• Start date
BetterThanAvgButNotByMuch

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This one might be good practice for folks interested in improving their hi/low hand reading ability.

So we are heads up in an Omaha 8 hand and we're trying to figure out what card on the river will give Player 1 a low hand suck out.

Knowing the card shouldn't be that hard (hint, hint) but putting both low hands in sequence might take a second or two and that's the real practice.

Player 1 has : A 5 5 6
Player 2 has: K Q 3 2

The suits aren't important because we're only focusing on the low pot.

The board is: 8 7 T 4 ?

So what card will gives Player 1 a low hand suck out for the low pot AND what are the final card sequences of both players AND how many outs did Player 1 have going to the river for the low hand suckout?

One way to answer this is to figure out what the low hands of both players are on the turn THEN if you know what the river card is then rearrange the final sequences of both players.

Reminder: Low hands start with the highest card first then go lower and you have to use 2 cards from your hand AND 3 cards from the board.

Hint: Its more than 3 outs.

Cheers!

Chica_bonita

Chica_bonita

Sad Funny Lady🌬
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RU
Chips
Hello!:ciao:
I started playing Omaha with recently. In Omaha hi-lo, everything is different: there is a better hand and a worse one. When considering the worst hand, the flush is not taken into account, and the pairs will be in the red.
I have problems with the translator, and I didn't quite understand which player we were talking about. :(
But as far as I can see, player 2 wins and will take the whole pot only if 5 falls out. He will collect on the street A-2-3-4-5 . In fact, he will beat a set or two pairs of player 1 at the hi level (only if he haven't flush there) and take the lo pot as the lowest lo combination.
If we are talking about outs, then there are 4 of them, if we do not know player 1's hand, if we know his hand, then only 2 outs.
But I'm new to Omaha and I could be wrong.:dontknow:

jaymfc

jaymfc

R.I.P DJ & Buck
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This one might be good practice for folks interested in improving their hi/low hand reading ability.

So we are heads up in an Omaha 8 hand and we're trying to figure out what card on the river will give Player 1 a low hand suck out.

Knowing the card shouldn't be that hard (hint, hint) but putting both low hands in sequence might take a second or two and that's the real practice.

So what card will gives Player 1 a low hand suck out for the low pot AND what are the final card sequences of both players AND how many outs did Player 1 have going to the river for the low hand suckout?

One way to answer this is to figure out what the low hands of both players are on the turn THEN if you know what the river card is then rearrange the final sequences of both players.

Reminder: Low hands start with the highest card first then go lower and you have to use 2 cards from your hand AND 3 cards from the board.

Hint: Its more than 3 outs.

Cheers!
not new to Omaha h/l but I can't see but two outs. 2 or 3. please explain ;)

B

batmanburgui

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips

56 second street
32 second low
Deal:cool:

Chica_bonita

Chica_bonita

Sad Funny Lady🌬
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RU
Chips
I read your comments and I think that I still understood something wrong. :(
Do we need to consider outs in order for the lo pot to be taken by player1or player2?

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello!:ciao:
I started playing Omaha with recently. In Omaha hi-lo, everything is different: there is a better hand and a worse one. When considering the worst hand, the flush is not taken into account, and the pairs will be in the red.
I have problems with the translator, and I didn't quite understand which player we were talking about. :(
But as far as I can see, player 2 wins and will take the whole pot only if 5 falls out. He will collect on the street A-2-3-4-5 . In fact, he will beat a set or two pairs of player 1 at the hi level (only if he haven't flush there) and take the lo pot as the lowest lo combination.
If we are talking about outs, then there are 4 of them, if we do not know player 1's hand, if we know his hand, then only 2 outs.
But I'm new to Omaha and I could be wrong.:dontknow:

Hi CB, it does not matter if you get it right or not. Thinking about hands might help you improve.

This is an Omaha8 or omaha hi/lo example where there is ALWAYS a high hand/ high pot like in regular omaha BUT if there are 3 different cards of 8 or under on the board AND you have 2 different cards of 8 or under in your hand then you can qualify for a low hand and TRY to win half the pot.

player 2's low cards are 3 2
player 1's low cards are A 5 6, The ace is a hi and low card.

and the board is 8 7 [T] 4

The ten is high so do not worry about it. We're only going for the low pot in this example.

So just for the HIGH POT, Player 1 is ahead with a straight, 8 7 {6] {5] 4 But we're really focused on the low pot.

For the LOW POT, Player 2 is winning so far and Player One is behind. Player 1 will need some help on the river to win the low pot.

Good effort, thanks for the response!!

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
not new to Omaha h/l but I can't see but two outs. 2 or 3. please explain ;)

The number of outs are the Remaining Cards in the whole deck to help you improve your hand.

So if you're saying Player 1 needs a 2 card or 3 card then that would be 8 outs of 2s and 3s but since player 2 has a 2 card and a 3 card in their hand then you subtract 2 of those cards because Player 2 has them and you are left with 6 total cards or 6 OUTS that are available to help improve your hand of 3 3 3 or 2 2 2 which = 6 outs.

You can't assume someone else had those cards because you don't know what they folded.

I'm going to assume you are saying Player 1 needs either a 2 card or 3 card or 6 outs or is it another card or cards? :)

LOL I didn't see your second response, Yes its either a 2 or 3 or 6 outs that Player One needs to take down the low side of the pot on the river. Good job.

Last edited:

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

56 second street
32 second low
Deal:cool:

Player two has only 2 low cards : 3 2

Player one has 3 low cards: 6 5 and an Ace

Part of the problem is putting the hand in order on the turn, highest cards to lowest, for both players.

Chica_bonita

Chica_bonita

Sad Funny Lady🌬
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RU
Chips
Hi CB, it does not matter if you get it right or not. Thinking about hands might help you improve.

This is an Omaha8 or omaha hi/lo example where there is ALWAYS a high hand/ high pot like in regular omaha BUT if there are 3 different cards of 8 or under on the board AND you have 2 different cards of 8 or under in your hand then you can qualify for a low hand and TRY to win half the pot.

player 2's low cards are 3 2
player 1's low cards are A 5 6, The ace is a hi and low card.

and the board is 8 7 [T] 4

The ten is high so do not worry about it. We're only going for the low pot in this example.

So just for the HIGH POT, Player 1 is ahead with a straight, 8 7 {6] {5] 4 But we're really focused on the low pot.

For the LOW POT, Player 2 is winning so far and Player One is behind. Player 1 will need some help on the river to win the low pot.

Good effort, thanks for the response!!
Good. Then, provided that we see the Cards of player 2, then player 1 has 6 outs to win: three threes and three twos. In this case, he will collect a low pot - low to 7.
P.S.: It's funny, but I'm confused T with Ace (In Russian, Ace will be "Туз")

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I read your comments and I think that I still understood something wrong. :(
Do we need to consider outs in order for the lo pot to be taken by player1or player2?

Player 2 is ahead on the turn for the low pot.

Player One with the 6 5 or Ace is going to need some help to win the low pot on the river. So Player 1 needs some cards or outs to win the low hand on the river.

Te next part of the question is to put both players low hands in order on the turn so we know how far behind Player One is.

Chica_bonita

Chica_bonita

Sad Funny Lady🌬
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RU
Chips
Player 2 is ahead on the turn for the low pot.

Player One with the 6 5 or Ace is going to need some help to win the low pot on the river. So Player 1 needs some cards or outs to win the low hand on the river.

Te next part of the question is to put both players low hands in order on the turn so we know how far behind Player One is.
Well, I changed my answer after your comment. I don't know how much I got it right, but I liked it.
Thanks for this warm-up.:flowers::flowers::flowers:

B

batmanburgui

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Player two has only 2 low cards : 3 2

Player one has 3 low cards: 6 5 and an Ace

Part of the problem is putting the hand in order on the turn, highest cards to lowest, for both players.
Player 1 has a second nuts low
player 2 second possible straight

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands