Patience is a virtue.

I

Ianmacca99

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just wondering how people deal with being patient and disciplined for long periods. I seem to play well and make some money or build a stack in tourneys then can become bored of folding for what seems like hours then start to open trash hands or 3 bet with speculative hands. Do you think it's best to end your session if it's cash when you start to play this way ?

A

azoppina609

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, and boredom is a b****. This is my biggest problem and something i work on daily to be a better poker player!

Gaviria8

Gaviria8

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you start playing this way that's obvious you need to run out!

MattRyder

MattRyder

🍏 Tech That Works!
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Absolutely, assuming you're talking about cash games. That's one of the biggest advantages - you start and stop when you want.

grumblbrumbl

grumblbrumbl

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In poker important discipline. You need to stick to their game plan before the end of the tournament. Not worth it because of the emotion start to perform with weak hands. This should be done only when you believe in yourself.

5pAce_C0wb0y

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you're getting bored in between playable hands your not paying enough attention to what your opponents are doing

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I always stop playing when I get bored. Why engage in a boring affair if you can do something else?

howiefig

howiefig

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.87)]I have that problem of getting bored but most of all in the tournaments and more when I only get bad combinations for example j-3, 2-8, 10-3 and many more that make you want to run[/COLOR]​

VivicvrMga

VivicvrMga

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
play more tables in tournaments so you do not get bored. and keep one-hour cash sessions playing more than one table.
Maybe it helps with me it works

V

Vasilii813

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Message '3

Yes there is, and in my last tournament I had an average stack up to the prize Stavelot a hundred places I went VA Bank ACE ten offsuit from early position and I was Sakaliba people with a pair of jacks and I'm out. Played two hours before with these cards in the early General did count if there was a high raise threw. Sat and thought what made me go VA Bank now understood the tiredness.

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi.
No doubt, if you lack patience, then you better not start playing poker. I believe that patience is a key skill for an effective game.
Good luck.

P

paapcity

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When im getting bored, i open 1 or 2 tables more.
But to stay focussed i dont open more then 4 tables

I

Ianmacca99

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi.
No doubt, if you lack patience, then you better not start playing poker. I believe that patience is a key skill for an effective game.
Good luck.
It's only at certain times I've found this to be an issue and usually when I'm not picking up hands for eternity I played a tourney last week and I've never seen 7 4 . 9 4 off suit as much in my life every hand seemed to be this holding. When I'm having a deep run this is not an issue as i can focus then but when the tourneys have a slow structure or I'm not picking up hands forever it's easy to get distracted think I may try opening another table as I usually play 2 but will try 3

Last edited:
W

williamsc99

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it is certainly not good to play without patience, but there are situations like in a tournament where you will have to admit this lack of patience because you can not leave a tournament for a long time without losing part of your stack, better manage these situations

R

redmast

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You need to think in advance and set yourself up for the game. If you can't bear the race, then why waste time.

vov4ik

vov4ik

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think and know that patience and discipline are very important factors and you should try to play with patience until the end of the session and try to get good prizes!

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CR
Chips
It is proven that patience is fundamental when you play poker .... But how to deal with that time where you do not have participation because you do not get good hands? How to do to not get bored at times like these?
We are clear that when we play poker we want to be in action at every moment ... So in my personal case what I do is play in four tables ... Sometimes I play in two cash tables and two tournaments at the same time. .. so I practically have action constantly either at a table or another ...!

S

successlaw

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well i think patience is a power and you are born with that. During life some of us lose this power.

Regarding poker game , when i feel bored and frustrated i end session fast and i come back later.

Good luck

J

jekan85

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
patience is one of the main factors in poker performance

damgold

damgold

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think when it comes to this situation it is best to end the section if not you will end up losing money.

muse713

muse713

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Its definitely best to end the session. I generally multi table when I am feeling bored or play a free roll. Lately I've been doing some exercise when boredom starts to set in.

krisi77

krisi77

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The patience is one of the basic characteristics which a poker player needs to have to be good. The bad thing is (for me) that this quality is often depending on my mood and if im in a bad one - the game doesn't go well.

MikeCarasone

MikeCarasone

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The discipline to have patience is one of the most important qualities of a good poker player. Playing multiple tables (if online) is one way to combat boredom. Study the surrounding players successful and creative plays. You can learn something every hand.