paranoia or just real bad luck

fizban4321

fizban4321

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
About 3 months ago I decided to open up a pokerstars account with a 100bucks, this is the first time playing online, I've played real life before so not a total noob to poker and had a little understanding of the game going in. So I thought, I quickly burned through my first $50 trying everything from micro ring games to micro sng's to tourneys to low limit rings and tourneys, and MTT's, I quickly realized what a diffrent animal online is to real life playing as far as reads and just plain numb skulls sucking you out, So I went on a research hunt to find out good strategies for online gaming read tons of info online and watched tons of youtube video's to realize I need to tighten my game up big time. So I did and became alot more disaplined, but I was still not winning, I reduced myself to playing the .10 360player tourneys and I stayed lvl with my remaining bankroll but wasn't going anywhere and wasting tons of time doing it. I could only cashout maybe 1outa 10 at this lvl playing even my tight agreesive strategy, so I decided to add 50 more to my account and jump up to the 1.10 9 man sng's since there is a 1 outa 3 chance of making money and decided to start recording how i was losing, not that I allready had an Idea of how but wanted to make sure I wasn't making things up in my head, and what I proved to myself is I was taking bad beat after bad beat after bad beat, I would have strong starting hands and it wouldn't matter someone would allways catch thier one outter on the river, i could flop a set or a straight and it wouldn't matter time and time again the low percantage out for the other guy would hit on fourth street or the river,the river mostly it amazes me how many outs hit on the river @ pokerstars, One recent example happened last night, I limp into a pot with K/Q flop comes Jh 10s As I make a big raise everyone in folds one guy shoves allin thinking he must have a set and I have him beat with high straight I call he turns over 2c and 9s turn comes 6s river 3s the guy catchs a flush to beat my straight. I started out felling major frustation to now it has become comical and I excpect the bad beat to happen and it does 80to 85% of the time, I would get called with trash hands or decent hands it wouldn't matter and they would suck out time after time then I started noticing that about 90% of the time this would happen against someone who had a higher vip status then me, So now my mind it just in a swone about pokerstars integrity. So I tried another site to see if I'm just plain unlucky and paranoid or what, I opened an absolute poker acoount with 25bucks last week, In the 3months and upto now a 225 dollar investment @pokerstars playing every single night for a couple hours the best I ever did was 2nd about 4 times, the first night @absolute very 1st 45man sng I won it the second 9 man I won it, in a week @ absolute I have won about a dozen 9mans and cashed in half playing the same exact strategy. I would have pokerstars open at the sametime playing side by side and still having the bad luck. So I guess my question now is has anyone else had this kinda of experience @ pokerstars or did I just start out on the wrong foot with them and had a real real bad run for the 1st 3 months? And any advice on what I should do besides completlly shutting down my pokerstars acoount.

cstorms

cstorms

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Definitely paranoia. Poker is a game that can turn on you in an instant. I think Doyle Brunson said something like, it helps to be lucky, but its even more important to not be unlucky. I have flopped a straight many times only to have it beaten by runner runner flush or full house. This is just the nature of the beast. Those people who call when you have the nuts and suck out, are the same people who make poker profitable for those who actually know what they are doing. If you are winning on another site, stick with what works. If you continue to lose, you need to rethink your strategy.

JOEBOB69

JOEBOB69

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Don't know but write every thing down.Istead of saying they get there 90% of the time.Keep track of every time they got lucky 1,2,3 outers an every time they didn't.every time you got lucky every time u didn't etc.I've been doing this for about 13k hands now with all in preflops either called or pushed.I'm going to give it a few more thousand hands but mine are way off what they should right now.

B

Brad_Newf

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
There's many ways to look at this, you could think you are having a bad couple of months of luck and take a few months off. Then there is also a way of thinking that I developed, which is you have to believe in yourself, adapt when you feel your style isn't working or doesn't feel good and stick with it.

Its all up to your mindset and luck really.

J

JEP712

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The integrity of the game engine on reputable sites like Full Tilt, PokerStars, ect are solid. You are not getting "cheated".

fizban4321

fizban4321

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
UPDATE: this is pretty funny the very night after i post this thread I jump into .25 90man at stars (my acount down to chump change 5.45) just for sh1ts and giggles and I win in it! go figure, maybe thats the start of aturn around, thx for replies didn't really want to believe the site was bad probally just human nature taking over after the countinually bad beats. think i'll just stay @ the micro limits for now and see if I can build a bank roll I'm only 10pts from a 10dollar bonus anyway.

L

LarryT503

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Glad to hear you won, however, want to encourage you to put most of your effort into where you are having the most success. Build the bankroll at AP, play Pokerstars less unless you see a lasting change in your game there.

S

swingro

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Is paranoia. It happened to me a lot at times, 1 mounth of "unlucky strike". The fact is after studying what i had done ... i saw just the fact i played bad pocker. U just have been challenged by donkey players that got lucky. Remember that if u play micros or small sg u are not playing reasonable persons , U play with a lot of begginers who play mostly by luck. If u do not belive that .. try watching some tables and count the donkeys and their winning hans. What 've been able to see is that ppl with no knowlege of poker go all in with the big hands and become calling stations when they expect someting to come on the turn or the river. Sometimes u get unluky ... but if u think u have the best hand try milking them every time, and if u miss the flop or if u are in a draw do not try to put all of your money in even if u know u have the best percentage of winning after the flop . On the long run u will cash in and the donkeys will think they are not lucky enough. I have not put a dollar from my money in the account. I won a lot of freerols , I won houndreds of dollars .. and lost all of them just because i played bad pocker not cose i was unluky. Good players are the one that have the most important quallity. Patience. Patience to get over the "unlucky strike". Patience and self control to not get tilted. That is by theory :) I get tilted a lot :) Maybe i need more experience.

Weregoat

Weregoat

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I read half of the post. Spelling and formatting are your friend.

fizban4321

fizban4321

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
lmao how many times do you read posts and write that same message get over it mr perfect nobody cares about punctiation and grammer when posting especially long ones I love people like you that have to continually post things like that after another post get a life or go teach where someone cares.

M

marioleal

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree. I know professionals who play 50k hands only breaking even for stretches. Variance is tough and can last a LONG time. Hang in there.