Online patience ve live patience

S

Stihlhere

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well if i am gonna be going to my den and trying to free roll my way to the bracelets i need something else to occupy my mind or bang wainting for the next one lucky for me youtube is always playing in a side window on my screen..... But what about live what do you do?

M

matnautico

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah, definetily easier to be patient online. You should maybe do some table talk so you dont make impatient moves live? I dont really know, just try to create a fun environment.

Delenia

Delenia

Community Guide
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
In a live game you spend more time observing the other players and watching for tells. But it can get very boring. I am use to playing several games at a time online, so to just be playing one game can be very boring. I do see a lot of people listening to music, you might try that.

G

Gangsta1394

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I prefer the live game because it's a more social environment and people make more mistakes live. That said the game moves much slower. But that's where the social aspect comes in. Plus, the recreational players won't be looking to take your stack if you are nice with them and personable. Meanwhile you can max value the hell out of them

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yeah don't be afraid to engage with the other players at the table when you're playing live. Managing your image is a whole other thing you have to do live that you don't even think about online. That doesn't mean you have to be yapping away the whole time, but it generally helps to cultivate at least an affable / likeable persona. If you're the antisocial guy that avoids talking to anyone and rarely plays hands the other players will pick up on that quickly and it can make it hard to get paid when you have a big hand.

Plus you'll be watching the action of the other players, looking for tells or betting patterns, and there's all sorts of other stuff that'll be occupying your mind on a constant basis live that you just take for granted online such as keeping track of pot and stack sizes: live poker doesn't have a HUD so you actually have to think about that stuff.

Aside from that, why is it you think all live poker players shuffle their chips incessantly? Gotta kill the rest of the time doing something :p

D

dakid

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Online I tend to play multiple tables, keeps me patient. Live, I gotta have music or something.

nutthink

nutthink

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i never play live but what i see in tv its very very hard to be patience in live.. if you dont know how to bluff better dont play live bcouse you cant always fold your hannd and sometime you dont get good card for long time.. if you patience enough then goodluck...

S

SweatPea

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i find it easier to be patient live, online i get bored being contained to a screen it bugs me.. live is just a better envoirment for me.

Jauheni Danilenka

Jauheni Danilenka

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Play live with other people easier. But time requires much more, as there is already noticed. I am for live poker, though usually play online.

M

matiascecci1990

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In a live tournament u should to spend free time to know table opponents,

Doblador bus

Doblador bus

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it takes patience in all types of game is one of the virtues that ay to have to achieve good results

A

adrianB1989

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
online patience it's harder...when you play live you can see the players you analyse them and you don't get bored.when you play online you tend to be unpatient and your game can be afected much more easy

Organize a Home Poker Game