play or not

alfiyka

alfiyka

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Do you continue to play if a bad luck streak comes along?How long do you stop playing games?Or play hard despite losing

G

gichka97

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Do you continue to play if a bad luck streak comes along?How long do you stop playing games?Or play hard despite losing

I stop to play if for many consecutive days I can not win anything. I am needing only one day to sleep the night and then on fresh mind I am totally concentrated again to play normally. I have played, despite I am loosing and I am trying to concentrate on the game and to avoid looking or calculating the losses. That is the thing a lot of people thinking when they are facing the bad beats and concentrate their attention on the loss of the money. I remembered one time that I have one one MTT tournament with my last dollars after loosing a lot of them behind in the same day and stay in the action again with my last chance and I was on profit after it. It is very important to control yourself in that kind of situations.

elizeuof

elizeuof

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't have a bankroll at the moment, when I start to win a cycle of playing more and more, and consequently I move away from some rooms, when the bad phase comes, I slow down and go back to the previous stake.

Last time I dedicated myself to other games just for distraction, I left poker aside, and even here I didn't interact, I just logged in and read a little of the posts, then I started to slow down, until I turned around again to play, but now I have greater control, and I try not to let myself be influenced too much by the result.

I believe that I already spent 6 months away from poker, entering only due to some big promotion.

1nsomn1a

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you play the right bankroll management, then the failure streak does not have such a strong impact, the main thing is not to rush into higher limits, otherwise this is the right way to ruin.:)

GRIN281289

GRIN281289

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I take a break for two weeks, the last time the break was a month. If there is a streak of failure, it is better to take a break.

M

mara2259

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It seems to me that good players differ from mediocre ones in that they take the maximum when luck is on their side and give it to the minimum when the black streak begins. Failures are different. You should not continue the game if you are in a physical or psychological state and lose because of your own mistakes. But if it seems to you that the map simply does not go, you should slow down a little without losing control of the events happening around you. When luck suddenly smiles at you, you should be aware of how your opponents will act.

manzanillo53

manzanillo53

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
IF my attitude is off I stop playing as that may be the cause of my bad luck. If it is just bad luck and nothing I do seems to correct it, I stop playing for a day maybe. If the bad luck is not hurting me, only preventing me from gaining, I try to ride it out.

Maxmustdie

Maxmustdie

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i always play without interruption, i'm probably already addicted to the game

F

Freepokerfree

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
With online poker streaks where my cards don't seem to beat anyone, everyone has better games, which is quite frustrating. I am deciding to play only freerolls, if possible not pay tickets until bad luck passes. It gives me the feeling that the software is going to make me lose even if it does everything "perfect". In others they are my bad decisions.

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I usually stop playing, at least for real money. When I’m in a losing streak, but still wanting to play, I only play freerolls because I can tilt a little bit and don’t lose anything :)

Fivefor

Fivefor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips

Depends on how it is affecting me mentally and my game as a result. I always try to keep in mind that every hand dealt has absolutely nothing to do with the hand or hands dealt to me previously. Meaning your "luck" can change on a dime and reverse itself as quickly as an unlucky streak may have appeared.

Taking a small break is always a good idea to help get your mental game back in line but like I said, just because black might have come up 10 times in a row on the roulette wheel, it in no way means that red is any more likely to show up on the next spin. Each hand dealt in poker is 100% independent from past results in the same way the color next landed on by the ball in a spin of the roulette wheel.

So keep playing hard despite losing to get through it as long as you don't think your are making bad decisions because the bad luck streak is getting to you.

GeckoAA

GeckoAA

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Mostly I just keep playing. If I am having a really bad streak, I will only play freerolls, then no worries about my bankroll added to my misery. Then there is my mental state, because sometimes these bad streaks can last a very long time, mentally it can be taxing and when that happens I do take a break........for a week or so, and come back feeling refreshed and mentally prepared yet again :)

danoscar

danoscar

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Play or Not to Play

Hello. Yes, I continue after a bad steak. Sometimes its the cards, sometimes myself and sometimes it's someone else's good luck. It happens, I have realized that after many years playing.. So, I don't let it slow me down.

M

mtmigmike

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If I have a losing streak, I take a break from the game, reflect on my mistakes and then start playing again.

L

Lina1020

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I rarely take a break when I'm on an unlucky streak. I can't always be lucky, unfortunately that's poker, I can't always win. :)

gon4iypes

gon4iypes

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
It may well be that a couple of bad hands upsets us and puts us on tilt..even if you don't notice it , it affects the quality of our decisions which perpetuates the bad run. So take a break, maybe do something for someone else, be kind and helpful. See what a difference that will make!! maybe you can come back to the game in a refreshed state of mind

Ram41k

Ram41k

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
To play or not to playlay

Unfortunately, sometimes in poker there is a downstreak in the game, and sometimes it is better to take a short break from the game.:eek:

FoxMS

FoxMS

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In such cases, I take a break for a few days. I believe that the game should be fun, not disappointing.

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
Even if there's indeed "downstreak" for me i still dont take break.
I guess i am only taking break whenever i travel to whatever country where online poker is pretty much non-existent (such as Spain/Italy) lol) ...

Maiuchi

Maiuchi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I keep playing, I don't believe in very long streaks, yes of course, if one day everything is a bad streak, I stop playing, but the next day I try harder and harder to apply all the content studied to avoid contributing to the bad streak, I say, If I apply well, I avoid and reduce the margins of bad luck.

SPANKYSN

SPANKYSN

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There were times when I was playing in almost all my spare time. My wife hated that, so I would tell her I would play on that day until I had a thousand dollars or busted...I did that 3 times starting with about $150, and each time I was able to reach ZERO in a matter of hours. I would then take a one month absence from all poker.

I play less now because of Covid...yes, I have lots of time at home, but so does my wife, and we share the one computer.

marianexbj

marianexbj

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It depends on how you take poker, if you are a professional player I do not think that bad streaks should influence too much in making decisions about whether to play or not since they are the most normal thing in poker. On the other hand, if you are a recreational player like me, we must see how these bad streaks are or not, you must be more careful with the bank, more careful not to get carried away by emotions and that these bad streaks do not affect our game.

H

Houdini9

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bad luck sucks. But I find it reasonable to take a few hours or 1 day in between sessions where I'm running bad. What I really try to remind myself of is that statistically my luck will change and I try to put myself in positions to be able to reap the reward when my luck finally changes for the better.

GL GL,

HOUDINI9

INISHTE

INISHTE

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BO
Chips
Hi friend.

I try to professionalize myself in this, I rest maximum 1 day, since the tilteo does not last long.

scobido

scobido

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As long as a break is always welcome, a refresh of thought will be beneficial to the game.