Online Gambling Legalised in Washington!!!!

dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
1 down, 5 or 6 to go!

Nevada still irks me.......

Four Dogs

Four Dogs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
So, you can't gamble, or install software for the purpose of gambling, unless, you're doing it in your own home for recreational purposes? That's quite a loophole. That would cover just about everyone here.

M

mischman

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i dont want to download anything, someone give me a link to some article.

t1riel

t1riel

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well, that's definitely a step in the right direction. Thanks for the news flash Nick!:D

buckster436

buckster436

Cardschat Hall of Famer - RIP Buck
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Guess theres still hope for us USA players>>>>>>>>>> buck:D Thanks Nick

beardyian

beardyian

Scary Clown
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Every long journey starts with a single step :)

wsorbust

wsorbust

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
IMO. Bunch of F'ups. Make it illegal, then when they know everyone's doing it anyway and they can't to a damn thing about it, make it (sort of) legal.

dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Having just read that bill, I realized that CC will have to block all Washington residents, or Nick will never be able to vist the state of Washington.

I think he makes an income from this site, and that would make it a class c felony in Washington.

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Having just read that bill, I realized that CC will have to block all Washington residents, or Nick will never be able to vist the state of Washington.

I think he makes an income from this site, and that would make it a class c felony in Washington.

Nick is not a resident of Washington and I am sure he can have fun in 49 other states if he ever comes over. (Just come to Atlanta Nick)

Lo-Dog

Lo-Dog

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Nick is not a resident of Washington and I am sure he can have fun in 49 other states if he ever comes over. (Just come to Atlanta Nick)

Neither are the the guys from neteller or the owner of bodog who is a wanted man in the states or anyone else that has been arrested.:eek:

Beavis68

Beavis68

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So, you can't gamble, or install software for the purpose of gambling, unless, you're doing it in your own home for recreational purposes? That's quite a loophole. That would cover just about everyone here.

it is not a loophole, it is intentional. The bill aims to make it illegal to run a business placing bets for others, but not to stop individuals.

Nick

Nick

CC
Administrator
Total posts
Chips
I highly doubt I'll ever visit Washington anyway, but it only applies to people who live in that state really. I know one guy who lived in Washington who ran a poker site and the feds took his site down.

It's not feasible to expect site owners to block people from just one state in the whole world. That's ridiculous and would never happen.

roundcat

roundcat

Creature of leisure
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Nick, I could kiss you! But you'd have to come to Washington for it. ;)

I should go have a fancy lunch to celebrate the fact that I'm not a felon anymore.

:party:

Does this mean I no longer have to tell people I'm in "far northern Oregon" or "far southern canada?" :p

Related Gambling Guides: AU Gambling - CA Gambling - UK Gambling - NZ Gambling - Online Gambling