Players out there whos making a living out of poker, what helped you in your journey?

• Thread starter italorohdrigues
  • Start date
italorohdrigues

italorohdrigues

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm currently a micro stakes player struggling (just like everyone) to keep on moving up in the stakes and possibly make a living out of poker. I just got into a team and things are slowly progressing for me

If you are already in the otherside of the moon and your winnings with poker can pay your bills or even give you a good side income, could you share some habits or things that must helped you on the way?

GARCIA PABLO DANIEL

GARCIA PABLO DANIEL

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
hello

I congratulate you, I also play micro levels and I also aspire like you to be a professional and earn a living playing poker. It can be achieved. Greetings and success, trust that you can persevere and you will succeed ...

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi.
Although poker is a hobby for me, my hobby consistently brings me profit. I'm not a professional, but I try to systematically improve my game and improve my skills. For me personally, the most important factors are my patience and discipline.
Good luck.

Nathan Williams

Nathan Williams

Poker Pro
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would say that the ability to embrace the grind and love what you do is more important than anything. Because this is the only thing that is going to get you through the long hours, both at the poker tables and away from them studying and improving, that is necessary for long term success in this game.

Also, never take your short term results too seriously. I would actually just suggest ignoring them all together if possible. Because they will always be all over the place, and you must be able to remain emotionally composed through the endless ups and downs of poker. This is the biggest reason why most people fail to have long term success in poker, they get frustrated, go on tilt etc. because they get too emotionally invested in their short term results.

Hope some of these quick thoughts help!

italorohdrigues

italorohdrigues

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would say that the ability to embrace the grind and love what you do is more important than anything. Because this is the only thing that is going to get you through the long hours, both at the poker tables and away from them studying and improving, that is necessary for long term success in this game.

Also, never take your short term results too seriously. I would actually just suggest ignoring them all together if possible. Because they will always be all over the place, and you must be able to remain emotionally composed through the endless ups and downs of poker. This is the biggest reason why most people fail to have long term success in poker, they get frustrated, go on tilt etc. because they get too emotionally invested in their short term results.

Hope some of these quick thoughts help!

I feel like I want to print this and keep it beside my PC haha, this is really helpful! Gave me a lot of insights

Its awesome to be able to get some advice from someone whos a pro and its already where you aim to be. It even gives me a little motivation in a way where I want to keep on improving and learning to be able to give back to our community as well.

Thanks!

italorohdrigues

italorohdrigues

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I congratulate you, I also play micro levels and I also aspire like you to be a professional and earn a living playing poker. It can be achieved. Greetings and success, trust that you can persevere and you will succeed ...

It can! With consistency and resilience we will get there, gl friend

jordanbillie

jordanbillie

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Don't embrace "The Grind."

Avoid it!

Why would you voluntarily chose something known as, "The Grind?"

This has been my strategy and I have been rewarded handsomely with $$$$ and lots of time (since I'm not playing much and winning a bunch).

I figured out how to play MTTs without having downswings and without having to play for hours and hours. That's been my biggest progression is the development of my macro strategy with MTTs. I'm kind of a beast.

Let me know if you want some detailed advice on how to do what I'm doing.

You don't have to grind. Again...why the hell would you want to (it sounds awful!)?