****OMG its the Rocktober Poker chat thread****

Emperor IX

Emperor IX

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
lol I love how every post Emp makes is followed by at least 2-3 posts of how limit sux.

But really though, emp, move to NL plz. Limit sux. You'll win moar.

I disagree. I've won more at limit in the last two months than I ever have playing NL cash online. Even with yesterday/today's -$140

kleitches

kleitches

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I disagree. I've won more at limit in the last two months than I ever have playing NL cash online. Even with yesterday/today's -$140

Learn NL, then win moar.

Sorry about your birthday poker-wise :(. Did you at least have fun with friends and family?

Emperor IX

Emperor IX

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sorry about your birthday poker-wise :(. Did you at least have fun with friends and family?

LOL. You wouldn't believe that story if I told you. Pretty much worst birthday ever all around.

C

cAPSLOCK

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There are people who have won millions playing limit hold'em.

There is also something to be said for playing the less popular games.

kleitches

kleitches

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
LOL. You wouldn't believe that story if I told you. Pretty much worst birthday ever all around.

Would it help if Nick got every single member of this forum to ship you $0.01? You'd be up a good $600+ :)

Emperor IX

Emperor IX

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
CAPS DON'T ENCOURAGE HIM.

Don't worry, till I'm super rolled for 25nl, I'm not going anywhere. I'll keep the nl for the sng's/tourneys (which I have a good record in)

eNTy

eNTy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ffs i am even more sick than i was last week
when i miss a week of classes and go back on monday i expect to feel better and finally catch up, not feel worse, get a splitting DEATH headache and have to skip more classes

:(

Crummy

Crummy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It tis the season for everybody to be sick..... Hope you feel better soon eNTY.

Well I was going to play in a local WPT super satty on Saturday.... Instead the wife and I went shopping and did some damage that way!

S

switch0723

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
backtracking a bit, fwiw i have no idea who that trout guy was, but based on reactions i assume it was zach.

In other news i am going to martingale HU sng's to celebrate what's sure to be a failure in my test tomorrow so i have lots of monies

F Paulsson

F Paulsson

euro love
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
!!

!!!!!!

I'm playing poker! Everyone DUCK!

F Paulsson

F Paulsson

euro love
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i like this
limit ?

btw, if youre still on party isnt there like very little traffic at the limits u play ?

2/4 and 3/6. There's about 25 tables at those stakes going right now. 5/10 has about 15 tables going. Not a huge selection but since I'm only playing 3-4 tables nowadays anyway that's plenty of game selection.

eNTy

eNTy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
well good luck to you sir
always respected your game and advice.. kinda wish you could pump some life back in this sites strategy section but maybe thats something thats just unrealistic and impossible for one person to do.

LuckyChippy

LuckyChippy

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Coolers are uncool.

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (8 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

saw flop | saw showdown

CO ($9.85)
Button ($21.09)
SB ($8.59)
BB ($9.71)
UTG ($4.80)
UTG+1 ($5)
Hero (MP1) ($27.17)
MP2 ($14.05)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with 6
spade.gif
, 6
club.gif

1 fold, UTG+1 calls $0.10, Hero calls $0.10, MP2 bets $0.60, 4 folds, UTG+1 calls $0.50, Hero calls $0.50

Flop: ($2.11) 6
heart.gif
, A
club.gif
, J
diamond.gif
(3 players)
UTG+1 bets $0.60, Hero calls $0.60, MP2 calls $0.60

Turn: ($3.91) 3
club.gif
(3 players)
UTG+1 bets $0.40, Hero calls $0.40, MP2 raises to $3.30, 1 fold, Hero raises to $8.90, MP2 raises to $12.83 (All-In), Hero calls $3.93

River: ($29.97) 9
heart.gif
(2 players, 1 all-in)

Total pot: $29.97 | Rake: $1.99

Results:
Hero had 6
spade.gif
, 6
club.gif
(three of a kind, sixes).
MP2 had A
diamond.gif
, A
heart.gif
(three of a kind, Aces).
Outcome: MP2 won $27.98

Jurn8

Jurn8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
do you play limit FP?

and +1 to enty's comment about respecting your posts and game!

eNTy

eNTy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
do you play limit FP?

and +1 to enty's comment about respecting your posts and game!

i just use limit as a synonym for stake (like 1/2 and 2/4 etc) maybe that confused u :)

S

switch0723

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Turn: ($3.91) 3
club.gif
(3 players)
UTG+1 bets $0.40, Hero calls $0.40, MP2 raises to $3.30, 1 fold, Hero raises to $8.90, MP2 raises to $12.83 (All-In), Hero calls $3.93

You want to be rasing the .4 bet here, There are very few hands that MP2 will raise with behind you, so you are better off raising yourself to make getting it in on the river easier

slycbnew

slycbnew

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
well good luck to you sir
always respected your game and advice..

+1

And thanks for your discussions in HA, I thoroughly enjoy the depth of your analyses.

Checked out your blog this evening, and really appreciated your comments on playing when you're on top of your game, low volume, etc. While you were doing your pro stint, did you have any specific ways to get mentally prepared to play your A game? I'm finding it mentally exhausting to get through even short sessions these days. It's not an enjoyment problem, and my winrate is much better now that I simply quit my session when I feel my concentration lagging, but it's taking longer and longer before I feel ready to start the next session...

LuckyChippy

LuckyChippy

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You want to be rasing the .4 bet here, There are very few hands that MP2 will raise with behind you, so you are better off raising yourself to make getting it in on the river easier

Yeah that makes sense. I put MP2 on an ace and was waiting for him to move before commiting myself; I didn't put UTG+1 on much. I understand that it would be difficult to get it in ahead on the river if MP2 just called behind on the turn.

Thanks for the advice, I basically just went oh well a cooler and didn't think much about how I played the hand beyond that.

F Paulsson

F Paulsson

euro love
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
+1

And thanks for your discussions in HA, I thoroughly enjoy the depth of your analyses.

Checked out your blog this evening, and really appreciated your comments on playing when you're on top of your game, low volume, etc. While you were doing your pro stint, did you have any specific ways to get mentally prepared to play your A game? I'm finding it mentally exhausting to get through even short sessions these days. It's not an enjoyment problem, and my winrate is much better now that I simply quit my session when I feel my concentration lagging, but it's taking longer and longer before I feel ready to start the next session...

I didn't have a set warmup routine, but I know some professionals that swear by them. My own "warmup" mostly consisted of noticing that I was feeling good, firing up a bunch of tables, let the handhistory grabber run for awhile (this is possible at Party) and generally make myself practically prepared - make sure I had a glass of water and/or coffee available, closing the door to the workroom, etc - and then go through in my head some of the things I was going to focus on that day. I think a lot about poker away from the table and I often have something that I've thought of recently that I want to toy with. It can be anything from oversized 3-bets to how I play flushdraws to just in general pay attention to some stat that I don't normally look at that often. Then I get on a ton of waitlists and when a seat pops up I look at the players around me and make a decision as to whether or not I want to play it.

Basically, I pump up my psyche for poker by thinking about poker.

LuckyChippy

LuckyChippy

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Tricky spot here. Pre-flop rules out AA and KK put does add AK, QQ, JJ and 10's. Flop bet could be a queen/flush draw/medium pocket. I call to see what he does next as we're deep. The checked turn probably rules out a lone queen or shows a bad kicker which he'll probs now check down. A brick on the river and he leads out for the pot which confuses me. I suppose sets are on option but it seemed like 10's or something. I wasn't sure what to do and just called.

Any advice? I suppose most of you are gonna say FOLD FOLD FOLD and I played it fairly bad lol.

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.05 BB (8 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

SB ($6.20)
BB ($12.56)
UTG ($9.61)
UTG+1 ($9.94)
MP1 ($3.80)
Hero (MP2) ($10.66)
CO ($12.73)
Button ($11.97)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with J
heart.gif
, J
spade.gif

UTG bets $0.17, UTG+1 calls $0.17, MP1 calls $0.17, Hero raises to $0.60, 4 folds, UTG calls $0.43, UTG+1 calls $0.43, MP1 calls $0.43

Flop: ($2.55) Q
spade.gif
, 6
diamond.gif
, 3
spade.gif
(4 players)
UTG bets $1.05, 2 folds, Hero calls $1.05

Turn: ($4.65) 3
diamond.gif
(2 players)
UTG checks, Hero checks