Status
Not open for further replies.
vanquish

vanquish

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So I wonder when we'll get our moniez back from Estelle...

stormswa

stormswa

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

hell we dont even know how much we are due since there was no running tally on this.....:rolleyes:

I kinda gave up on it and put it down as bad investment.

Mojomax747

Mojomax747

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me its all about closure.

The sooner it gets done, complete, finished, etc etc etc etc the better.

Then maybe all the negativity ( from me ) can go away.

Almost from the get go cardschat related stakes were stopped and im fine with that.

So for this to still be around a quarter of a year later without resolution is at best, pitiful.

So as far as I am concerned, the sooner this gets out of the way the better, we can all move on then and forget about it.

Until that time though, you will probably still see me posting about it.

J

joeeagles

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Until that time though, you will probably still see me posting about it.

Hey Mojomax, where have you been? I hope everything is OK, haven't seen you post in a while. I kind of miss reading your stuff. I'm hoping you've been laying on some exotic beach sipping pinacoladas all summer :) , and now you'll be around again and posting more often.

rob5775

rob5775

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Dude, I wrote this off about 3 months ago... as Brian said, just a bad investment. This thread is a joke now.

Dorkus Malorkus

Dorkus Malorkus

HELLO INTERNET
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
They squashed the staking threads almost right after they started. Probably because the mods are wise enough to know that things like this would be a possibility.

<3

I don't really consider it 'wise', per se, it's more common sense than anything that a large proportion of these threads would culminate in conflict.

The vast majority of our member base is made up of less experienced players who may not know exactly what is expected of a stakee because they've never been involved in staking deals before on either side. Not that this forms any sort of justification for the lack of information provided here, but it's a reason why this sort of thread would not have been a one off should they have been allowed to continue.

Plus the obvious scam potential, of course.

J

joeeagles

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So you wrote Estelle off in three weeks?

Seems like Rob knew better, didn't he? And so did the mods of course in stopping this before it got any worse. It comes to show that you should always think twice before labeling someone as a party pooper.

Honestly, at first I thought it was wrong to not allow these, because staking has long been a practice in poker at all levels, and what better place than a forum to start one? It sounded brilliant. I was thinking in time to do one myself after this and Brian's were finished, mostly because I pictured it being fun playing with a group of (possibly) trash-talking railers, but then it was said these threads weren't allowed. I didn't express it at the time, but I disagreed with that decision, mostly because nobody was making CC responsible in any way, shape or form. In hindsight though, they knew better than me.

BTW pigpen, your signature seems pretty appropriate to this thread ;) .

Mojomax747

Mojomax747

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The money side of things were never an issue for me personally, if it were I wouldn't have invested in the 1st place.

About once a month for 3 months I posted in this thread to find out what was happening with the venture.

Anyone with time on their hands can read about the way things have unfolded, connecting dates etc.

The horse largely ignored most of my posts, I know this because I watched the horse read them soon after I posted them.

I am not connecting cardschat with any of this in any way, and agree it was a wise decision to drop it almost from the start.

I have never mentioned money up to this point once the backers were agreed and set up, and I haven't bashed the horse ( IMO ) in any derogatory way.

What I do find very poor though, is the fact that the horse came looking for backers, with wonderful intension's and solid set ups etc, only to treat those who backed her the way she has up till this point.

For me personally, any redemption and/or forthcoming excuses and so on, will be far to little and far to late.

On a lighter note, hi there Joeeagles, long time no speak.

It's good he hear from you once again, yes I have been very busy.

All I will say at this point is, the beaches and cocktails were not the highlights of my absence, but they sure helped.;)

PokerProBetZip

PokerProBetZip

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Amazing how agitated some of you seem to get over $10. The time thing would sort of do it for me, but I still think that since its only $10 I would be like " Just bloody get it done as quick as you can". Then politely say "thank you" for the marginal profits.

vanquish

vanquish

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Amazing how agitated some of you seem to get over $10. The time thing would sort of do it for me, but I still think that since its only $10 I would be like " Just bloody get it done as quick as you can". Then politely say "thank you" for the marginal profits.

It's not about the amount.

Flops'm&Bets'm

Flops'm&Bets'm

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's not about the amount.
It is about the integrity of the community, and the deal.
Not about the money in as much as getting the buy-in back as a break-even is consolation for the Bigger disappointment of abandonment.
Rather than the purpose for which it was intended.
To view, rail, cheer, root, and anticipate a fellow member doing well.
~Crux of the matter~since I have followed it along the way.

rob5775

rob5775

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So you wrote Estelle off in three weeks?

Go back and look through the thread. Have you ever staked anyone? This is very atypical for that kind of transaction. When you complete 4 tourneys with no HH in one day(unannounced), then take a mysterious leave... at that point I was over it. I had never seen someone do that with stakers. And yes, that was about three weeks in.

Hard to tell if you are trying to be clever or trying to make people look foolish. Either way, you fail miserably. I'm sooo over this thread:rolleyes: ... as Van said it ain't about the money peoples.

slowpoke

slowpoke

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Estelle coul I have your smile if we get to chose which part we want? It's amazing :)

111-THEMAD-111

111-THEMAD-111

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Monies are sent.

This should be fun, like I told Storm, let us know when your playing and maybe we can rail you.

Pokerstars name: Sammyv1(Shelby Township)
Hey Sammy I work in Harrison Twp..............

pigpen02

pigpen02

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Go back and look through the thread. Have you ever staked anyone? This is very atypical for that kind of transaction. When you complete 4 tourneys with no HH in one day(unannounced), then take a mysterious leave... at that point I was over it. I had never seen someone do that with stakers. And yes, that was about three weeks in.

Hard to tell if you are trying to be clever or trying to make people look foolish. Either way, you fail miserably. I'm sooo over this thread:rolleyes: ... as Van said it ain't about the money peoples.

I have never staked anyone so was interested in this thread. I wasn't trying to be clever OR trying to make anybody look foolish. I now see, from your explaination, why three weeks was enough.

hott_estelle

hott_estelle

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have not read all the posts that have been made the past few weeks in this thread or any other thread.

I have been dealing with some personal things in my life that have come up, that I don't really feel at the liberty to discuss here. Just going through a difficult time, and I have not had much time the past few weeks. I am not back in Vegas, had to fly somewhere else do to the event that occurred.

I have not been on the internet since a few weeks ago, I really did not have time to go online since my last post. I'm really sorry you guys didn't hear anything from me about this since then. I really truly am.

I have sent $15 to everyone's accounts that were apart of this backing deal. 12 people backed me for $10 a piece = $120. After getting back the $120, each backer would receive 5% of my winnings from then on in MTTs. The final number was almost $100 more, I rounded it up to $100 more. 5% of 100 was $5 more in addition to the original $10 investment. So I sent $15 to everyone.

I'm really sorry about how things ended up, about how long it took, and the lack of money returned.

I really had planned to give it a lot more time for you guys, as you all know I didn't do this to get money, but to win some money for the people on this forum that I have gotten to know and love. I really wanted to play some big MTTs for you guys, especially those with smaller BRs that normally don't have a chance at such big prizepools, but because of the way my schedule turned out I never had a chance to play more than a few Bonus MTTs and not many of the higher buyin events. I was expecting a big cash within 20 MTTs, but never worked out that way, just never had the time to play extra events.

Before I started this, when I was back home in Vegas, I had so much more time and I definitely was playing online a lot. So I figured I would be able to have the same amount of time, even though I was moving to NYC for a few months. Obviously, it didn't work out like that, and I was a lot more busier than I thought I would be at my new job. I'm sorry once again, I really just didn't judge the situation as well as I thought I had.

Also, I did not expect an event that has taken place in my life to arise, like it did a few weeks back, that would effect me as much as it has and take up all of my time for these past few weeks as it has.

I'm sorry for all the trouble this has caused the ones involved. This was just a situation that just came up, and I couldn't do anything about it.

EDIT: Only person I did not send to yet, was the person who signed up last, I believe the name was something like "gamedemon." I don't know the exact name you sent me the money with, who you are, or the place that is stated on your PS account. I don't want to accidentally send your $15 to someone else. So please whenever you see this, repost your PS ID on here, and place that is stated on the PS account, just do it whenever you see this, and I'll send you the money I owe you. I have sent everyone else their $15.

Last edited:
Dorkus Malorkus

Dorkus Malorkus

HELLO INTERNET
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think we're done here, locking this now.

EDIT: Only person I did not send to yet, was the person who signed up last, I believe the name was something like "gamedemon." I don't know the exact name you sent me the money with, who you are, or the place that is stated on your PS account. I don't want to accidentally send your $15 to someone else. So please whenever you see this, repost your PS ID on here, and place that is stated on the PS account, just do it whenever you see this, and I'll send you the money I owe you. I have sent everyone else their $15.

Whoever you are, drop Estelle a PM to sort this.

Or Estelle, you could probably ask Stars support for details of who sent you the stake if you give them a rough date and name (obv the transaction history in the cashier section only goes back 60 days but they will have a log of all transactions on your account).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Poker Tells