Omaha 2-11 strategy

Scottk87

Scottk87

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey everyone, I have played a different type of Omaha, called Omaha 2-11. The main thing of the game is, you can use 2, or 3 cards from your hand, but there is only a 2 card flop, 1 card turn, 1 card river (Hense 2-11) I’m wondering if anyone has any tips on strategy, as the board texture is hard to read, and there is a lot of hidden hands. Thanks everyone.

N

nmate

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
that sounds pretty interesting. where did you play this at?

Scottk87

Scottk87

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I heard about it on the Top Pair Poker Podcast, and then played it at a dealers choice game. Apparently its being played in card rooms in California. Its very interesting.

M

Mateo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sounds interesting. I would imagine that a lot more good hands would be disguised, for example there will be straights possible on almost every board (as you can use three from your hand). I think getting reads on how someone plays would be especially important, as you don't have as much information on the hand from the board. Sounds very interesting!

Scottk87

Scottk87

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sounds interesting. I would imagine that a lot more good hands would be disguised, for example there will be straights possible on almost every board (as you can use three from your hand). I think getting reads on how someone plays would be especially important, as you don't have as much information on the hand from the board. Sounds very interesting!

It is a lot of fun, and a full house is possible on ANY board, again, as you can use 2 or 3 from your hand. The board no longer needs to pair up.

M

Mr211poker

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Response to Omaha 2-11

Scott: I am the inventor of the game you posted about. It’s actually called 2-11 Poker and I did the interview a few years ago after the hosts saw the game at our Las Vegas debut. I always enjoy communicating about the game so feel free to contact me directly at bruce@211poker.com. Thank you

AzdajaD

AzdajaD

Meat Pounder
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
RS
Chips
Never played that variation of omaha... if I see it somewhere I would definitely try it!