People using the chat box?

K

kidrock1211

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I find that in most games even freerolls people dont chat like they use to unless there mad the it just name calling. i post quite a bit in chat box and almost never get a reply. What do you think are they talking or not??:confused:

cazual88

cazual88

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In some poker rooms are very bad chats in which it is very easy to overlook the messages. I use the chat only in PS, 888 and Titan, but even there I can to miss the messages.

B

bigjay2007

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like the PS chat but often times people are playing multiple tables and either miss or can't respond in time. Also a lot of robot players out there who aren't interested in a little fun or conversation.

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I guess most like just to play only , not chat at the same time... But in some poker rooms the chat box cannot be seen very well or it's not very good to use .

T

Two6JJ

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I stay away from most of the table talk unless it is a CC game or someone is being abusive. Chat just distracts my limited capacity to play this game.

Sakolik029

Sakolik029

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that the chat in online poker it is unnecessary with this chat players can talk what they have the cards in hand

S

Sourtubbie

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You can blame the lack of chat on a few issues and the biggest being English is not the main language of a majority of freeroll players.
Other aspects are to many tables,new to poker,missed chat between hands and the potential to be tilted or distracted.
More nefarious reasons are they are they are cheating and playing multiple accounts at once or using a bot to achieve multi entrants.

poliaris747

poliaris747

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The conversation in the chat during the game a sign of weakness! It is believed that the fish likes to have conversations! Often is stupid and insulting replicas! Do not talk in the chat at the poker table!

Padlington

Padlington

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I use to chat on one of the sites I player on and made some good friends we even meet up for a live game most of them have move on games are a lot faster and many players multitable nowadays only seems like abuse if someone loses

S

sillymunchie

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i also prefer good chat at the tables, especvially during deep tournaments, were there for 3-4 hours, and silence for that long a time is sometimes hard, nothing beats a good chat at the table as long as your not giving free info away.

EllyWriter

EllyWriter

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
The only time i use the chat option is during CC Freerolls. In all others, I keep the box set to details of the tourney. My position and active players still in it.

smallfrie

smallfrie

Lucky Ducky
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
The majority of the time I am playing I am doing a lot of other things online as well as usually watching tv so with a small chat box and fast scrolling I usually don't catch a lot of chat.

BLACKSOLDIER

BLACKSOLDIER

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Maybe people are on tablets or phones and find it difficult to respond while on multi table I know my desktop key boards pooched so it's not easy to chat

D

Dan Perkins

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
chat box

I use the chat box very rarely. I find that people are to wrapped up in the game to talk. I believe the ones that talk a lot do so to maybe throw you off your game.

Gabinho12345

Gabinho12345

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If someone is playing multiple tables, he doesn't have time to type in chat.

savaxz

savaxz

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like to use chat box. Сommunication distract from the game

R

Running Nose II

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Chat tends to detract from your concentration. In mosy online sites you can silence them if you don't want chat.

B

bstest

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's hard to chat when playing multiple games. Also chat can be so boring or annoying. I know that because I have a bad tendency to chat when I am exhausted.

L

Lincon

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I avoid talking if anyone bothering whole game I start talking.

Last edited:
SaintNick1968

SaintNick1968

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I generally play 6 tables at a time but I still sometimes chat on pokerstars, some people are quite friendly. Not really to gain an edge or anything, more just to have a fun time and chat about stuff if people want to. That said I've probable blocked more peoples chat than I've talked to, I hate it when people complain about bad beats in the box or when they name call or whatever. Also I recently had a bunch of pro Trump players talking about Muslims... that was pretty depressing and put me off chat for a bit :(

Anyway the point was I was trying to say that I think chat is a good thing generally
:)

Syltan

Syltan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am among those who do not respond in the chat, do not consider it necessary, only in rare cases when with friends.

YoSoyMarce

YoSoyMarce

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I always talk in the chat excessively i do like kassouf in the wsop and players hate it :D

SaintNick1968

SaintNick1968

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I always talk in the chat excessively i do like kassouf in the wsop and players hate it :D

I don't think that the whole online Kassouf thing would work so well. How can you **** people off and distract them when they can block you within a second and never have to hear your smirky British voice again 😛

R

ritehere

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
been a really long time since I've seen anyone post anything in the chat box.

A

AlbieTross

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I rarely chat because in most sites I play at, the chats aren't even ever read by anyone.