Status
Not open for further replies.
hott_estelle

hott_estelle

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not in creative mood, didn't want to make up a new title from Storm's because of that, and also to keep it the same as his so that people that were interested in it can keep track of both threads easily. Anyways, I'm selling shares for MTTs that I play in, and anyone interesting in becoming a backer just read the info below.

I had a similar idea’s to Stormswa’s (for more info look here for his thread https://www.cardschat.com/forum/general-poker-13/own-piece-stormswa-85821/index2.html) before he posted his thread, but never got around to posting it because I was busy, ect, and didn’t know if it was OK with forum rules. Anyways, since JD gave the OK so far, and it doesn’t seem to be out of line, I decided to start up my own thing. Storms says he doesn’t have a problem with me just using his system so that’s what I’ll do. This is the deal:

What I propose it will cost you $10 to own 5% of my play through 10 $5 tournaments. If I get more then 5 backers then the amount of tourneys go up. With 5 backers that puts the total of tourney buyins up to 10 with each additional backer after 5 you add 2 tourneys. So if we do the math with 10 backers you will get a piece of me through 20 different tourneys. I cap the shares at 10 because I want 50% for myself and only 1 share for person so everyone has a chance to get one, if they dont all sell out I will offer multiple ones.

oh yea this is on pokerstars also.

BONUS: you are going to own me through the whole series so any tourneys (strictly MTTS for me, don’t know if storms is including SNGs, but I’m just including MTTs) I play during that series is also added in the backing. Let me explain so say I have not completed all the tourneys in said agreement. If I happen to join a $3 buy in event and make say 1k in it then you would get 5% of that event also. So you see with your $10 investment in me you could in theory end up getting way way over 20 tourneys.

Im only offering this to cardschat people right now but If I don't sell out 10 shares then I will offer them to other forums I frequent. I would rather not because I would like to keep it on cardschat exclusively.

if you are interested in this send $10 to hott_estelle (Las Vegas) on pokerstars and leave a message in this thread saying you sent. When money is received I will leave a message here and add your name to the list.

Im closing this and starting in 1 week or when it sells out whichever comes 1st.
I think I pretty much have covered everything but if you have any questions please ask me or storms about the system.
I think everything there is pretty self explanatory. I will be posting a thread once I start playing MTTs for this, with updates on each tournament I play so you guys can keep track of my play and rail me if you want. Anything else you guys need to know, just PM me on here or instant message me on yahoo at hott_estelle as the ID.

hott_estelle

hott_estelle

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
List of Owners

1. JD Old Num 7 (Carol Stream) = Owns 1 Share

Also, I think its a good idea for buyers to also post their pokerstars ID name and where it says they're from. I don't know if Storms did this but it would be easier to keep track of all the buyers. Just 1 share per person at the moment (more possibly if I don't get the max) and I will add your name to the list once I get the money transfer.

I'll probably start playing the series of MTTs for the backers in about a week or so, once everything gets set.

Last edited:
Jack Daniels

Jack Daniels

Charcoal Mellowed
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
And just for the record, just as I said in Stormswa's thread, the following items apply...

Caveat Post 1

Caveat Post 2

Read'em both and if you remember nothing else, remember this...CardsChat/Admin/Mods are not responsible for anything to do with these equity sales. Buyer assumes all risks.

pokernut

pokernut

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Backing Storm, might as well back you also.

Sending now - STLPokaWiz (ofallon)

hott_estelle

hott_estelle

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
And just for the record, just as I said in Stormswa's thread, the following items apply...

Caveat Post 1

Caveat Post 2

Read'em both and if you remember nothing else, remember this...CardsChat/Admin/Mods are not responsible for anything to do with these equity sales. Buyer assumes all risks.

Yes, thanks for posting that JD.

Also, to clarify, I am not doing this because I need money. I don't need the backers. I have a large enough BR, both online and live combined, and usually play at much larger stakes (normally $11-$33 online, mainly $50-$100 MAX Cash Tables, and even higher live) so I will be perfectly comfortable playing at $5 MTT levels. I will not be playing with "desperate money," like some people do with backers, because the backer based money is their entire BR--which I believe makes them not play their best style of play and play worse than they normally do. I will be playing my style of play, and be comfortable playing.

I was planning on doing something like this at $11 MTTs, instead of the $5, but I just decided to use Storm's system for now and stick with $5 this time. If I do this again, and there are enough people that are willing to own shares at $20, then I will do it again at that price and play $11 MTTs.

Main reason I'm doing this is because I have done it before, live that is, and it gets my competitive side going. I definitely like playing to earn someone money as well as myself, and most of the time playing for backers makes me play my best game because I am completely attentive to the table, just playing that single table instead of multi-tabling because I want to give my backers my best possible play, and also not doing others things like work, watching TV, ect while playing.

I know a lot of you know that I play online poker while working at times, but I will not do that for this backer based series of MTTs. I will strictly play when I can give my full attention to the tourney.

Last edited:
hott_estelle

hott_estelle

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
List of Owners

2. STLPokaWiz (ofallon) = Owns 1 Share

Stefanicov

Stefanicov

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
so let me get this rite u have to win 200 bucks for me to get my stak back

vanquish

vanquish

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
$10 sent - vanquish331

hott_estelle

hott_estelle

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
List of Owners

3. vanquish331 (from ??) = Owns 1 Share

hott_estelle

hott_estelle

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
so let me get this rite u have to win 200 bucks for me to get my stak back

No, if I get the full 10 backers, I would need to win $100 in profits for you to get your stake back, and that is $100 in 20 MTTs, and maybe more depending on if I play any MTTs during the time I'm playing the series of MTTs for my backers (check bonus in OP for info on that).

Dorkus Malorkus

Dorkus Malorkus

HELLO INTERNET
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
*insert dirty joke about owning a piece of estelle here*

c/p from other thread

Just a brief note regarding these threads.

They're okay for now, pending further mod discussion. It's highly unlikely that the threads running at the moment (storms, Estelle) will be removed whetever we decide, simply because it would be highly inconvenient for the people involved (and because they weren't 'officially' against the rules at the time), but we may decide that any further threads will be removed.

Jack Daniels

Jack Daniels

Charcoal Mellowed
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Right, because like Stormswa, you're not taking a profit until after the backers are paid off. So the first $100 in winnings pays off the backers (as equally as possible I'm guessing), then everything after that is 50% to you, 5% to each of the backers.

hott_estelle

hott_estelle

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
*insert dirty joke about owning a piece of estelle here*

Oh gosh, lol. Go post your dirty jokes about stormswa as well Chris.

c/p from other thread

Just a brief note regarding these threads.

They're okay for now, pending further mod discussion. It's highly unlikely that the threads running at the moment (storms, Estelle) will be removed whetever we decide, simply because it would be highly inconvenient for the people involved (and because they weren't 'officially' against the rules at the time), but we may decide that any further threads will be removed.

This is why I didn't post anything like this until now, I get your point though, absolutely should be discussed with mods.

But you're saying mine and stormswa's posts/backers are OK for this time for sure right? Just to clear it up for the other people who will want to become a backer in this.

hott_estelle

hott_estelle

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Right, because like Stormswa, you're not taking a profit until after the backers are paid off. So the first $100 in winnings pays off the backers (as equally as possible I'm guessing), then everything after that is 50% to you, 5% to each of the backers.

Yea, that about covers it, pay off backers first, then do the whole 5% deal.

Kenzie 96

Kenzie 96

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Somehow missed Storms thread & like Chris was incredibly disappointed to read what this was actually about. Haven't been this disappointed since BBB told me which team she played for.

Sammyv1

Sammyv1

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Monies are sent.

This should be fun, like I told Storm, let us know when your playing and maybe we can rail you.

Pokerstars name: Sammyv1(Shelby Township)

hott_estelle

hott_estelle

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Somehow missed Storms thread & like Chris was incredibly disappointed to read what this was actually about. Haven't been this disappointed since BBB told me which team she played for.

Sorry to disappoint, Kenz. I can't do anything to control a guy's mind (or corrupt and dirty mind).

Monies are sent.

This should be fun, like I told Storm, let us know when your playing and maybe we can rail you.

Pokerstars name: Sammyv1(Shelby Township)

List of Owners

3. vanquish331 (from ??) = Owns 1 Share

4. Sammyv1(Shelby Township) = Owns 1 Share

Yea, I posted that above Sammy. I thought it would be a good idea to post a thread about the tourneys I play in to keep track of my play and rail me if you want. Once it gets all set up and I play the first MTT for the series, I'll start a thread for it.

vanquish

vanquish

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Oh, vanquish331 is from Newton

hott_estelle

hott_estelle

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
List of Owners

3. vanquish331 (Newton) = Owns 1 Share

4. Sammyv1(Shelby Township) = Owns 1 Share

UPDATED, thanks.

Welly

Welly

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Neverbeg comes to Cardschat.

Dorkus Malorkus

Dorkus Malorkus

HELLO INTERNET
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
But you're saying mine and stormswa's posts/backers are OK for this time for sure right? Just to clear it up for the other people who will want to become a backer in this.

Confirmed it's fine, so enjoy~

reglardave

reglardave

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Gotta side w/ Kenz and Dorkus; CCs dirty old men of all ages are down in the mouth right about now.:( :eek: :rolleyes:

joosebuck

joosebuck

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i'm in. and gd chris, i was gonna post a dirty quip at estelle as well.

sent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Poker Tells