R

rafffinamore

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
To what extent should one play with cards and to what extent should one play with the probability of the opponents' actions? This is an intriguing question to ask yourself. What do you think?

MemphisGrind

MemphisGrind

Think Bink
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
To what extent should one play with cards and to what extent should one play with the probability of the opponents' actions? This is an intriguing question to ask yourself. What do you think?

Well, I would say you are ALWAYS playing against the player. I don't like going to showdown often, I would much rather scoop on earlier streets. That being said it is still a balance of understanding ranges (yours and theirs) and paying attention to board texture..

I

icandonkyou

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I will say I play the player A LOT. Because you have to pay attention to the actions of the player. With this done you can steal pots, and get people to fold more easily just by their previous actions and how they have been playing. It is very important to play the cards as well for the obvious reasons. But playing the player is a very valuable thing as well.

jmateuspoker

jmateuspoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
play poker

For me poker is a game of people, of course in a tournament with huge field at the beginning you want to survive and even grow in chips but after you survive and be in the home stretch with chips that will happen or even a final table the what stands out is the psychological so I think poker is a game of people the same hand can be played in various forms combined in various ways with the cards on the flop turn and river.

For this reason that poker is not a predictable game like chess and the variance of possible outcomes allows the opportunity for a person with less knowledge than another win better results but overall the volume of games dominates Who I know more of the game

:jd4:mateuspoker

Dusan

Dusan

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

No-Limit Hold’em is a very complex game. Extremely hard game with a multilevel complexity. :banghead: A combination between cards and people behavior under pressure when money are at risk. Regardless of your cards or your opponents, the flop is where you’ll make your most crucial decisions. It’s the key point in the hand. It’s where you put people on hands, decide what they’ve probably got. Usually, everything after the flop is more or less cut-and-dried. No matter what starting cards you may have, being AA, KK, AK, 98s, ATs, A5s, KQs ...etc.., that’s only 28% of your final hand. The flop is the key point in the hand where you get to see all at once 3 cards that combined with your 2 cards will make the 72% of your final hand. Another words, you only get to see preflop a little more then 1/4 or your hold’em hand. Now, how much money are you ready to bet preflop on a hand that you only know 1/4 of it? - ha ha ha... That’s why the flop is the joint of the final hand.

Syltan

Syltan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Playing with cards is against opponents who do not know, with people worth playing that you know. In other words, if you have information on your opponent, you can afford to play more creatively, if you do not have any information, you should play strictly on the cards.

rafikjan

rafikjan

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
first of all you need to play with cards and then with the enemy it's better and more profits

M

mirrornick

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think the game has changed psychologically. I just don't see players playing mind games with each other anymore. Everyone's glazing at the flop/turn/river. There are few exceptions when a player is hardcore staring his opponent down, but it doesn't happen as often as it used to.

Simply my opinion, not fact.

akmost

akmost

Rising Star
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Very nice question, I think that in order to play against your opponents you must know him good and what are his tendencies!

First and foremost I play with my cards and secondly against who I am facing. There are hands I play against specific opponents which are villains oriented.I can fire some bluffs with a weak combination because no matter if the opponents had it 1 time the 9 other times I am profitable.This is how poker works , it is pure math.

You can't treat everybody at the table the same way IMHO. I was watching a very good regular who was playing the $215 6max and he was analyzing the same way. He was explaining what the opponent is capable of doing with the range of his hands.This is high stakes poker. Be balanced or you are dead.

MattRyder

MattRyder

🍏 Tech That Works!
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Both for sure! Many hands taken down without a showdown may actually have little if anything to do with the winner's actual cards. Smoke and mirrors.

However it's pretty rare to see a showdown where the winner didn't actually have a really good hand.

F

FabioLmkds

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
A reading game, where you can lead the adversary to error. Like for example showing a bleff that you won, hoping he will pay when you have a monster hand .. In the same way the adversary will do it with you .. we have to decide the best time to attack

W

williamsc99

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You should always play thinking about what action your opponent will take and of course putting him in a range comparing with your cards and your chance to win or the chance to make your opponent fold in the best hand

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
You are playing with other players and their skills. Cards are the tools to play!

A

AAbyss

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Playing with cards is against opponents who do not know, with people worth playing that you know. In other words, if you have information on your opponent, you can afford to play more creatively, if you do not have any information, you should play strictly on the cards.
+1 top answer

M

mtmigmike

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think it is necessary to play against people, if you take on the psychology of the players, then you can win them

ammje

ammje

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think it's easier to play against a good player, in certain situations, because you know that rank pay you 3bet for example, but when you play against a player who is very aggressive and likes to call many hands, it is difficult read your range of cards.

kokoalexkoko

kokoalexkoko

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Offcourse with people. But not with programms that help play with people.

EVA777

EVA777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

100% take into account the probability of the actions of rivals! Even with a very bad hand, you can win if you properly use the actions of other players.

playinggameswithu

playinggameswithu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The better the table the more towards player the worse the table more towards cards.

P

PokerDev

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've never had cards themselves bet, raise, call or fold against me.

Thus, I play against people...

SPANKYSN

SPANKYSN

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Poker pro Annette Obrestad played an entire online tournament (180 player Sit'n'go), covering the screen so she could not see her cards....she played her opponents and her position...and she won !!!

IlyaSavinov

IlyaSavinov

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Player reading is one of the winning factor :)

AlexDriver

AlexDriver

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Most will answer: "Of course with people." But to play optimally with the adjustment to the opponent is possible only if collected enough statistics. Very often we do not have information on the opponent, so we have to play using only known information: pocket cards, a place at the table, the size of the stacks, etc.