Play against a Pro

L

lucashiagoloja

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Today I had the experience of playing against IgorKurganov at Poker in The Ears, it was a good and rewarding experience.

I was able to make plays that made it difficult to read it, I almost lost it QAs x QAx

Being QAs my hand.

Tell about your experiences versus the Pro's

J

Joonnn1212

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That's so cool that you got to play against Igor! I have not yet had the pleasure of playing against a pro live or online, but I hope to have this experience soon! One of the reasons why I love poker so much is that any amateur has the opportunity to compete with the pros, unlike every other sport! I hope to one day be seated at a table with Phil Hellmuth and witness him go on mega tilt in person :D

Poker_Mike

Poker_Mike

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Today I had the experience of playing against IgorKurganov at Poker in The Ears, it was a good and rewarding experience.

I was able to make plays that made it difficult to read it, I almost lost it QAs x QAx

Being QAs my hand.

Just like in any sport you have to play opponents that are better than you to become better.

In poker particularly you can see plays that you would not have thought of making.

Imitation can be a very good learning tool.

Good luck !

vov4ik

vov4ik

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have not played with professional players at the table, but I would really like to play with a professional and gain experience and see how he plays with me at the table!

T

Tatomircg

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Being QAs my hand.

never played against a tv pro lets say.....but many times i played against good players,u immediately can tell who is a good player

R

Ricardo_lhp

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've never had any experience against pros or online tables. But I would like a day to play against to see what the sensation!

playinggameswithu

playinggameswithu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Played against Bogski he was pretty cool on ACR.

weezy1312

weezy1312

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
TN
Chips
i had once a pokerstars pro player at the same table with me on a tournament , well we never engaged beyond the flop against each other so i dont think it does count ^^

S

Souza322

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
playing with a pro is something i really want to do, good for you and your experience

oneloy

oneloy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
unfortunately not such an experience (

T

Tommyc9494

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i had once a pokerstars pro player at the same table with me on a tournament , well we never engaged beyond the flop against each other so i dont think it does count ^^

Still it does kinda count you got to observe how they played hands even if you wasn’t playing in them I’d love to play against a pro but I have some way to go yet

weezy1312

weezy1312

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
TN
Chips
Still it does kinda count you got to observe how they played hands even if you wasn’t playing in them I’d love to play against a pro but I have some way to go yet
a lot of them do stream on twitch and play , and they explain some plays why they did it , you can learn a lot from it and you see how they play )

frnandoh

frnandoh

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
The formula is simple: playing against worse players you win, playing against players like you, you tie and playing against better players than you, YOU LOSE! If you want to improve your game, the worst way is playing against pro's.

T

Tommyc9494

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
a lot of them do stream on twitch and play , and they explain some plays why they did it , you can learn a lot from it and you see how they play )
Yeah true I do enjoy those videos myself but I mainly watch them on yt is twitch good iv never housed it myself also I still think I’d lap it up playing on a table with a pro lol

F

freestocks

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I couldn't remember what I had when I bluffed Johnny Chan. Oh, that was a movie.

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thats fun, wish it happened more often. In the way olden days pros used to sit at the micro cash tables on FullTilt....it was a ton of fun and really drove people to the tables.

flattershay

flattershay

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I played with Lex Veldhuis on some 11$ tournament but I wouldn't say I learned a lot or had a great experience.

Reload

Reload

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It must be a great sensation to play against a Pro, i would love that!
As we have some Pros on the forum, could we make some tournament with them, like some kind of bounty holdem? With a nice prize? Just a sugestion ;)

J

Jam_V92

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have played many times against pro players but only on their HomeGames

milka1605

milka1605

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For me it would be a very big experience. But why do you want the pro to tilt you? My dream is to win against the pros.

dunkyhory

dunkyhory

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That's so cool that you got to play against Igor! I have not yet had the pleasure of playing against a pro live or online, but I hope to have this experience soon! One of the reasons why I love poker so much is that any amateur has the opportunity to compete with the pros, unlike every other sport! I hope to one day be seated at a table with Phil Hellmuth and witness him go on mega tilt in person :D

You could be playing vs pros everyday online and not even know it.

kandauroff

kandauroff

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the only pro with whom I would like to play is Tom Dwan

rfbh54

rfbh54

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If I played against the pros, I probably would have depression, fear of playing poker, self-doubt, a lot of psychological problems.

X

xy23

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In my dreams, I crush Tony G and then proceed to sh*t in his mouth.

frank174

frank174

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You must be in a hurry to lose your money playing against pro's ,I liken it to my buddies and I play hockey and were alright untill you line us up to real players and you find out real quick why there pro's and were not,thanks but I'll keep my cash,also any pro you play in micro stakes could care less if they win or lose there just bangin around not playing there A game for sure likely doing it out of obligations not because they want to