acidburnfx

Senior apprentice
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Just for curious!

Anyone have some information ou idea about the percentage of people play profitable poker, for example, at pokerstars?

Best regards! :jd4:

D

Drileris

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I do not think that there is such a statistic available to check for the players. But i am sure that the most of the players who are able to manage their bankroll are profitable players. Of course, there are also such a players who make a deposit and straightly invest their all bankroll in one tourney or cash/zoom games and instantly lose. It's your choise to choose the way.

fubarcdn

fubarcdn

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think 10 is a reasonable guess.
If you knew the actual number it is likely that you would give up your dream of making a living playing because the % that are doing that is likely less than 1%.
It is very hard to do when the house is taking up to 10% of all deposits out of the game.

arizoney

arizoney

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think that only tournament players are tracked as far as wins and money. Most of the profitable players are playing cash which is a lot harder to track. I dont know of any statistics on the cash players. I know thats how it goes for live players. I wonder about how much funds poker stars has of peoples money that has to be kept by them to be accessed by there player base. Oh heck and the profit Poker Stars make just of the interest of those funds i imagine its incredible. I agree with fubarcdn 10% sounds reasonable but it might be less I cant see it being more. Money management is the key to any successful poker pro and money is the reward. Interesting question i wonder what the actual stats would be?

MrPink514

MrPink514

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm not sure if that info is available, but in my opinion I'd say maybe 15-20% of all online players are profitable. But that's just my guess. I would not be surprised at all if the actual number was lower or higher.

S

Stone Cold Tom

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah, it depends. It's different for cash games players and tournament players. But in both cases I would't be surprised if we are talking about a single digit winning players.

wilpinsi

wilpinsi

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
These hard statistics, but I believe it is between 20-25%
also it depends on what game format, and there we will have a different value of statistics.
the end of all that we are few real winners in online poker

F

fabioveigaf

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think well poco , between 15 to 20 % of people playing online

R

rhombus

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
in the past the general consensus seems to be in the 10% ballpark, however the amount that make a living or a decent side income would be about 1-2%.

Not sure if these figures include the rakeback pros who could breakeven at poker but make a decent living with the rakeback, aka supernova/elite although that doesnt exist anymore

vinylspiros

vinylspiros

PIRANHA-------->< (((º>
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
10% maximum imho.

J

joe777

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
IMO it about only 5 percent or maybe less.

lorres1991

lorres1991

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This question is hard to answer, because it can be interpreted many ways. Are you asking what % of people who have played even a single hand of real money online poker ended up with more money than they started with? Are you asking what % of an average tournament is made up of winners?

acidburnfx

acidburnfx

Senior apprentice
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
This question is hard to answer, because it can be interpreted many ways. Are you asking what % of people who have played even a single hand of real money online poker ended up with more money than they started with? Are you asking what % of an average tournament is made up of winners?

Percentage of people play profitable poker (everything in general, tournament or sit&go) at porkerstars, por example, in level worldwide. At sharkscope is possible see some statistics by country, but not the actual percentage. This is the question.

starting_at_the_bottom

starting_at_the_bottom

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would probably estimate

5% Long term winners month on month
35% Short term winners with some ability but mental game / tilt / incorrect BRM means they lose in the long term
60% Losing players

Carl Trooper

Carl Trooper

Degenerate Idiot
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Just me. Everyone else is a loser.

:p

T

trent32la

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
5-10% long term imo. It's very hard to consistently profit over a large sample in any format of poker, the majority of "winning" poker players are likely short term winners.

The percent of players actually making money that would be considered an above-average amount from poker long term has to be under 1%.

ovsleka

ovsleka

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i'm not sure if that info is available,maybe 10-15% of all online players are profitable playing online.

acidburnfx

acidburnfx

Senior apprentice
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
5-10% long term imo. It's very hard to consistently profit over a large sample in any format of poker, the majority of "winning" poker players are likely short term winners.

The percent of players actually making money that would be considered an above-average amount from poker long term has to be under 1%.

Hmmm... this sample with less of 1% it seems to be reasonable and near of the reality. The fact of have incorporated more players, believe that the game stayed much more tight.

J

jerohit

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
there winning money amount shoud be good.. if you say a tournament ITM .. 6 out of 10 is mine means 60%.. but no final tablke in mtt till now no big winnings

K

KALUGAJ

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
SK
Chips
The only sure WINNERS poker room for a few super lucky ones who's obviously must know how to play and when someone thinks it's a simple game to be wrong

X

XUnoMomentoX

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Read the book professional poker player.So he wrote what professionals where 10 % of the total number of players.From 10 % only 1% are the best of the best.

Roman Romanov

Roman Romanov

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have long been resigned to the fact that making poker is nonsense!) I play for fun and waiting for the jackpot tournament