PAY ATTENTION TO STEAM POINT $$$

D

Dayne G.

Total posts
$60/120 yesterday.

Villain is tight, but "TILTY!" He currently has 4 racks ($8000) in front of him, but I knew that his STEAM POINT was at 2 bad beats (he already had 1 against him... so he was ready to blow). If I could give him one more, those chips in front of him would definitely start flying :D .

Villain raises UTG, folded to me OTB. I 3-bet w/ 6,3o. He just calls (that was a good sign for me, because he'd definitely capitola w/ huge hand).

Flop
A,9,2 rainbow.

He fires, I raise, he 3-bets... I gulp... then CALL! His 3-bet wasn't gr8 for me, but he's capable of re-testing my flop raise.

Turn
J {A,9,2}

He checks... "HUH????" I think to myself (really strange line for him) :confused: ... I bet, he raises (oh crap, but I'm committed to testing his steam point. I want those tilty-chips) , I 3-BET!!!!!!!!

He doesn't make a move for what seemed like 10 minutes... then mucks pocket 10's face-up. I FLIP OVER 6,3o... and proceed to scoop 3 of his 4 racks in less than hour-and-half! :D :D :D

Always pay attention.

Good luck,
Dayne

Last edited:
K

Kennyseven

Visionary
Total posts
Hey Dayne....do you play online or off? Also wondering what kind of bankroll you need to play the limits you play.

D

Dayne G.

Total posts
Hey Dayne....do you play online or off? Also wondering what kind of bankroll you need to play the limits you play.

I've gone back and forth... but currently 80% live. Online bores the :eek: out of me. I can't play very high online, cause I've had trouble depositing.

There have been so many different opinions about BR requirements, but I've finally realized: The more I have... the better I play.

I always have minimum 450 BB's avail. after buy-in. That's just makes me comfortable, where I can make stupid plays w/ 6-high... and not worry about spewage :D

I have friends that can play gr8 w/ 250, although they're always "walking the line" of moving down.