long run against players who are not, depending on the level you buy in at - always dictates the type of players who enter..you will get the odd aggro player who can afford to play LAG but generally speaking, the lesser ability players stick to smaller stakes.
You do not become a better player by just reading books but it can help, recognising optimum plays in certain situations is vital but then - i will take luck anyday over being theoretically great at this beautiful and frustrating game!

oneloy

oneloy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
a little bit of luck + knowledge = God)))

B

benitwapasu

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Remember that good luck and bad luck always evens out--you just have to live long enough!

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Patience is always key. I agree it is difficult, but without patience you will not succeed.

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Poker is first and foremost a game of skill !!! A lot of players want to win at poker, but they don’t want to analyze their game and look for their mistakes !!! that is, they want to win without any effort !!!

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hello.
I try to play every day and improve my game every time. In addition, I regularly read interesting articles and books to improve my skills. I am sure, I can be a successful player.

P

Pickat

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The skill is to win pots without having good cards and then maximizing the pots when you do have the cards .

W

williamsc99

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Surely if you played even a perfect game in theory would be unbeatable even though it would make the best decisions in all the spots but as we are all sucetiveis to errors where it makes the game much more disputed. Now if you want to have extraordinary results become extraordinary

R

Ricardo_lhp

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
just play I think you will not get success anyway, now the practice aligned with the studies will surely give you great achievements! is not a secret for any player that without study and dedication I do not know goes anywhere, just look at the winning players, none there is by the luck factor, but by decision and study!

M

martina pinto

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
with the theme of variance if one does not adapt is lost

AlexDriver

AlexDriver

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, I agree: some are luckier than others. But if you play on your bankroll you can earn some money without risking much, even if you are a fish. Many people want to win everything at once and therefore lose. Professional players always play on their bankroll and do not play on the money that is not ready to lose. And of course skill is very important.

terryk

terryk

TheCanuckwithalltheluck
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

I think its ridiculous to say that if 9 people sat down at a poker table that the "luckiest" person will win most of the time,,,,it just doesn't work that way,not in life ,,,,or the poker tables.;) (but i understand that it makes one feel better to think that) I believe people set themselves up for success,and the same the other way.