Play the bluffs as you play the nuts

jadaminato

jadaminato

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello! I recently read this phrase, "play the bluffs as you play the nuts". You will not avoid that sometimes they catch your bluffs and sometimes they fold, but many times the opposite will happen and you will win a lot.
That was the explanation. I do not know. I would like to hear the opinion of more experienced players. Is it a good strategy?

jumaischi

jumaischi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I mostly bluff on rivers,when I see that the villain check or rise a small amount of chips,and I'm pretty confident that he has a weak hand ...otherwise I try not to bluff

Acechador

Acechador

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
EC
Chips
Everyone has ever done it, but once you have experience, you know you can't do it with all your opponents because you'll be an easy target for some shark on the table.

A fox 666

A fox 666

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker without bluffing is not poker! Hoping and waiting only for good hands is stupid, you will never win anything. But you also need to bluff wisely. No theory will teach this. This all comes with experience.

Dzob

Dzob

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks to bluffs, poker is very attractive, spectacular and encourages people to play. The feeling of making a good bluff or catching someone on a bluff is very pleasant.
It is not an art to win when we have good cards - it is an art to win when we have nothing in our hands.
Most hands in Cash games have no showdown - it means that whoever bluffs more effectively wins more.

RagNar87

RagNar87

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
bluff works on buy in MTT and Cash , bluffs will never work on freerolls ONLY on ft or last 20 players .

armoko

armoko

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I do mostly bluffing if I got almost the best combination like flush or straight draw with Ace, it's not 100% bluff and thats why I play as it would be not a bluff at all

riverlizard3

riverlizard3

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
be brave

Well you notice how good you feel with the nuts, yes, confident , warm and fuzzy and then you bet with it and life is good.
When you decide the only way to come out on top in a hand is to attempt to bluff, don't forget to show the same confident warm and fuzzy feeling .
its not easy to toss in that wad of cash knowing you have, zilch,zippo, Nada.
So a bad bluff is sometimes easy to see if you project , oh i know , nobody can read you huh?

manzanillo53

manzanillo53

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I do not think I ever bluff, semi bluff yes. If I think I have the best hand but the flop has a few outs that would cause me to loose, I will do a semi bluff.

honorwar

honorwar

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do this but the river always destruct me.I'm thinking about stop bluffing seriously.I will never bluf anymore.