Omaha Blues...

vegafx12

vegafx12

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So, I've played PLO cash games and MTTs at various stakes, but no matter how high or low the limits, I just can't seem to crack this game...

It would seem to me that PLO is pretty much just the dirtiest game anyone could ever play, and it's more akin to gambling, than a game of skill like other poker games.

Thoughts/Suggestions?

W

WarrenCushing

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So, I've played PLO cash games and MTTs at various stakes, but no matter how high or low the limits, I just can't seem to crack this game...

It would seem to me that PLO is pretty much just the dirtiest game anyone could ever play, and it's more akin to gambling, than a game of skill like other poker games.

Thoughts/Suggestions?

You nailed it. PLO8 has some real strategy that I can relate to. PLO is a donkey stampede, everybody sees something in their cards. Three Kings in the hole, that's gotta be worth going all in, etc.

vegafx12

vegafx12

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You nailed it. PLO8 has some real strategy that I can relate to. PLO is a donkey stampede, everybody sees something in their cards. Three Kings in the hole, that's gotta be worth going all in, etc.

True story! PLO8 is at least somewhat more tolerable. I don't know what it is about the people that play PLO. They are some of the most reckless people I've ever spent time at a poker table with. The pre-flop 3-bet pot-bet every other hand just makes it so frustrating. I'm sitting here with a very solid starting hand that I'd like to see the flop with, but it's so hard when you're staring at a $60 bet to call with 3 betters/raisers behind. Of course, I can't justify making the call on a whim hoping that I hit the flop. So, I'm forced to fold whilst cursing at the screen! Just to see their hands at showdown and curse more at the screen wondering why the f**k they thought they had a good hand to raise with in the first place?!!?

God forbid I actually do make the call AND hit the flop! Now i'm stuck behind a pack of super aggressive numskulls that call/raise anything and everything. Now, I have to pay a small fortune with the best hand, praying the board doesn't pair, the club doesn't come, or they don't go runner runner and make some ridiculous hand to beat me on the river.

And then they do. They always do.... :confused::mad::confused::mad:

pro100phil

pro100phil

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think Omaha is the most dispersive form of poker. Too much depends on luck