Phil Hellmuth leaves UB

wrung24

wrung24

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Wow shocking,

Would love to see him getting ripped apart on some of the high stakes FTP tables !

O

onemorechance

live free or die
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That would be lovely. I would also hope that now that site has no big names they get no new players and eventually die a painful and expensive death.

Extreme Fishing

Extreme Fishing

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In my opinion that was the only good thing about UB.

Colbefc

Colbefc

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It seems I am not the only one on here that
cant stand Phil Helmuth, I just think he is
horrible

I know he has won 9 wsop bracelets and
millions of dollars in money but he is still
horrible and the way he insults other players
when they beat him is disgusting

I have never played on Ultimate Bet, dont know why
but I have never fancied it

Theblueduce

Theblueduce

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
wow...Guess it is time for him to move on as well just like Annie Duke.

N

NFLD_REBEL

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Maybe he will do more poker broadcasting now since he sucks at poker. I guess UB wants to go more with the young blood. I think he should start his own site, he is after all one of the most recognized poker players out there.

M

Marginal

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As much as you dont like the guy, he is a big sign for whoever picks him up

B

BigBelle

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I guess the "celebrity" poker players draw people to check out a site, but I would never choose to play at or deposit at a site because a poker player attaches his name to it.

wrung24

wrung24

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think he should start his own site, he is after all one of the most recognized poker players out there.

That would be some achievement, making a place for yourself in todays market would be tough (especially for such a controversial guy)

arahel_jazz

arahel_jazz

Unbalanced and Committed
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
He had to leave UB so he could do "Dancing with the Stars"... :cool:

TPC

TPC

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just saw this on Phil's Twitter.

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    11.2 KB · Views: 234
nc_royals

nc_royals

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
He's won 11 bracelettes, not 9 as previously stated.

I dont think he'll end up at either FT or PS. Like the article said... I dont think he can play second fiddle at either of these sites.

Goodluck Phil

CheeseConey

CheeseConey

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
He probably won't be without a site for long. I can see the WSOP.com sponsoring him in advance of poker becoming legal in the US.

pcgnome

pcgnome

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
1st it's Helmuth, then it's Annie Duke.

Who will be next? I wonder.

salim271

salim271

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My bet is that we'll be seeing a new poker site soon.

PHP my friends, PHP. Or PBP, I guess.

CoddBrunson

CoddBrunson

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I love people who bad mouth Phil Hellmuth. He's accomplished more in one hand of poker than you will have in your entire lifetime. He can act however he wants to act, as long as he's a multi millionaire, still making money, on tv, and highly entertaining, who gives a crap what he does. His style works for him, and if it hurt your wittle feelings, who cares you're not a fly's fart in the wind to Phil Hellmuth.

More power to ya Phil, good luck wherever you decide to go, or whatever you decide to do.

M

Marginal

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I love people who bad mouth Phil Hellmuth. He's accomplished more in one hand of poker than you will have in your entire lifetime. He can act however he wants to act, as long as he's a multi millionaire, still making money, on tv, and highly entertaining, who gives a crap what he does. His style works for him, and if it hurt your wittle feelings, who cares you're not a fly's fart in the wind to Phil Hellmuth.

More power to ya Phil, good luck wherever you decide to go, or whatever you decide to do.

So if I understand you correctly, you are saying that by making money, you can act however you want just because and nobody can tell you anything because you made money yo.

Makes sense.

darkassassin89

darkassassin89

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
"Its poker man it happens"
Helmuith "To you its poker! To me its my LIFE!"
hahahahhahaha

T

teddykgb47

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

I would say all of this is exactly WHY people bad mouth him... :)

Elie_Yammine

Elie_Yammine

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hate the guy's attitude though can't say he's not one of the best live poker players ever!(though in my opinion not THE best).
As for his leaving the site,one of the "greatest" poker stars out there isn't gonna go long before entering another site or creating one for that matter.

Pokerstudent

Pokerstudent

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
"While Hellmuth is no doubt an instantly recognizable poker personality, Team UB will continue to be stacked with young, aggressive poker professionals who today’s passionate online poker players can really identify with....."

Too Funny.....so just Annie Duke and some internet pros then? With Mr. Sebok taking up the rear?

And BTW, this is a poker site. The word 'donk' should NOT be underlined! lol