Rob Hobson

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
:wavey:Hi
Is there any player (dead or alive) who inspires you:drunken_s, gives you motivation to keep you improving your poker, by the way he plays or teaches or by things says about life and poker?

zwbb

zwbb

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
it's worth trying to find an activity that will inspire you and for which you want to get up early so that you can do it as soon as possible. and the presence of a hero is not important to me.

Rob Hobson

Rob Hobson

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
it's worth trying to find an activity that will inspire you and for which you want to get up early so that you can do it as soon as possible. and the presence of a hero is not important to me.
In my point of view, hero is another story, at least it was not what I meant.
But I do understand you do not get any inspiration from anybody or any player in particular.

Thank you very much to be the first to reply the thread.

FoxMS

FoxMS

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am not inspired by the players, but only by my victories. When I win, thanks to my skill and experience, I understand that I am progressing and it brings me real pleasure.

P

pokerdebit

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker player which motivates me are phile ivu and daniel negranue
Maybe there are better players but I do not know them

zwbb

zwbb

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I meant that I like the game itself)

milka1605

milka1605

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In principle, I do not follow the game of professionals and I have no idol. But I always like Negreanu's character.

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don’t have a poker idol, but I always like to watch Daniel Negreanu tables because I like the way he plays and the way he behaves at the tables.

Ichione

Ichione

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I highy respect Hellmuth's discipline & patience.. he may vent but ultimately he always makes the right decision.. there will be suckouts & badbeats, that's inevitable..

Andrei Korolev

Andrei Korolev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have no idols,I look at a good game...I listen to the advice, opinions, and statements of professional players...Motivation is what's best for me ahead...

danoscar

danoscar

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello.
The player that inspires me the most is Negreanu. Dan appears to have a lot of fun as well as play like a genius. It's better than watching the folks that have no personality.

Dan'O

Rob Hobson

Rob Hobson

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Hello.
The player that inspires me the most is Negreanu. Dan appears to have a lot of fun as well as play like a genius. It's better than watching the folks that have no personality.

Dan'O
You're quite right!
He is amazing in or out of the tables. Deserves what he's got.

joaquinvd

joaquinvd

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The player phil hellmuth inspires me, not just anyone stays at the same level for so many years and has 15 bracelets c: hahaha

T

the_bridge222

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In my opinion Daniel Negreanu is one of the most inspiring players. There are others, but I think that is one of the main ones.

Wrathchild

Wrathchild

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Right now, I'm really inspired by players like Maria Konnikova, Doug Polk, Jonathan Little, Daniel Negreanu, Phil Ivey and after listening to some recent interviews, Phil Helmuth.

Maria Konnikova: she's a brilliant writer who was interested in luck and probability as a topic to write about, and ended up becoming a beast of a pro poker player having come into the game knowing barely anything about it at all.

Doug Polk: Smart guy who has some pretty entertaining videos on youtube and has solid results that speak for themselves. What inspires me the most is he was at one time in the place that I am. Frustrated and unsure about his future in the game. With a genuine, burning desire to persevere and eventually become not only a winning player, but a really successful one at that.

Jonathan Little: brilliant mind and no-nonsense approach to the game. He's realistic and conveys his thoughts in a blunt, straight-forward fashion. If/when I can afford coaching his team is the team I'd go to first.

DNegs: his playstyle, table chat and "TV persona" made him fun to watch. Kinda hard to watch him stream when he plays online because he gets to be his "true" self. On the one hand, it shows he's human and has a range of personality. but on the other hand he comes off as a huge ***** in contrast to what we're used to seeing on TV.

Phil Ivey: certified bad-ass. The way he keeps is cool in all high pressure situations, while also being the cause of such pressure for others at the table. Incredible reads and solid playstyle inspires me to just play the game and be better at it.

Phil Helmuth: I still maintain he looks like a goofball and comes across as arrogant to a degree, but the man is a solid player with some of the most impressive results in poker history. After hearing his interview on the Cards Chat podcast I have a newfound respect for the man.

Rob Hobson

Rob Hobson

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Right now, I'm really inspired by players like Maria Konnikova, Doug Polk, Jonathan Little, Daniel Negreanu, Phil Ivey and after listening to some recent interviews, Phil Helmuth.

Maria Konnikova: she's a brilliant writer who was interested in luck and probability as a topic to write about, and ended up becoming a beast of a pro poker player having come into the game knowing barely anything about it at all.

Doug Polk: Smart guy who has some pretty entertaining videos on youtube and has solid results that speak for themselves. What inspires me the most is he was at one time in the place that I am. Frustrated and unsure about his future in the game. With a genuine, burning desire to persevere and eventually become not only a winning player, but a really successful one at that.

Jonathan Little: brilliant mind and no-nonsense approach to the game. He's realistic and conveys his thoughts in a blunt, straight-forward fashion. If/when I can afford coaching his team is the team I'd go to first.

DNegs: his playstyle, table chat and "TV persona" made him fun to watch. Kinda hard to watch him stream when he plays online because he gets to be his "true" self. On the one hand, it shows he's human and has a range of personality. but on the other hand he comes off as a huge ***** in contrast to what we're used to seeing on TV.

Phil Ivey: certified bad-ass. The way he keeps is cool in all high pressure situations, while also being the cause of such pressure for others at the table. Incredible reads and solid playstyle inspires me to just play the game and be better at it.

Phil Helmuth: I still maintain he looks like a goofball and comes across as arrogant to a degree, but the man is a solid player with some of the most impressive results in poker history. After hearing his interview on the Cards Chat podcast I have a newfound respect for the man.
Very good!
icon1.gif

Rob Hobson

Rob Hobson

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I am inspired only by myself...
This reminds me a song:
"All by myself"

When I was young
I never needed anyone
And making love was just for fun
Those days are gone...

All by myself
Don't wanna be
All by myself
Anymore...

And this song inspires me.:).

N

neptun1914

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As a living legend it is Doyle Brunson. Playing for more than 50 years at highest level and surviving several different ages in poker (some of them much darker than today) simply deserves respect. Phil Ivey, Daniel Negreanu and Justin Bonomo are also great examples of players who are on the scene for a long time and still play at top level.

Rob Hobson

Rob Hobson

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
As a living legend it is Doyle Brunson. Playing for more than 50 years at highest level and surviving several different ages in poker (some of them much darker than today) simply deserves respect. Phil Ivey, Daniel Negreanu and Justin Bonomo are also great examples of players who are on the scene for a long time and still play at top level.

On these days Doyle Brunson is the most appraised poker player. As you said, a living legend and "Playing for more than 50 years at highest level and surviving several different ages in poker (some of them much darker than today)". He's a rare jewel; his book (Super System 1 and 2) is a rare piece in poker history, the first to reveal the real concepts of the game in the core, that still works. I'm luck to have those books, the rest, mostly are "copies" somehow.
The poker community must thanks him to be the first to reveal worldwide the world of poker in its all perspective.
Brunson will always be my inspiration.